Do I have to bid on/win crappy auctions to get swift sail?

#1WF29Posted 9/24/2013 6:40:59 PM
Thanks in advance.
#2megamachopopPosted 9/24/2013 6:52:07 PM
No. If you have the Song of Passing just keep skipping days until it appears.
#3pokemonfreak97Posted 9/24/2013 6:57:08 PM
Just press B when the auction starts, then walk back in. That's how you can get it to spawn. Just let the bar passively fill up until he says there's 10 seconds left (he says something then; I don't remember what, but I'm sure someone does), then mash the A button; bid what the current price is plus 10 percent (round up, just to be safe) and you'll stun them for the rest of the auction.
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
#4spanky1Posted 9/24/2013 7:28:02 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Just press B when the auction starts, then walk back in. That's how you can get it to spawn. Just let the bar passively fill up until he says there's 10 seconds left (he says something then; I don't remember what, but I'm sure someone does), then mash the A button; bid what the current price is plus 10 percent (round up, just to be safe) and you'll stun them for the rest of the auction.

I think it actually ends up being more economical to fill up the bar as fast as possible, and bid high enough to shock everyone else as soon as you can, then do it again once they recover. When you let them all bid, sometimes they can really combo the price up really high all at once.
---
im just a sloth
slothin around
#5Dark_LawlPosted 9/24/2013 7:31:19 PM
spanky1 posted...
pokemonfreak97 posted...

I think it actually ends up being more economical to fill up the bar as fast as possible, and bid high enough to shock everyone else as soon as you can, then do it again once they recover. When you let them all bid, sometimes they can really combo the price up really high all at once.

I always let them bid it out until towards the end..no wonder I keep spending so much.
---
Gaming is going to die again.
#6LinksTriforcePosted 9/24/2013 7:57:47 PM
how long do they stay stunned? so far as i can see they only get stunned when you bid 50 more than the current bid.
---
OBJECTION!
#7LightHawKnightPosted 9/24/2013 7:59:02 PM
LinksTriforce posted...
how long do they stay stunned? so far as i can see they only get stunned when you bid 50 more than the current bid.

To stun them, you need to bid higher than 15% of the current bid.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#8NikraPosted 9/25/2013 12:52:13 AM(edited)
It's actually 20 rupies over the highest bid. With under 5 seconds left.
#9hellzyaaahhhhhhPosted 9/25/2013 1:29:36 AM
spanky1 posted...
pokemonfreak97 posted...

tested the auction like 30 times

waiting till last 10sec lowest price i managed to get it was 175rupees

shocking (min 3 times) lowest price tends to be 190~200 rupees
---
owns all game systems... equal feelings about all of them...
its the games i tend to take favor to o.O
#10CelebityPosted 9/25/2013 4:35:44 AM
They get stunned for 10 seconds, and you only have to bid 10% or higher of the current bid to stun them.
---
Nintendo Network: Damon07
Playing: Oracle of Seasons, Pikmin 2, S&P:SS