Infernal Mode Question

#1StuntmanSnakePosted 5/21/2013 8:02:01 PM
Just started playing for the first time and infernal mode is insane. I feel like I should have a lot more firepower because it literally takes like 40-50 handgun bullets to put down ONE enemy. Am I supposed to play on normal and then play infernal mode on new game +? Is that even possible to change difficulties and keep your gear?

Thank you!
---
PSN: StuntmanSnake /// Gamertag: StuntmanSnake
OUYA: StuntmanSnake /// Steam: StuntmanSnake
#2satat317Posted 5/21/2013 8:23:12 PM
Infernal is a kind of mode where enemies rwally don't need to be killed but wounded so you can pass by. While you save ammo for the real bosses. I hate to say people are playing wrong but..... amyway why do you think pumping so many bullets into enemy won't keep them down. Its the most efficient way to play.
---
Official ~NARIKO/LARA CROFT~ of the PSASBR boards
#3StuntmanSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 8:29:09 PM
But what I'm wondering is if I can play on normal first and then do a new game+ with my weapons transferring over.
---
#4slapper1Posted 5/21/2013 8:34:50 PM(edited)
There are 2 ways to play infernal Mode. One is designed for a new game plus playthrough where you have already acquired all of the Campaign firearms and numerous custom parts and ammo cases to upgrade your arsenal. This playthrough allows you to kill pretty much every enemy at your leisure (most of them anyway) as you should have very powerful firearms. The other way to play Infernal is designed around playing a fresh run on Infernal Mode (what you, I and several others are doing) and the general tactic is to dodge enemies (with the exception of enemies you have to kill to advance the story which is very few of them) and scan everything you can.

Option 1 (new game plus) is much easier but also far less fulfilling when you complete it, although it's still challenging. Option 2 (fresh run) on the other hand is very difficult and requires lots of planning and caution to survive. I'm making a walkthrough for Infernal mode on youtube but all I can say is to avoid all the enemies that you can and scan all the time. The final boss is going to suck massive d*** though lol.
---
When facing a zombie apocalypse, don't join up with a group. Why? Because you'll end up blowing your own head off due to all the pointless drama caused within.
#5StuntmanSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 8:37:01 PM
slapper1 posted...
There are 2 ways to play infernal Mode. One is designed for a new game plus playthrough where you have already acquired all of the Campaign firearms and numerous custom parts and ammo cases to upgrade your arsenal. This playthrough allows you to kill pretty much every enemy at your leisure (most of them anyway) as you should have very powerful firearms. The other way to play Infernal is designed around playing a fresh run on Infernal Mode (what you, I and several others are doing) and the general tactic is to dodge enemies (with the exception of enemies you have to kill to advance the story which is very few of them) and scan everything you can.

Option 1 (new game plus) is much easier but also far less fulfilling when you complete it, although it's still challenging. Option 2 (fresh run) on the other hand is very difficult and requires lots of planning and caution to survive. I'm making a walkthrough for Infernal mode on youtube but all I can say is to avoid all the enemies that you can and scan all the time. The final boss is going to suck massive d*** though lol.

Thank you very much for the detailed response!
---
#6ryancycPosted 5/21/2013 8:44:11 PM
What's the saving system in this game, you can only save in certain areas or is it auto-save?
#7jpv2000Posted 5/22/2013 6:57:59 AM
ryancyc posted...
What's the saving system in this game, you can only save in certain areas or is it auto-save?

Both, on the 360, at least. It has various auto saves, and allows you to save manually at the end of each episode.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)