What's stopping Nintendo from Adding new characters?

#1ValkyrieXVIIIPosted 7/9/2014 11:26:30 AM
Really, it's not like they have to design unique vehicles for each characters. All Nintendo has to do is make stunt & victory animations. It couldn't be more easy for them. With all I've seen of MK8 I think its completely lazy. Can I at least have Hammer Bro please?
#2Malefio777Posted 7/9/2014 11:29:23 AM
I read somewhere that Nintendo is against DLC, because they want to release fully finished games...

In other words, they are not EA xd
---
NNID: malefio (Miis= EL CHEATO, GAYLORD, Missmouche and Bobby)
To see Gamefaqs Frantic Highlights: Youtube channel: Bobbyseven7
#3ValkyrieXVIII(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 11:40:47 AM
That only applies to when they're adding new game modes or bug fixes does it not? Didn't Mario Golf World Tour have DLC? Isn't there a Mercedes Bens DLC? Excuses if Nintendo really said that.
#4Pink_a_DinkPosted 7/9/2014 11:48:21 AM
Malefio777 posted...
I read somewhere that Nintendo is against DLC, because they want to release fully finished games...

We're getting the Mercedes DLC soon. Also Fire Emblem Awakening had DLC.

So... Nintendo can't keep their story straight apparently.
---
My reaction when stupid people say stupid things - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBVhfdduwfo
#5pikachu936Posted 7/9/2014 11:49:39 AM
Malefio777 posted...

Sakurai said that, not Nintendo. =P
---
(>-'.'-)> 2 Kirbies went into a food store, the next day the store went bankrupt. <(-'.'-<)
David Mitchell > You.
#6Malefio777Posted 7/9/2014 11:57:34 AM
Well just wanted to share what I read... I don't remember the source, so my post may be invalid xd
---
NNID: malefio (Miis= EL CHEATO, GAYLORD, Missmouche and Bobby)
To see Gamefaqs Frantic Highlights: Youtube channel: Bobbyseven7
#7Bluellama1Posted 7/9/2014 12:07:10 PM
ValkyrieXVIII posted...
Really, it's not like they have to design unique vehicles for each characters. All Nintendo has to do is make stunt & victory animations. It couldn't be more easy for them. With all I've seen of MK8 I think its completely lazy. Can I at least have Hammer Bro please?

"All one has to do to reach the top of Mount Everest is climb it."

Seriously, I'd bet that making just the roster for this game cost more than it did to make the entirety of MKDS. It hasn't even been two months yet, and we are almost certainly getting DLC. I understand that waiting is hard and there are some characters you would love to race as, but there's only so much that can happen and calling Nintendo lazy isn't really going to help anyone in the end.

Also, being lazy and developing video games are mutually exclusive, at any level/budget.
---
PSN/NNID: Bluellama1
3DS FC: 2294-3585-0976
#8ValkyrieXVIII(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 12:32:15 PM
Bluellama1 posted...
ValkyrieXVIII posted...

"All one has to do to reach the top of Mount Everest is climb it."

Seriously, I'd bet that making just the roster for this game cost more than it did to make the entirety of MKDS. It hasn't even been two months yet, and we are almost certainly getting DLC. I understand that waiting is hard and there are some characters you would love to race as, but there's only so much that can happen and calling Nintendo lazy isn't really going to help anyone in the end.

Also, being lazy and developing video games are mutually exclusive, at any level/budget.

Every character drives the same vehicles just with different animations. Hell I've seen games do far better its that Mario games can get away with whatever they put out. Not mentioning any specific names but there's a game out there with 31 characters each having 3 different vehicles and its a 3rd party game. Just accept that Nintendo has triple A IPs putting out 3rd party effort.
#9Foolish_Banana2Posted 7/9/2014 12:35:35 PM
Nintendo's stopping Nintendo from adding extra content.

That's a serious answer, by the way.
---
Wii U NNID: Banana_Mew
3DS friend code: 3153-5426-5994
#10Momogirl1Posted 7/9/2014 12:58:48 PM
Time and money issue, you do not see their end.
---
Fangirl of Baby Peach. Support the baby racers! They are not stupid.
View me on Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Momogirl1/posts