Anyone else gotten motion sickness from this game?

#1RavagedSanctityPosted 6/21/2014 11:13:59 AM
Motion sickness is actually the reason I have never been able to play any first-person games, shooter or otherwise, but I've never experienced it in a non-first-person game until Mario Kart 8. It's not on as extreme a level, so I can still play the game, but never for more than 30 minutes at a time, and it happens on courses like Bowser's Castle and Rainbow Road that spiral around a lot. What's weirder is that I played F-Zero GX to probably 95% completion and never had a motion sickness problem once, but somehow Mario Kart 8 just makes me queasy.

So I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem, even if in small doses.
#2Stanger5150Posted 6/21/2014 11:43:16 AM
Thankfully, no. I was worried before I bought it because of the anti-grav mechanic, but I'm good. There are still only four games in existence that make me motion sick: wolfenstein 3D, Mirror's Edge, Sonic Lost World, and the original Turok. I started feeling it a little with Super Mario Galaxy, but it went away. The overhead levels in Contra III do it a little, but I can't play Wolfenstein, Turok, Sonic, or Mirror's Edge at all.
---
PSN/NN: BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, PS4
#3ColtCababaPosted 6/21/2014 11:51:07 AM
Nope. Never get motion sickness from video games.
---
The vigilante GameFAQs needs, but not the one it deserves
3DS FC: 2964-8611-5412
#4TweedsidersPosted 6/21/2014 12:09:39 PM(edited)
Only course that gave me motion sickness at first (Not anymore) was the new rainbow road.
---
3DS FC - 4871-3511-4727
#5MadDewgPosted 6/21/2014 12:59:53 PM
ColtCababa posted...

Same. *Probably helps that I played a **** ton of doom and duke nukem 3D back in the day, lol*
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg NNID:xMadDoggx According to some GameFaqs posters, I am both a weaboo and an average western gamer at the same time. WTF =(
#6Stanger5150Posted 6/21/2014 1:36:34 PM
MadDewg posted...
ColtCababa posted...

Same. *Probably helps that I played a **** ton of doom and duke nukem 3D back in the day, lol*

So did I. Played the hell out of Doom and it didn't make me sick... I even played Redneck Rampage a lot, which used the Duke Nukem engine. Wofenstein was the only one that made me sick. I downloaded it on PSN to see if I'd grown out of that problem, and no luck. $5 wasted. I was so excited for it when it came out too. Same with Turok. I can play Turok 2, Turok 3, and Goldeneye just fine, but I can't pass the first area of Turok 1.
---
PSN/NN: BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, PS4
#7LG_RAVEPosted 6/21/2014 1:44:40 PM
Wow, I've never had that before. To me Mario Kart 8 feels slow at times. Maybe I'm used to faster games. I'm sorry that the game makes you sick. Has it ever caused you to throw up?
---
PSN: Trap-Hole, don't get sucked in
#8RavagedSanctity(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 2:38:20 PM
Only time I've ever thrown up was while watching someone play Gears of War, but never when I've actually been the one playing a game. Still, I feel like I'm going to when playing certain games, but it's worse when I'm not the one playing. For instance, since someone mentioned Galaxy, I probably would've gotten sick watching someone else play it.
#9MadDewgPosted 6/21/2014 3:01:34 PM(edited)
I have a cousin that would get sick/start puking whenever they watched me play gears of war 1, 2, and 3 on multiplayer, used to ask me how the hell can I stand it lmao.

It was because of the shaky camera while roadie running right?
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg NNID:xMadDoggx According to some GameFaqs posters, I am both a weaboo and an average western gamer at the same time. WTF =(
#10UsabellPosted 6/21/2014 3:43:01 PM
No motion sickness for games here, I only get it when I'm in a real car and the driver is doing very aggressive cuts on the corners in a mountain pass or something.

But MK8 is one of the very few games that has me lean my head sideways, hold my controller sideways and push my feet diagonally on the ground in places. Never had that happen in the last 10 or so years of playing games. It must have something to do with the way the camera is angled, and of course the smoothness (playing it on a CRT HDTV).
---
Consoles shouldn't be about 480p, 720p, 1080p or the prettiest slideshow.
They are about a magical box that outputs wonderful streams of 60 images per second.