LOL at Gamespot's review (6.5)....

#41KattfoderPosted 5/24/2013 10:00:00 PM
Tbh it was a fair review of a below average game.
#42KujaaPosted 5/24/2013 10:02:06 PM
On what bases?
#43ZeeDoggePosted 5/24/2013 10:03:32 PM
Kujaa posted...
On what bases?

Being a simplified version of a bad game(RE4-6)
---
lol assault rifles are machine guns.... d'oh! :P btw so are submgs and anything that has automatic fire.
~squiggy9996999
#44Hawke0Posted 5/25/2013 12:10:46 AM
Gamespot is one of the worst reviewers out there.

However, a large amount of backtracking is a valid complaint.
---
Armstrong/Monsoon 2016
#45ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 5/25/2013 12:14:43 AM
I think one important aspect is that the reviewer of the 3DS versions do was a RE fan, while the reviewer of the console version isn't. To show my point:

3DS reviewer:

The result isn't an Umbrella-style crime against nature, but a healthy, happy hybrid: an optimum mix of tense, creepy exploration and stop-and-shoot action, telling a tale of bioterrorism and unwise genetic meddling aboard an abandoned ocean liner.

Console reviewer:

terrible things have happened aboard that ship, and as a result, you're constantly attacked by bio-organic weapons, some of which look like people covered head to toe in gray ooze and others of which resemble human-size lizard creatures from a low-budget monster movie.

While the first reviewer even knows about Umbrella, which is not mentioned at all in this game, the second reviewer doesn't even know what a Hunter, a staple monster of the RE series, is.
#46djepic112Posted 5/25/2013 12:16:32 AM
I thought the backtracking was nice. I like being able to explore an entire area and going back to it. This was like the old REs.
#47jpv2000Posted 5/25/2013 9:00:51 AM
djepic112 posted...
I thought the backtracking was nice. I like being able to explore an entire area and going back to it. This was like the old REs.

This.

One of the major complaints from many, not saying a majority or minority but many, was that the new games were too linear with no backtracking. Now many are complaining about the backtracking. LOL

I love it, and I love this game. My only 2 complaints are no laser and no chapter select. Otherwise, nearly perfect in my opinion.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#48Angemon_23Posted 5/25/2013 11:39:22 AM
She has a partial share of the company....she aint going nowhere ha-ha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#49riddlebox89Posted 5/25/2013 12:05:45 PM
jpv2000 posted...
One of the major complaints from many, not saying a majority or minority but many, was that the new games were too linear with no backtracking. Now many are complaining about the backtracking. LOL

How much backtracking is there? If it's anymore than the first three games had then yes, the game having too much backtracking is indeed a valid complaint.

Coryo61827 posted...
Also I think it's kinda funny too that this is pretty much just a HD port and on the 3DS they were giving this game higher score. And now it's like "oh well now we change our mind. The game gets 2 less points from us." Haha. How do you go from an 8.5 to a 6.5 on pretty much the exact same game!? Makes no sense lol.

It makes perfect sense, it's a handheld game that got ported to home consoles and didn't offer a whole lot in terms of improvements and differences to how the game feels or plays, as in, it still feels like it should have stayed a portable game.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#50Hawke0Posted 5/25/2013 2:39:28 PM
The reason for the different score is the different person.

ZeeDogge posted...
Kujaa posted...
On what bases?

Being a simplified version of a bad game(RE4-6)

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4686527600920188&pid=15.1
---
Armstrong/Monsoon 2016