How the Wii U Gamepad should work for this game

#1UberPyro64Posted 1/31/2013 11:14:46 AM
The gamepad itself I fee should be used for items selection. So instead of only choosing 3 items to be on your hud, the gamepad lets you choose any item at will with no need to pause anymore.

You can still press start to pause obviously but it will only show the quest items you have attained. like the pearls, WW songs, Triforce and sword/sheid you have.

Now lets talk about the telescope and photobox.

I feel that motion would be the best way to go about it. Once selecting one of the items on the select screen on your controller, it will tell you to point your gamepad toward the screen. After you do so, the tv screen will show link in third person using the telescope/camera while the gamepad screen shows what he is looking at. You now move the controller around to get to the area where you wish to see.

To zoom in/out you would use a side bar on the touch screen and simply move your finger up or down to zoom in or zoom out. And finally to snap the picture, you can use the right bumper since it's in a similar area to where an actual camera has theirs.

This frees up the anolog sticks so you can now move around while taking a picture so if you are trying to take a picture of a moblin for instance and he's charging you, you can now backup so he can't hit you. As well as use the second analog stick to move the screen camera around so you know where you are going.

Now we get to the the Tingle Turner. The item itself was always meant to help get a second player involved so obviously the player on the gamepad can't do it too. So I figured why not connect a 3DS to the Wii U?

If we can do this then the player using the Tingle Turner can use the touch screen to help the player much like they could with the GBA. The top screen is used for the map which the player can control using the slide pad to aim where you want the item such as a bomb to be deployed to help or harm the player.

And that's about it. What do you guys think? Are these good ideas?
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://imageshack.us/a/img543/3938/potentialsmashreps3rost.png
#2GameBeatenPosted 1/31/2013 1:37:37 PM
I'm sure they can find a way to include Tingle Tuner function with the game pad too.
---
http://epicvideogamers.com/
I've been waiting for Nintendo to reveal a handheld with the 3DS's graphics since 2003.
#3druskiePosted 1/31/2013 1:40:14 PM
not possible. they said that the entire game could be played on the gamepad screen alone. i also think that requiring a 3ds would be a slap in the face to those that want the tingle tuner, but dislike portable gaming, and those individuals would feel left out. as for motion controlled aiming, keep it out. aiming with the thumbsticks was fine then, and will be fine now.
---
the offical "tott" of the wind waker hd board
#4pokemega32Posted 1/31/2013 1:54:06 PM
druskie posted...
i also think that requiring a 3ds would be a slap in the face to those that want the tingle tuner, but dislike portable gaming, and those individuals would feel left out.

So, it'd be no different than the original release?
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#5UberPyro64(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 2:05:22 PM
pokemega32 posted...
druskie posted...
i also think that requiring a 3ds would be a slap in the face to those that want the tingle tuner, but dislike portable gaming, and those individuals would feel left out.

This. It isn't an item requirement for the game so it's okay to be optional.
---
#6NeoSupersmashPosted 2/2/2013 12:24:09 AM
druskie posted...

Exactly. I mean it's not like in the original game you had to go get a GameBoy and a link cable to use the Tingle Tuner.

OWAIT
---
http://strips.bitstrips.com/n/63FL1_V43V.png
#7Lethal13Posted 2/2/2013 1:35:37 AM
I like these ideas but I say make it an option to turn of or on at will. The motion-ness and using the gamepad in that way.

Not that i'm against motion controls I loved Skyward Sword and i liked the idea of wii in general but it'll stop complaints from others if there's an option to just use thumbsticks

That being said taking photos using the wii gamepad sounds pretty cool :D

they have got to also increase the storage ability of the pictobox as well by at least triple.
#8UberPyro64(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 4:50:59 PM
Bump.
---
#9pokemonfreak97Posted 2/6/2013 12:26:25 PM
druskie posted...
not possible. they said that the entire game could be played on the gamepad screen alone. i also think that requiring a 3ds would be a slap in the face to those that want the tingle tuner, but dislike portable gaming, and those individuals would feel left out. as for motion controlled aiming, keep it out. aiming with the thumbsticks was fine then, and will be fine now.

Yeah, requiring a handheld is totally a slap in the face relative to... requiring a handheld and link cable. Also, I support touch-screen aiming over motion control if we're playing with a GamePad.
---
Which is more mature: playing a game where you can shoot people or seeing those games and deciding not to play them?
Yes, I formerly had a Pokemon Gen VI sig.
#10CakeOfLiesPosted 2/6/2013 3:45:42 PM
UberPyro64 posted...
pokemega32 posted...
druskie posted...

This. It isn't an item requirement for the game so it's okay to be optional.

I'm sure the Wii U is able to connect to the normal DS. Why not do that?
(I don't own a Wii U or 3DS)
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg