DLC only cards

#11Dan_Dan_91_07Posted 4/21/2013 4:22:27 PM
t_EphY posted...
If you're saying that everything in a DLC pack is DLC-only, that's already in the card list FAQ.

Huh? I gathered the complete opposite from this and people also saying this whenever the subject is brought up on the board:

"Q: Does the DLC introduce new cards, or can the cards be unlocked regularly?

A: Right now, none of the DLC includes cards that can't be earned regularly."

...and I can't find your guide saying anywhere that DLC cards are DLC only anyway.

Erm, maybe it's an issue with the modded save and it's not actually the case. Everyone who said DLC cards could be obtained without DLC with enough patience didn't just assume this surely. o.o"
#12Enkimaru(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 5:12:31 PM
Dan_Dan_91_07 posted...
t_EphY posted...
If you're saying that everything in a DLC pack is DLC-only, that's already in the card list FAQ.

Huh? I gathered the complete opposite from this and people also saying this whenever the subject is brought up on the board:

...and I can't find your guide saying anywhere that DLC cards are DLC only anyway.

Erm, maybe it's an issue with the modded save and it's not actually the case. Everyone who said DLC cards could be obtained without DLC with enough patience didn't just assume this surely. o.o"

Maybe this is right for the XBOX360 version, but I don't know for the PS3 version.
I just checked each of my 1317 cards from my previous save (excluding the ones from the Starter Deck and Pack 2 which is free right now) and none of it are from DLC packs.
If you add the multiples from each card that I got, I should had at least get 1 card from the DLC list if it's possible to get one.
#13t_EphYPosted 4/21/2013 6:23:16 PM(edited)
Dan_Dan_91_07 posted...

The FAQ is based on the 360 version, and that has no DLC-only cards. Two different PS3 users have gone and modded their save file then come to the board and said that there are DLC-only cards in the PS3 version. This is the first time I've ever heard of the PS3 version of a Japanese game getting the shaft, but that seems to be happening.

EDIT: Oh, I completely misunderstood what you were saying. That first post was written very poorly, I meant that the card list FAQ already has a list of all the DLC, so that list doesn't need to be compiled again.
---
GT - EphY
#14Dan_Dan_91_07Posted 4/21/2013 8:08:03 PM
t_EphY posted...
The FAQ is based on the 360 version, and that has no DLC-only cards. Two different PS3 users have gone and modded their save file then come to the board and said that there are DLC-only cards in the PS3 version. This is the first time I've ever heard of the PS3 version of a Japanese game getting the shaft, but that seems to be happening.

EDIT: Oh, I completely misunderstood what you were saying. That first post was written very poorly, I meant that the card list FAQ already has a list of all the DLC, so that list doesn't need to be compiled again.

Oh you had me wondering what you meant. Well idk what to think. I'm not an expert but maybe the way in which the save file has been modded could be the cause of the errors? ...and the 'drop rate' for the DLC cards may just be much lower than the others. I have 1.5k and haven't got any but again, I think the sample size might be too low still.

Anyone who has/hasn't seen DLC cards drop without DLC post your data as well please - let's start gathering numbers.
#15Hellraiser555Posted 4/22/2013 8:42:43 AM
So, you're saying that I have to buy a card pack in order to get a BEWD? That's rather upsetting news...

Which pack do I need to buy then?
---
Give them nothing, but take from them; everything!
PSN: Hellraiser555
#16Enkimaru(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 11:20:20 AM
Dan_Dan_91_07 posted...

Oh you had me wondering what you meant. Well idk what to think. I'm not an expert but maybe the way in which the save file has been modded could be the cause of the errors? ...and the 'drop rate' for the DLC cards may just be much lower than the others. I have 1.5k and haven't got any but again, I think the sample size might be too low still.

Anyone who has/hasn't seen DLC cards drop without DLC post your data as well please - let's start gathering numbers.

Well that's the problem. We have 1/3 of the cards and DLC ones are like 1/6 of the total.
In my opinion if it had a chance to drop we should have dropped at least one DLC card.
#17ADA_WQNGPosted 4/23/2013 3:52:21 AM
Im just gonna copy and paste my post from my thread:
You wont be able to get the DLC cards without buying them, which are 683 in total, if you have the PS3 version, or the re-released XBOX 360 version.
The only way to get DLC only cards, is by having the old XBOX 360 version. If that is the case, you can download the update and get all the DLC cards by playing single player.
If you have the PS3, or the new XBOX 360 version, you can unlock more copies of a DLC card in single player, after you bought them.
I hope this clears up the confusion, about why it is so hard, to get good new cards.
#18turtle225Posted 4/23/2013 9:30:48 AM
Well that's really lame...

So everything, aside from the starter decks, is only obtainable though dlc? Or are the starter decks also dlc only?
---
,=,e
#19Dabrikishaw15Posted 4/27/2013 11:34:15 AM
Well that's really lame...

So everything, aside from the starter decks, is only obtainable though dlc? Or are the starter decks also dlc only?

How many starter decks are DLC only?
---
Fact: All fanbases are unpleaseable, deal with it.
http://i.imgur.com/KyeJtwR.gif
#20kaminarikidPosted 5/5/2013 10:40:41 AM
t_EphY posted...
The more time I spend on this board, the more I feel like the only reason to buy the PS3 version of Decade Duels Plus is if the PS3 is the only game system you own.

This guy gets it.
---
PSN: Kaminari_Kid
Not changing this signature until Kofi Kingston wins a world title. Started 12/12/12