How high are your expectations for this game?

#11MonadAlvisPosted 12/16/2013 10:49:56 AM
Keeping my expectations and hype low.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Wtzjg.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/Gjc1M.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MfpFa.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/ql0Ai.jpg
#12Indy83Posted 12/16/2013 11:35:03 AM
For People getting turned off by Xenoblades Sidequests... Theres something very important you need to consider...

You were never meant to try to do all of them. You were really never meant to try and do half of them really. The reason the ewere so many sidequests was to make sure the player didnt get level screwed, or town affinity screwed.

You were supposed to load up on nondescript sidequests (typically, the ones given out by npc's with no names, as named npc's typically all had sidequests that lead to further story development, character development (literally lol) finding hidden areas, and secret treasure chests.... ANd you were supposed to just play the game naturally and let those quests complete themselves and not worry about the ones that didnt. That way, even IF players didnt explore everysquare inch of town, and find every npc, and battle every monster they came across, they would generally have enough levels to avoid extreme grinding, and enough affinity to continue choosing quests they wanted/were interested in.

I can only imagine purposefully, systematically completing every kill this collect those quests, one after the other, in Xenoblade would be enough to drive just about anyone nuts.
#13True_FanPosted 12/16/2013 4:15:24 PM
Indy83 posted...
For People getting turned off by Xenoblades Sidequests... Theres something very important you need to consider...

You were never meant to try to do all of them. You were really never meant to try and do half of them really. The reason the ewere so many sidequests was to make sure the player didnt get level screwed, or town affinity screwed.

You were supposed to load up on nondescript sidequests (typically, the ones given out by npc's with no names, as named npc's typically all had sidequests that lead to further story development, character development (literally lol) finding hidden areas, and secret treasure chests.... ANd you were supposed to just play the game naturally and let those quests complete themselves and not worry about the ones that didnt. That way, even IF players didnt explore everysquare inch of town, and find every npc, and battle every monster they came across, they would generally have enough levels to avoid extreme grinding, and enough affinity to continue choosing quests they wanted/were interested in.

I can only imagine purposefully, systematically completing every kill this collect those quests, one after the other, in Xenoblade would be enough to drive just about anyone nuts.

BS. Because 4th and 5th skill trees.
---
Pokwang
#14Ness0123456789Posted 12/20/2013 5:33:59 PM
It used to be that hearing of a new Xeno game would make me excited and giddy as all get out.

After Xenoblade, however, I have almost no expectations for this game what so ever. The only thing that would sell me on it is if it does indeed have an online mulitplayer component, and very little storyline exposition outside of what's needed to give reason to the world.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#15bluesplus1Posted 12/21/2013 7:29:16 PM
I have absolutely no expectations for this game. This way, I can look at it more objectively and enjoy the game for what it is, not what I'd want it to be.
---
"If you complain about the existence of entertainment that you don't have to consume, you're probably an ass****." - Andrew Eisen
#16CaptainRandom1Posted 12/22/2013 11:42:19 PM
Ness0123456789 posted...
It used to be that hearing of a new Xeno game would make me excited and giddy as all get out.

After Xenoblade, however, I have almost no expectations for this game what so ever. The only thing that would sell me on it is if it does indeed have an online mulitplayer component, and very little storyline exposition outside of what's needed to give reason to the world.

So after a fantastic game with a story, that while not as good as its predecessors is still better than most stories being released today, has made you lose expectations for a new Xeno game?
---
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691
http://i.imgur.com/R9wiC6E.jpg
#17salsaboy11Posted 12/23/2013 12:31:13 AM
I'm honestly expecting GOAT standard here.
---
FC: 4313-0774-2020 feel free to add, just let me know.
Grass Safari: Pansage, Swadloon, Maractus
#18Lelouch71Posted 12/24/2013 8:47:46 PM
I look forward to the game. However, I know that over hyping a game tend to lead to disappointment most of the time. The only expectation I have is that it will be a good game. If it ends up surpassing that expectation then all the better.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#19WinterglaivePosted 12/25/2013 12:35:47 PM
Ness0123456789 posted...

The only thing that would sell me on it is if it does indeed have an online mulitplayer component, and very little storyline exposition outside of what's needed to give reason to the world.
Aren't you contradicting yourself?

If you really desire online and little exposition, that's literally the exact opposite of the old Xeno games you seem to be implying you enjoyed.

(Mr. Takahashi, I for one welcome your storytelling. Bring on the vast exposition and hour-long cutscenes! My doll is ready!)
#20behindthewordPosted 12/28/2013 8:51:09 PM
Like Monad I'm keeping my expectations low key. Oh, part of me feels just like Winterglaive, but then I think: what if it isn't that awesome, what if the balance it could and should have is thrown to the winds and Mechs feel like a chore or a bore? I'd rather come into it with mid-low level and find a 1000carat diamond stuck in a 50ton solid chunk of gold, than dream of a shiny in another shiny only to find it's glass fused to pyrite.

True_Fan posted...
Indy83 posted...

BS. Because 4th and 5th skill trees AND because those willing to undergo and complete virtually every sidequest, the manbearpigs, trap doors, screaming and hair pulling will end as Zen sets in, and the game is viewed in a whole new light. One can only say: enlightenment is a long and hard road, but well worth the trials and tribulations for those willing to preserver.

Completed! You forgot the other half of the answer.
---
FAQ status - DW3 GBC (80%), DQ4 DS (2%), DQ5 DS (20%), DQ6 DS (95%), DQ7 3DS (5%), FF4 DS (40%)