Any tips on the last boss (spoilers)

#1BehaviorismPosted 5/27/2013 6:22:35 AM
I know HOW to hit him, but I can't seem to do so enough times. I can't get this dodging move down pat and I hit him about 10 times and he's still not dead. I finally got him down to his 3rd "form" but he kept charging and hitting me (this game needs a sprint button). Any tips because I'm really frustrated
---
Polaris, Psylocke, Jubilee, and Dazzler = My Harem
Anime girls? Yes!
#2tuznecotePosted 5/27/2013 6:49:37 AM
This was the one moment that pissed me riiiiiiiiiiiiiight off. One of the few blemishes in the whole game (hunters being the main). This boss seriously did my ******* head in. I was fearing it was another capcom fighting game style impossible cheap crap last boss thankfully its do able.

That thrid form keep running round the middle of the room in circles. When different versions of him warp in just do a 90 degree on him just in case. I think after the 3rd fake out there is a lull then the real guy warps in. Get as much space as possible if you have a rifle aim at that heart. That does serious quick damage. If you can't get the shot just run.

(Btw you can tell its the real form because of the purple breath)

Please not restart the fight instead of dying or after dying to get a cheap S.
#3coolmig01Posted 5/27/2013 8:10:40 AM
i just beat him today on first try after i failed 3 times last night. It wasn't too bad. Just keep hitting the heart and you can block him from attacking all together. When he starts showing up with decoys, look for the one with purple clouds on hit's chest and fire away at that one.

If you have a rifle with at least a damage 3, it will make life sooo much easier. that's what i used to finish him off and it took him down real quick.
---
Excited for RE6? add me! PSN: coolmig01
#4nimatoda666Posted 5/27/2013 8:23:31 AM
coolmig01 posted...
i just beat him today on first try after i failed 3 times last night. It wasn't too bad. Just keep hitting the heart and you can block him from attacking all together. When he starts showing up with decoys, look for the one with purple clouds on hit's chest and fire away at that one.

If you have a rifle with at least a damage 3, it will make life sooo much easier. that's what i used to finish him off and it took him down real quick.

Why wouldn't you have a damage 3, or the two or three 4's or the damage 5? My strat is to start off with the g36 put the 500 percent stopping power, best damage upgrade and best capacity upgrade on and go to town. Then when you run out of ammo slap all that stuff on your magnum python until you run out of ammo in that. If he still isn't dead and you don't have the rocket launcher/don't want to use it then I recommend using the psg1 with damage capacity and the 60 percent fire rate upgrade and basically using it as a more powerful machine gun.
#5slapper1Posted 5/27/2013 8:33:14 AM
^ He probably wasn't playing on Infernal Mode like you are because Damage 5,6,and 7 are only in Infernal Mode.
---
When facing a zombie apocalypse, don't join up with a group. Why? Because you'll end up blowing your own head off due to all the pointless drama caused within.
#6Rising_shadowPosted 5/27/2013 8:52:49 AM
I'm fairly sure I've got two Damage 5's on my file and I haven't touched Infernal. Though I'm on a NG+ so it could be that higher mods appear on later levels only in NG+ or Infernal.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#7nimatoda666Posted 5/27/2013 10:51:19 AM
slapper1 posted...
^ He probably wasn't playing on Infernal Mode like you are because Damage 5,6,and 7 are only in Infernal Mode.

6 and 7 are infernal, 5 is normal mode.
#8CTU_007Posted 5/27/2013 1:26:32 PM
Try and stay in a corner as much as possible for this fight. It makes it so much easier when he can only teleport in front of you.
#9xokennyxoPosted 5/27/2013 1:58:00 PM
At first, I hated fighting him but then I realized his moves are very predictable.

The only part that is annoying is him bum rushing, try to dodge him if not then you should have herbs to heal.

After that, he'll try to use multiple images to confuse you, just run away from them and don't worry about countering him. He'll stagger enough for you to put some shots in.

Basically, just run from him at that point.

I understand how annoying it is to fight him, cause I just defeat him on Infernal and trust me, he has A LOT of health. Had to use all of my Magnum ammo and half my shotgun reserve.
---
I've got a burning desire for...
#10zooknutPosted 5/27/2013 2:31:29 PM
when he starts showing double look for the one that has purple smoke coming out of his mouth that's the real abyss everytime..every time u see that heart blast away...shotgun with long mag works best only reload after he backs away..when he falls to his knee blast away his orange head do not interact kick

just beat him an hour ago but it took me 6 attempts..thank god beating him felt good!