I tried defending this item distribution, but it really is terrible.

#81Pink_a_DinkPosted 6/11/2014 3:50:37 PM
I try defending this game in general honestly. And quite frankly, I give up. This game simply isn't fun unless you're playing locally with 3 of your friends, or at the least online with some friends. Playing against CPU's on 150cc is a nightmare, and playing online is just asking to get murdered by people with like 7000vp while I barely have 1500. Item distribution is just God awful. It doesn't give you the items you need. If I'm in like 9th place, I get a mushroom. Or a single red shell. Seriously, why not give me something I can use to bounce back like a golden mushroom, or a bullet bill? How come I never get the bullet bill at all? Not even when I'm 12th place. Sometimes its almost impossible to catch up to the 1st place person because you never get red shells or anything to help you catch up. Even when I'm in like 5th or 6th I swear I cannot catch up. Even with CPU's I swear sometimes I simply cannot catch up. And the tracks seem uninspired. Granted they look beautiful, but there's not enough obstacles to keep you on your toes.

Honestly, I think I'm over this game. Looking past the fact that its a Mario kart game, its just simply not fun unless you're with friends. I know Mario Kart has always been luck > skill, but this game is just ridiculous. This concludes my mini rant.
---
Dark Souls II PvP in a nutshell - http://i.imgur.com/IGihDcP.gif
#82GrizzmeisterPosted 6/11/2014 4:16:01 PM
Pink_a_Dink posted...
Honestly, I think I'm over this game. Looking past the fact that its a Mario kart game, its just simply not fun unless you're with friends. I know Mario Kart has always been luck > skill, but this game is just ridiculous. This concludes my mini rant.

I feel the same exact way and Mario Kart has always been my favorite video game franchise. MK8 is a major disappointment. :' (
---
Speaking on condition of anonymity.
#83Waver92Posted 6/11/2014 4:34:36 PM
It's so bad, that it's ruining my fun. Do they want me to defend myself??? Or help me catch up???

Coin in 7th?? Stay classy Nintendo...
---
Brawl FC: 4428-2324-2083 /3DS FC: 2964-8605-0439
Random Warning: HEAD FOR THE HILLS AND PUT YOUR ARMOR ON! THE FANBOYS ARE COMING!!!
#84inviso87Posted 6/11/2014 4:36:27 PM
Lots of recognizable faces in this topic...plenty of MKW peeps here.

Anyway, without any surprise, I too have my gripes with the current system, but I think it was actually a step in the right direction. The creators have a nasty habit of getting it near right, but doing that one thing that completely messes it up completely.

MKW had too many item boxes, to the point that races were too chaotic. The system itself was fine though. The idea of distance being the factor for MK8 was rather innovative, but so poorly executed, that you can't help but shake your head.

Personally, I believe if a combination of MKW and MK8's item mechanics had come forth, we would be in for a superb time. However, that didn't happen. The reduction of item boxes was also too much, considering you can't drag items in this game. They never seem to get it just right.

Winning an MK8 race is usually as simple as escaping the garbage on item box 1. If you can manage to escape, your race is usually easy (unless you're me and get 4+ Coins in a row...).

As it stands, I prefer MKW's item system to MK8's. MKW's required a different kind of skill. Knowing how to use your items was absolutely crucial. I don't feel that from MK8. You are forced into a defensive playing style, which greatly hinders, imo, the replay value of the game. Playing defensive 24/7 is no fun...
---
Sadie Banner -- http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i311/inviso87/SadieBanner.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILyzyQUUnL4 -- Watch me own Derolix
#85FiopPosted 6/11/2014 6:25:39 PM
I haven't played too much yet but I've had a harder time, due to items changes. In MKW, I used a weaker vehicle but was able to do well by learning to manage items well. Seems harder to do that in this game and I haven't played enough to learn the right lines yet. The only time I got first online so far was Moo Moo Meadows, where at least I'm familiar with the course...

Still, it's only been 2 weeks and new strategies are being discovered so metagame could change.
---
"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude." - 1 Cor 13:4-5
#86ShadowUmbreon42Posted 6/11/2014 6:29:10 PM
The item distribution is so much S*** in this game, i don't see how anyone can defend such a garbage system.

And no it's not by distance because i was knocked to last after being hit by 3 different people's red shells in rapid succession and i got worse items then the kid in front of me (a good distance in front of me).

It's so bad
---
G.Faqs is full of rocks. Nintendo ID: blackbeartic
2277-7277-6375 IGN: Patrick
#87Chagen46Posted 6/11/2014 6:53:08 PM(edited)
>All these MKW scrubs mad that they can't scrub by with 8 billion blue shells to an easy win

Lrn2drive.

This isn't Scrub Kart Wii and Thank God for that. Sorry you can't cheap out wins with broken items anymore, having to actually learn how to drive sure sucks doesn't it? There's no scrubby comebacks, just pure skill--something you clearly LACK.
---
Baby Rosalina and Baby Daisy fanboy for life. Respect our adorable princesses!
#88BabyLuigiOnFirePosted 6/11/2014 6:52:11 PM
Whatever, I play this game on shells only and frantic mode and never online so yeah
---
I'm a girl who loves Baby Luigi and accepted him as my personal lord and savior.
Your local Wario sadist.
#89xFieryFiendxPosted 6/11/2014 6:53:46 PM
Chagen46 posted...
>All these MKW scrubs mad that they can't scrub by with 8 billion blue shells to an easy win

Lrn2drive.

This isn't Scrub Kart Wii and Thank God for that. Sorry you can't cheap out wins with broken items anymore, having to actually learn how to drive sure sucks doesn't it?

Someone's trying too hard to be, dare I say, a try hard. I can't believe how ignorant you are.
#90ShadowUmbreon42Posted 6/11/2014 6:55:13 PM
xFieryFiendx posted...
Chagen46 posted...

Lrn2drive.

This isn't Scrub Kart Wii and Thank God for that. Sorry you can't cheap out wins with broken items anymore, having to actually learn how to drive sure sucks doesn't it?

Someone's trying too hard to be, dare I say, a try hard. I can't believe how ignorant you are.

ignore this rosalina crybaby
---
G.Faqs is full of rocks. Nintendo ID: blackbeartic
2277-7277-6375 IGN: Patrick