I tried defending this item distribution, but it really is terrible.

#101AROCK86(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 7:55:35 PM
inviso87 posted...
Chagen46 posted...
>All these MKW scrubs mad that they can't scrub by with 8 billion blue shells to an easy win

Lrn2drive.

This isn't Scrub Kart Wii and Thank God for that. Sorry you can't cheap out wins with broken items anymore, having to actually learn how to drive sure sucks doesn't it? There's no scrubby comebacks, just pure skill--something you clearly LACK.

You gotta calm down man. I mean, you show off the fact that you had zero concept of item use in MKW way too often.

I had my fair share of losses due to blue shells and such, but I had far more wins with amazing item management. You can ask the OP of this topic. He knows a portion of the true extent of my item management, being the poor victim of it, lol. Oh, Mini, GCN Waluigi Stadium will never be forgotten ;)

hahaha! I assume you're talking about doing the front flip one the final jump to throw a bomb straight down on me? Easily one of my most memorable races from MKW. Me and my brother still talk about that race. Just brought it up again a few days ago haha. Blew my mind at the time, but I had to tip my hat. Good stuff.
---
Mini Mii
The only time the word incorrectly isn't spelled incorrectly is when it's spelled incorrectly.
#102xFieryFiendxPosted 6/11/2014 8:08:50 PM
Chagen46 posted...
inviso87 posted...

You gotta calm down man. I mean, you show off the fact that you had zero concept of item use in MKW way too often.

What is there to know besides "blue shell will punish you for being good" and "spam items because Wii had way too goddamn many"?

There was zero emphasis on driving skill in Wii. Just items, items, ITEMS. In 8 it's the opposite. Deal with it.

I'm probably just spitballing here, but I think I know why you keep complaining about Mario Kart Wii. It's because you sucked at the game. It's ok though. :D
#103DarkAdonis123Posted 6/11/2014 8:22:00 PM
Item distribution in this game is terrible. Frankly, you have to be one serious fanboy to defend something so blatantly obvious. When you're given a blue shell, lightning bolt or a crazy 8 in second place, something is definitely wrong. There's no damage controlling this. The item distribution is the worst it's ever been. It's definitely going to get patched.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#104MasterPokerPosted 6/11/2014 8:23:05 PM
Item use, specifically when/where to use an item, is a form of skill.
Likewise, avoiding the items (traps, mostly) of others with best speed, is a reflex skill.
Sandbagging, like it or hate it, is a form of risk management...which is a skill.
Vehicle pathing, especially when its not as simple as copying a WR ghost because there isn't one overpowering style of play, is a skill.
Having the technical ability to take said paths at best speed (technical skill), is also a skill.

Of these five general skills, all of them are present in MK:W to a significant enough degree that if you were lacking in more areas than your rival, you were more likely to lose. Luck, while present, was in much smaller doses than the average player would have you believe - better players won consistently.

So far with what is known about MK8's metagame, technical skill seems to be the dominant element, followed by luck. Items hardly matter, trapping hardly happens (when's the last time you got hit by a peel...FIB doesn't exist either), and vehicle choice is as simplistic as Heavyweight+Hi-Speed Kart+Hit an acceleration tier or max speed...hardly much of a choice here.
---
i7-4770k | GeForce GTX 780 Ti | 16 GB DDR3 | Wii U | 3DS XL | PS3 | X360 | Xuande
#105Chagen46Posted 6/11/2014 8:29:14 PM
xFieryFiendx posted...

I'm probably just spitballing here, but I think I know why you keep complaining about Mario Kart Wii. It's because you sucked at the game. It's ok though. :D

I didn't even play that game because I don't have a Wii (more specifically mine broke and I never replaced it)

I did follow the scene however, which convinced me to not miss anything as I saw that the game was a janky itemfest anyway.
---
Baby Rosalina and Baby Daisy fanboy for life. Respect our adorable princesses!
#106xFieryFiendxPosted 6/11/2014 8:32:15 PM
Chagen46 posted...
xFieryFiendx posted...

I didn't even play that game because I don't have a Wii (more specifically mine broke and I never replaced it)

I did follow the scene however, which convinced me to not miss anything as I saw that the game was a janky itemfest anyway.

You've never played the game........why the f*** are you even arguing anyway? Maybe if you had played the game instead of watching videos of other people playing it, then maybe your arguments would be more valid. As it stands, it's not. Now go to the Smash board and argue over there. I'm sure they would welcome someone like you.
#107super_luigi16(Moderator)Posted 6/11/2014 8:33:01 PM
Chagen46 posted...

I.... I don't even.
---
Luigi > Mario
http://www.facebook.com/SLFAQS | Current - MK8 FAQ/Walkthrough - MGWT FAQ/Walkthrough
#108AROCK86(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 9:19:30 PM
Chagen46 posted...
xFieryFiendx posted...

lol!
---
Mini Mii
The only time the word incorrectly isn't spelled incorrectly is when it's spelled incorrectly.
#109Foolish_Banana2Posted 6/11/2014 9:22:28 PM
This topic has officially went: http://i.imgur.com/zsJwM22.gif
---
Wii U NNID: Banana_Mew
3DS friend code: 3153-5426-5994
#110Jo_JoaninePosted 6/11/2014 9:29:34 PM
There was no "sandbagging" on the SNES MK, and that was the best one of the bunch, so whatever.
Honestly though, the less of a factor items become, the better the games are for it.
Gran Turismo has no red shells, which just instantly makes it a better racing game.
Hopefully MK9 will have nothing but coins, banana peels and a rare mushroom booster.