I tried defending this item distribution, but it really is terrible.

#121Too_many_namesPosted 6/11/2014 11:37:10 PM
BottlesTheMole posted...
I absolutely hate the "git gud" response because it's just a cop out. I had 9600+ VR when I stopped playing MKW (and it was still going up with every race, mind you), so I'm by no means bad at Mario Kart.
I will admit that MKW's item generator was much more frantic than MK8's; however, it was also much more reliable. I could count on defense when I needed it and offense when I needed it. I can only assume that the people who whine about the item system in MKW are butt-hurt because they couldn't prep for blue shells properly (either with a lead, or with a dodge). lol Ironically, they're the ones who needed to "git gud", and now they're defending this new item system that actually allows them to win.

Now these kinds of posts are just stupid. How the hell am I supposed to dodge 4 blue shells in MKW? They are way too common, they stun you for 3 seconds AND they take away your items. It's terrible.

Front-running in MKW's pro rooms was the worst thing you could do. I don't see how that's better than making front-running the prevalent method of winning. They are both just as bad, but it least the latter is how racing games should be played; striving to keep first place.

I sound like a MKW "hater", but I am not, trust me. That game was really fun, but seeing certain people here call it a game of pure skills and MK8 a game of pure luck is absolutely ridiculous. AROCK pointed out the flaws of MK8, but he knows it still takes a good amount of skill to win. Some others here, however, are delusional and make up facts out of their rear ends.
---
An old man once told me: "No old man is to be trusted".
#122UchihaShinobiPosted 6/12/2014 12:43:59 AM
So many casuals detected. I bet you guys play Smash Brothers with items too and tell yourself you're very good? If you want to rely on items and stuff instead of actual racing skills, go play Mario Party lol.
#123ShadowUmbreon42Posted 6/12/2014 1:24:15 AM
UchihaShinobi posted...
So many casuals detected. I bet you guys play Smash Brothers with items too and tell yourself you're very good? If you want to rely on items and stuff instead of actual racing skills, go play Mario Party lol.

I've played with and without items on SB and i guarantee i'm way better than a scrub like you.

Get out
---
G.Faqs is full of rocks. Nintendo ID: blackbeartic
2277-7277-6375 IGN: Patrick
#124Cas27Posted 6/12/2014 3:22:56 AM
They really should change some things. My general placement is pretty much decided after the first one or two item boxes. Sometimes you get through without being hammered by shells and sometimes you get totally wrecked and the race is pretty much over.

Just some observations:
Getting red shells on the first item box when the field is close togehter.
Getting 3 red shells on second place in the last lap
six coin power ups in a row at first place.
green shells or squid at 9th or worse

Most of the time the field splits in 3 separate chunks. 1st-3rd place, 4th-8th place and 9th-12th place. The first ones have a kinda secure place because place 4-8 only shoot themselves down with the high shell power up rate. 9-12 just struggle for good power ups but only rarely get the good ones. 3 green shells on 10th place, woohoo.
#125kingjam1Posted 6/12/2014 3:30:18 AM
UchihaShinobi posted...

Lol. MK is not a game where you can win from driving alone. There are not enough shortcuts or difficult tracks. The skill gap is low. If you are in 12th, you're not getting to first via skill unless there is some broken shortcut.(I don't think this game has any) Items are this games' comeback mechanic. Otherwise races are decided at the beginning.
---
Can't think of anything
#126UchihaShinobiPosted 6/12/2014 3:35:46 AM
ShadowUmbreon42 posted...
UchihaShinobi posted...

I've played with and without items on SB and i guarantee i'm way better than a scrub like you.

Get out

Funny you say that. Tell me mister, do you prefer Melee or Brawl?
#127UchihaShinobiPosted 6/12/2014 3:37:59 AM
kingjam1 posted...
UchihaShinobi posted...

Lol. MK is not a game where you can win from driving alone. There are not enough shortcuts or difficult tracks. The skill gap is low. If you are in 12th, you're not getting to first via skill unless there is some broken shortcut.(I don't think this game has any) Items are this games' comeback mechanic. Otherwise races are decided at the beginning.

You are kind of right, but MKW was just a joke. MK8 is way better imo. And while it's almost impossible to get from 12th to 1st, it is possible however to get into the top 5 still.
#128ShadowUmbreon42Posted 6/12/2014 3:39:18 AM
UchihaShinobi posted...
UchihaShinobi posted...

Get out

Considering i only have played brawl...

I can't really choose. Heard melee was better though
---
G.Faqs is full of rocks. Nintendo ID: blackbeartic
2277-7277-6375 IGN: Patrick
#129UchihaShinobiPosted 6/12/2014 3:42:43 AM
UchihaShinobi posted...
UchihaShinobi posted...

Get out

Please, don't talk to me again ;) I've played against the top players in my country (tourney attendants). I take it you have never even heard of wavedashing and the sort. Brawl is an unbalanced crap game with tripping. You sir, are a casual and would've never beaten me in any of the Smash Bros. games.

Now, back to the topic at hand.
#130Too_many_namesPosted 6/12/2014 4:08:41 AM
UchihaShinobi posted...
UchihaShinobi posted...
UchihaShinobi posted...

Get out

Please, don't talk to me again ;) I've played against the top players in my country (tourney attendants). I take it you have never even heard of wavedashing and the sort. Brawl is an unbalanced crap game with tripping. You sir, are a casual and would've never beaten me in any of the Smash Bros. games.

Now, back to the topic at hand.

And that has absolutely nothing to do with MK8, which is a party game at its core; Melee was actually a competitive title.
---
An old man once told me: "No old man is to be trusted".