Is it possibe to dodge red/blue shells?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. Is it possibe to dodge red/blue shells?

User Info: Mindwipe77

Mindwipe77
2 years ago#1
I have tried dodging blue ones but does not seem possible, red ones i can never dodge but sometimes they disappear, just curious.
Playstation- Where The Greatest Play+ Wii U
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."

User Info: GenoAzelf

GenoAzelf
2 years ago#2
Reds- Only if you get lucky, they may hit a track obstacle, like a Goomba or a trolley on Toad Harbor.

Blues- Yes, you can break it with a Super Horn, or you can dodge it with a mushroom or star.
I use Pokemon I like in OU, it's just that a lot of Pokemon I like are OU. | My NNID: GenoAzelf <---- Add Me!
Old Account: Azelf39

User Info: MultiShadow101

MultiShadow101
2 years ago#3
GenoAzelf posted...
Reds- Only if you get lucky, they may hit a track obstacle, like a Goomba or a trolley on Toad Harbor.

It's not entirely on luck. I dodged a red shell once by quickly getting in front of a dropped banana.

User Info: Mindwipe77

Mindwipe77
2 years ago#4
GenoAzelf posted...

Blues- Yes, you can break it with a Super Horn, or you can dodge it with a mushroom or star.

thanks thats good to know about the blue ones
Playstation- Where The Greatest Play+ Wii U
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."

User Info: Pitbuller_26

Pitbuller_26
2 years ago#5
Red shells: Assuming it doesn't hit you from the side. You can hold a green/red shell or a banana behind you. Or use a Super Horn.

Blue Shells: You have to use a Super Horn. I did hear that if you have a Mushroom, you can time it just right and avoid the explosion.
http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1268.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-2062.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1750.png

User Info: Vidgmchtr

Vidgmchtr
2 years ago#6
As far as I know, the "boost" method for dodging a blue shell was done away with. I was able to do it in Mario Kart Wii and 7 fine, but every time I tried dodging the blue shell with a mushroom in 8, I failed each time.

User Info: Matthew3DSGamer

Matthew3DSGamer
2 years ago#7
Vidgmchtr posted...
As far as I know, the "boost" method for dodging a blue shell was done away with. I was able to do it in Mario Kart Wii and 7 fine, but every time I tried dodging the blue shell with a mushroom in 8, I failed each time.

No, it's definitely still possible. I've done it myself a few times.
Mega Absol is competitively viable. PM me if you agree. Number of people who agree so far: 14
Gamefaqs in a nutshell: http://i.imgur.com/zsJwM22.gif

User Info: ColtCababa

ColtCababa
2 years ago#8
I've actually avoided a Red Shell before: after gliding, I hit the ceiling for as far as I could go and it eventually flew on by. I was a Lightweight in order to elevate to that level, but results may vary.
The vigilante GameFAQs needs, but not the one it deserves
3DS FC: 2964-8611-5412

User Info: MadDewg

MadDewg
2 years ago#9
Matthew3DSGamer posted...
Vidgmchtr posted...

No, it's definitely still possible. I've done it myself a few times.

I have also done it, a lot actually. I use the mushroom right at the moment the blue shell is circling your character's head (basically when they is looking at it, lol).
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg NNID:xMadDoggx According to some GameFaqs posters, I am both a weaboo and an average western gamer at the same time. WTF =(

User Info: arcticfox14

arcticfox14
2 years ago#10
Look up the Mario Kart 8 protips series on youtube, I think it's episode 3 or 4 where he shows the 5-or-so frame window that you can boost through the explosion.
3DS FC: 2981-7080-7404
Wii U/PSN/Steam: arcticfox14
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. Is it possibe to dodge red/blue shells?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived