Why can't I get a tuner monster?

#1RagnoraokPosted 2/24/2013 6:59:34 PM
I have won about 10 matches, and have received a lot of useless cards. I unlocked about 80, yet most are useless fusion monsters. I NEED A DAMN TUNER MONSTER!!!!!! I only have red archefiend, but I cannot get a tuner to save my life. Plus, I think my sp is bugged; I beat it yesterday, and I fought hunter pace, sayer(this guy is unbelievably hard to beat for me), and Jack(surprisingly simple) in the finals. I played again today....and I faced them EXACTLY again in the same order (stuck on sayer). I dont know if this is bad luck, but it is pissing me off. If I could at least get some tuner monsters and scynchro monsters, then I could build a deck, but I am getting NOTHING!! Any advice?
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
#2pikapika212Posted 2/24/2013 7:52:51 PM
Its completely random and like 70% of yugioh cards are like crap or so
---
PSN pikapika212 /Guilty Gear - Baiken, A.B.A, Zappa, Dizzy, Anji, Sol, Ky
Blazblue - Rachel Alucard, Hakumen, Platinum/ Persona - Labyrs
#3Ragnoraok(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 9:15:13 PM
I literally cannot progress. I am facing Jack right now, and he is usually easy, but the game keeps screwing me over. The game has a built in "screw you" system. I swear, every time I find the perfect counter to a move, the A.I. finds the perfect counter for that. On top of that, the game randomly messes up. I used this monster card which lets you tribute summon itself to steal all of your opponent's lvl 3 monster or below. My opponent only had 2 lvl 3 monsters, and the game let me tribute my own.....but then once it got to the graveyard, it said the effect was negated. that made no sense since the monsters themselves had NO negation effects, and the only other active card on the field was Jack's ridiculous card which lets you special summon the 5 headed dragon after 2 turns (REALLY BALANCED). I immediately left, because it was utter bull and SHOULD have worked,
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
#4CitizenCraigPosted 2/25/2013 11:03:42 AM
To avoid any further frustration with getting cards in this game, I strongly suggest you purchase DLC from the PSN store. If you want to save money, only purchase the following card packs: Card Pack 07, Card Pack 02, Card Pack 01, and Card Pack 03.

For $8, make a deck with the best cards from those packs and you will probably never lose to the computer unless they get really lucky.
---
For PS3 trophy stats, submit your PSN to:
psnprofiles.com psntrophyleaders.com
#5Ragnoraok(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 8:32:33 PM(edited)
I GOT A TUNER!! A lvl 1 spellcaster monster that allows me to gain 1000 life if I use it to summon a light synchro monster. Finally, its better than nothing after getting 200+ cards.
---
#6Safer_777Posted 2/26/2013 5:32:01 AM
Most cards in Yugioh suck unfortunately.But they put them in the game...
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#7TakuruPosted 2/26/2013 4:37:41 PM
I highly recommend dropping the 2 dollars or whatever for one of the card packs. This game is unplayable otherwise at the start.
---
http://offcolortv.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ng-1b.gif http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/dean-rave.gif
#8TigerMan09Posted 2/26/2013 5:36:05 PM
I have over 500 cards and very few tuner ones, they are probably the least common cards to get atleast for me.
#9Ragnoraok(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 9:28:15 PM
Safer_777 posted...
Most cards in Yugioh suck unfortunately.But they put them in the game...

LOL, what a coincidence that this game employs a random generator as well to ensure that those cards continue to pop up. I SMELL A SCAM!!!!
---