Forbidden Woods and the Deku Tree

#1LinktimeheroPosted 12/6/2013 5:08:39 PM
I have been trying to find information on this, but so far have nothing. In the second room of the forbidden woods there is a dead tree in the bottom of the pit, a path leading to it, and a stump. This looks like the hollow where the Deku Tree resided in Ocarina of time, and the dead tree looks almost exactly like the Deku tree. On Zelda wikis they say there are theories that the whole dungeon might be the original Deku tree, but there is definitely a tree with a face in the second room. Anyone know what I'm talking about? (I have beaten every real Zelda but Wind Waker. This is my first playthrough so I have never seen this stuff before.)
#2yzmanPosted 12/6/2013 7:46:09 PM
Interesting, but never noticed this.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#3ThatKippPosted 12/7/2013 2:06:20 PM
Could you provide a screenshot? I want to see this.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Upcd7fL.png
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#4NikraPosted 12/7/2013 3:28:03 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/nikra/07-12-2013_01_zpsa6a14fff.jpg

I don't see it: It doesn't remind me of OoT Deku Tree at all. imo
#5Linktimehero(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2013 7:42:41 PM
I know it doesn't look like the Deku tree for sure, but neither does the Wind Waker deku tree, which looks far more anthropomorphic. First off, It is most likely the deku sprout from Ocarina time, so it would look different. Second, this is wind waker. Link doesn't look the same in this art style. Why would the Deku tree. The room looks like the Deku Tree's grove. Also this tree is decaying, and the fact it is there suggests that it was once in open air. I think we should consider this.
#6Oni_TatsujinPosted 12/7/2013 8:34:18 PM
The Deku Tree in Wind Waker (on the Forest Haven side of the twin islands) is one and the same as the Deku Sprout that the Hero of Time talked to right after clearing the Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time. The Deku Sprout was mere feet from the original Deku Tree. Hmm... Maybe the Forest Haven itself is the hollowed trunk of the original Great Deku Tree!? The walls of the hollow island are made of a gray colored wood, after all...
---
"What can the harvest hope for, if not the care of the Reaper man?" - Death
GamerTag, PSN, Steam ID, and more in my quote, if you care to see 'em.
#7Linktimehero(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2013 8:40:07 PM
It has never been confirmed that the Deku Sprout is the new Deku Tree, unless I missed something in my combing of Hyrule Historia that you picked up on. Zeldapedia has this to say:

"A Great Deku Tree, which may or may not be the Deku Tree Sprout from Ocarina of Time, appears again in The Wind Waker."

Seeing how the little Koroks are all about spreading Deku Tree seeds, I still see this as a possibility.
#8Lost_d0gePosted 12/7/2013 11:24:39 PM
I can't remember what website it was on, but I remember reading a fan theory when this game was originally released that said Forbidden Woods is the area where the Kokiri houses were in OoT and Forest Haven is the area where the Deku Tree was.

On the way to the Forbidden Woods, one of the Koroks tell Link to look out for their old houses (something like that, I can't remember for sure), and the Great Deku Tree says that his children (OoT Kokiri) evolved into these forms when Hyrule was flooded.
#9Linktimehero(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2013 1:39:23 AM
Thank you! You know, the whole dungeon feels like Déjà vu. I am starting to think that this holds water.