Upgrade weapons

#1jeanbloomPosted 6/15/2013 3:34:32 AM
How do I upgrade weapons on the 360
#2SoulRequiem2Posted 6/15/2013 4:15:30 AM
When in the weapons screen press (X) button when the cursor is on a weapon you'll be taken to a slided screen side where you can attach weapon parts to it to upgrade it. This is done both in Raid and Campaign. Weapons have levels too in Raid mode. Were a higher level means more power for that weapon. Also they come in colors (names) this determines a rarity value and also boost their stats. Certain weapons come with a permanent modified ability apart of what you attach to it for greater customization. Color and levels do not exist in Campaign only in Raid mode.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: NAGASE KOFMI2
My dream of seeing Talim Grown Up has been destroyed!
#3OmegaZero2986Posted 6/15/2013 4:41:58 AM
what requiem said it's correct just adding that after you beat trench you can buy permanent upgrades at the store for fire power, fire speed and capacity but just for one single weapon (handgun, M gun, magnum, shotgun or sniper), and after beat abyss you can tag weapons that are tagless lettin you put a lvl 49 or 50 tagless gun the ability of your choice (speed shot, long range, sonic assist+, etc) both are expensive but totally worth it
---
Yeah i know Zero Leonhart Heartilly doesn't sound very girlish but alas I've pick it and you?
GT: Zer0 LeonharT
#4Comdr_XPosted 6/15/2013 11:57:56 AM
I havn't unlocked the permanent upgrades yet. By one weapon do you mean just one type or a single weapon. Can I upgrade a M92F to +30 and I Windam to +30 or can I only upgrade a single type.
---
"My Metal Gear REX is nothing more than a formerly nuclear-equipped, walking death mobile."
#5jeanbloom(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 6:37:39 PM
yes I see the X but what do I do to ensure the upgrades go to a specific weapon, when I click on the upgrade on the right hand side what do I do then, I see A (skip) but do not see any button to press to make sure they go to the weapon.
#6jeanbloom(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 6:43:15 PM
PS it just seems my weapons are not doing what they are supposed to do after upgrades. So it would appear I am doing something wrong as it seems they are not going to the specific weapon, ie how do I check to make sure. Also can I remove the same upgrades and put them on a later weapon. ( I am on level 3 campaign)
#7OmegaZero2986Posted 6/16/2013 2:46:09 AM
Comdr_X posted...
I havn't unlocked the permanent upgrades yet. By one weapon do you mean just one type or a single weapon. Can I upgrade a M92F to +30 and I Windam to +30 or can I only upgrade a single type.

just a single weapon so if you want 3 M92F +30 you need to buy 90 upgrades, it's expensive as i said but you can see the difference between the upgraded weapons, i can't get lvl 49 max slots guns yet but i have 2 high rollers lvl 45 tagless one +30 and the other one not upgraded so the fire power of the first one is 2400 and the second one 1600, and the fist one have capacity and fire rate upgrades too so it's not at full power.

my words to you: Save BPs a lot of BPs you'll need them to get powerful guns ;]
---
Yeah i know Zero Leonhart Heartilly doesn't sound very girlish but alas I've pick it and you?
anyone who wants to add or text me this is my GT: Zer0 LeonharT
#8OmegaZero2986Posted 6/16/2013 3:58:07 AM
jeanbloom posted...
PS it just seems my weapons are not doing what they are supposed to do after upgrades. So it would appear I am doing something wrong as it seems they are not going to the specific weapon, ie how do I check to make sure. Also can I remove the same upgrades and put them on a later weapon. ( I am on level 3 campaign)

it's easy you press X and then choose the part you want to put in the gun press A and it's done, to see if the part is already in the gun press B and you should be able to see your guns instead of the parts and highlight the gun you want to check and see if the part is already on, if your question is about upgrades in campaign you hardly notice it cos in the campaign there is no lifebars or hit numbers so the parts really do what they meant to but you can't see it as easy as in raid :P
---
anyone who wants to add or text me this is my GT: Zer0 LeonharT
#9SoulRequiem2Posted 6/16/2013 4:04:12 AM
jeanbloom posted...

Yes I think it's (A), I'm bad at tutorials but yes you equip them and yes you can remove the parts, that I remember clearly, you remove them with the right bump (RB) and can equip to another but as long as it's compatible. There are pieces for specific weapons only. And some parts increase a specific percent so this means it's chance time and will not pump up that ability all the time, except fixed upgrades such as fire rate which is also by percent but you will always notice the weapon's speed at firing or reloading is faster.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: NAGASE KOFMI2
My dream of seeing Talim Grown Up has been destroyed!
#10Comdr_XPosted 6/16/2013 5:21:58 AM
OmegaZero2986 posted...
Comdr_X posted...

just a single weapon so if you want 3 M92F +30 you need to buy 90 upgrades, it's expensive as i said but you can see the difference between the upgraded weapons, i can't get lvl 49 max slots guns yet but i have 2 high rollers lvl 45 tagless one +30 and the other one not upgraded so the fire power of the first one is 2400 and the second one 1600, and the fist one have capacity and fire rate upgrades too so it's not at full power.

my words to you: Save BPs a lot of BPs you'll need them to get powerful guns ;]

Still a little confused. Am I only able to upgrade one type? In Raid I carry a Samurai Edge and High Roller. When I unlock the option will I be able to put permanent upgrades to both of those guns?
---
"My Metal Gear REX is nothing more than a formerly nuclear-equipped, walking death mobile."