Zelda: Wind Waker HD changes list

#21MetalKirbyPlushPosted 10/5/2013 5:18:19 PMmessage detail
The button actions on carried weapons has been reversed (A for Swing, B for Throw)... for some reason. Not really sure why they did this when it makes sense for the swing action to be consistent with the sword's. Nothing time won't help you adjust to but it's still odd.
---
Samus ruined Metroid forever. She keeps killing them. ~CTsChoco
#22Blue DonkeykongPosted 10/5/2013 7:01:45 PMmessage detail(edited)
Drifting with the boat (no sail) is significantly faster.

Very minor: you can no longer sail if an NPC is within talking range, because the sail button is replaced by talk.

An icon shows where Link will land when using the Deku Leaf.

The forest firefly can be taken to Lenzo for a Joy Pendant reward.

The Octorok figurine has the text "Winner of the Perfect Attendance Award" replaced with "Series: Exemplary Enemy" due to its lack of an appearance in Twilight Princess.

Detail on the figures in the Nintendo Gallery is greatly increased.

Flying enemies no longer have metal bars in their figurines; they simply float. (I believe there were metal bars before; or was that just in The Minish Cap?)

Knuckle figurine is no longer absolutely, permanently missable.

The game doesn't fully cancel you out of the zoomed in map after having it painted by Fishman (this is a pain).

You have to manually cycle through wind directions in a clockwise or counterclockwise fashion beginning at North rather than simply pressing the control stick in the direction you want. (Why this has been changed for the worse is beyond mortal comprehension.)

The camera now rotates while selecting wind direction to show the direction in which the wind will blow.

A cutscene (I believe it's new) shows you the Nintendo Gallery when you exit the Forest Haven from a certain spot.

Link can now take "selfies" with the picto box. When doing this, he can't zoom in, but he can change the expression on his face using the control stick/buttons.
#23MetalKirbyPlushPosted 10/5/2013 7:59:04 PMmessage detail
While text speed is increased, you can't seem to speed up new boxes of text anymore, a really weird change. It made flying through purchases with Beetle's really easy and it's very noticeable how much slower that bit is.
---
Samus ruined Metroid forever. She keeps killing them. ~CTsChoco
#24GodofLaziness(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 8:51:27 PMmessage detail
Blue Donkeykong posted...
A cutscene (I believe it's new) shows you the Nintendo Gallery when you exit the Forest Haven from a certain spot.

Nah I'm pretty sure that cutscene has always been there. The rest of your post is pretty spot on though, great job.

I think 1 other detail that haven't been mentioned yet is when you're sailing and you get close to land, your ship will slow down dramatically despite the fact that your sail is still up. This is new.
---
Official Guardian Knight Slacker of Safe Haven.
Light blinds us and forces us to stumble about in ignorance - Altair
#25CubeTVPosted 10/5/2013 8:55:53 PMmessage detail
The cursor sound effect when moving around in your items/map menu can now be heard when moving from island to island to let you know you're at a new island.
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#26ColebyPosted 10/6/2013 12:30:37 AMmessage detail
In the GCN version, did All-Purpose Bait always come in bulk? I noticed when purchasing some it was 30 Rupees rather than what I thought was 10, and there were 3 portions. Was it always like this? I could've sworn it was 10 Rupees = 1 portion.
---
ERROR 404
File Not Found
#27EmeraldroxPosted 10/6/2013 6:24:26 AMmessage detail
Coleby posted...
In the GCN version, did All-Purpose Bait always come in bulk? I noticed when purchasing some it was 30 Rupees rather than what I thought was 10, and there were 3 portions. Was it always like this? I could've sworn it was 10 Rupees = 1 portion.

It was always 3.
---
White 2 - 1335-5542-8288 White - 0347-5170-7984
3DS: 4854-6563-5216
#28GodofLaziness(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 9:51:01 AMmessage detail
Coleby posted...

Always have been 3 but I think the price used to be 10, not entirely sure.
---
Official Guardian Knight Slacker of Safe Haven.
Light blinds us and forces us to stumble about in ignorance - Altair
#29logic_use_itPosted 10/6/2013 9:52:18 AMmessage detail
It used to be ten rupees for 3 portions.
---
A mathematician is simply a device for turning coffee into theorems.
#30benoit489Posted 10/6/2013 11:19:13 AMmessage detail
GodofLaziness posted...
Blue Donkeykong posted...

Nah I'm pretty sure that cutscene has always been there. The rest of your post is pretty spot on though, great job.

I think 1 other detail that haven't been mentioned yet is when you're sailing and you get close to land, your ship will slow down dramatically despite the fact that your sail is still up. This is new.

Yeah I believe this is a new edition, it also happens when you approach Beedle as well.
---
Spaceman Spiff