I tried defending this item distribution, but it really is terrible.

#91PhlipDarkRiotPosted 6/11/2014 6:07:14 PM
I compare the items in this game to outliers affecting an average in math problems. When there are outliers (like first being far ahead) the average gets screwed up. In this case, it seems like the pack behind 1st are all capable of getting items less indicative of their position.

It's like, the game sees the pack as a whole unit of "racers that are relatively close to 2nd but also relatively close to last" so then luck is a huge factor.

I think this on account of me just personally liking the items a lot better when I got into higher rank races. That way the racers were less scattered, skill wise. Even when I lost, it felt a lot less crappy imo.

A shame that this has to be really fragile, but at the same time luck screwing you over so unfairly always happened, and players being scattered in skill was never a lot of fun anyway.

(Also explains why there are complaints about first being weak and being strong, because if second place gets better items, first is screwed but if third gets better items, it screws second and first is even safer.)
---
Beyond these lines lies Darkness. And that remains true until computers are transparent. Which is just so unnecessary.
'uh come again'
#92KzTxL7Posted 6/11/2014 6:19:23 PM
Chagen46 posted...
>All these MKW scrubs mad that they can't scrub by with 8 billion blue shells to an easy win

Lrn2drive.

This isn't Scrub Kart Wii and Thank God for that. Sorry you can't cheap out wins with broken items anymore, having to actually learn how to drive sure sucks doesn't it? There's no scrubby comebacks, just pure skill--something you clearly LACK.

You're trying way too hard.
---
3DS FC- 1032 1840 6569
#93Foolish_Banana2Posted 6/11/2014 6:21:02 PM
Seriously, not everyone has that guy on ignore yet? What is everyone waiting for?
---
Wii U NNID: Banana_Mew
3DS friend code: 3153-5426-5994
#94inviso87Posted 6/11/2014 6:27:39 PM
Chagen46 posted...
>All these MKW scrubs mad that they can't scrub by with 8 billion blue shells to an easy win

Lrn2drive.

This isn't Scrub Kart Wii and Thank God for that. Sorry you can't cheap out wins with broken items anymore, having to actually learn how to drive sure sucks doesn't it? There's no scrubby comebacks, just pure skill--something you clearly LACK.

You gotta calm down man. I mean, you show off the fact that you had zero concept of item use in MKW way too often.

I had my fair share of losses due to blue shells and such, but I had far more wins with amazing item management. You can ask the OP of this topic. He knows a portion of the true extent of my item management, being the poor victim of it, lol. Oh, Mini, GCN Waluigi Stadium will never be forgotten ;)
---
Sadie Banner -- http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i311/inviso87/SadieBanner.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILyzyQUUnL4 -- Watch me own Derolix
#95Chagen46Posted 6/11/2014 6:34:23 PM
inviso87 posted...

You gotta calm down man. I mean, you show off the fact that you had zero concept of item use in MKW way too often.

What is there to know besides "blue shell will punish you for being good" and "spam items because Wii had way too goddamn many"?

There was zero emphasis on driving skill in Wii. Just items, items, ITEMS. In 8 it's the opposite. Deal with it.
---
Baby Rosalina and Baby Daisy fanboy for life. Respect our adorable princesses!
#96GenesisKPosted 6/11/2014 6:35:42 PM
Roll_kix_azz posted...
The item distribution is crap. That and the items themselves like stars were nerfed, and there are VERY few shortcuts that actually help people catch up. That and blue shells were nerfed so once first gets ahead no one's catching them because they'll be too busy hitting each other with items while first gets further and further away with no fear of even a blue shell since they're so rare.

The first item box pretty much determines the race, which is ridiculous.

The main problem I have with MK8
---
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html
#97SilentSerphPosted 6/11/2014 6:45:19 PM
My biggest problem with MK8 was uninspired new tracks.

I don't have an issue with the item distribution. I actually found it much easier to win with skill in Wii than this version. When you got good at wheelies, inner drifts and exploiting the tracks, you could get so much farther ahead. Whereas in MK8 karts tend to stay much closer together so you're far more vulnerable to getting knocked from 1st to 6th at the last minute. Usually when I got hit with blue shells in MKW I never fell back farther than a spot or two.
#98GenesisKPosted 6/11/2014 6:49:36 PM
Getting hit with a blue shell in this game won't even set you back a place or two...LMAO
---
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html
#99SilentSerphPosted 6/11/2014 6:51:58 PM
Not on it's own, but I find a common theme in this game is, get hit, before you can recover next racer hits you, before you can recover next racer hits you.

I found it WAY easier to build a huge lead in Wii than in this one because you didn't have to choose between top speeds and really tight turns and could exploit the hell out of every track.
#100QualiTPosted 6/11/2014 6:53:51 PM
Mario Kart is serious business.

Post 100!
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.