This game is being forgotten. :/

#1bbkkristianPosted 12/19/2013 11:12:20 PM(edited)
It's saddening. :( this made the show for me when it was announced in the Nintendo Direct a year ago and the trailer in e3. Now when I hear critics of the most recent Nintendo direct (like IGN and Gamespot's recent video reactions), they will talk about Bayonetta 2 (for a brief moment) but neglect to mention this, which doesn't even have a title. I guess it really is a niche title.
---
3DS FC: 2552-0940-6228. PSN: bbkkristian
Dissidia 012 Mains: Onion Knight, Lightning, Squall
#2skypunchPosted 12/20/2013 12:03:09 AM
Yeah, it sucks. I haven't been following Nintendo news recently because of the lack of info on X. Can't they just trickle out a bit of info? Is it really too much to ask for? It just seems like nobody's even excited about the game anymore, and it's been forgotten about. Nintendo are being way too secretive in my opinion, to the point where it's not even exciting, it's just disappointing and boring.

X is the only Nintendo game I care about, I couldn't care less about Smash, DK, Kart or Bayo2, and it sucks to see all of those titles get their fair share of info (even if it's just a new screenshot or a crappy quality off-screen gameplay video) while X gets thrown in the loft and locked away :(

For example, when I log into Twitter I read things like "New costumes announced for blah blah", or "check out these new screens from F***ing Donkey Kong" or "We've got a special surprise for you Zelda LBW fans" etc, etc. Instead, how about something like "Take a peek at some new footage from Monolithsoft's X" or "For all you Xeno fans..." or perhaps "New Monolithsoft's X HD screens" or "Looking forward to X? Take our quick quiz and one of you lucky winners could be taking home a real life-size mech signed by Tetsuya Takahashi himself!"

But no, it's always friggin' Mario or Zelda or Pokemon. *sigh*

#depressed
#3SocranPosted 12/20/2013 2:07:45 AM(edited)
I'm afraid to ask, but what exactly were this IGN and Gamespot video talking about? I'd check myself, but I'm afraid of going anywhere that Wii U discussions and Youtube intersect, especially where IGN and Gamespot are concerned.

I mean, of course those guys are gonna mention Bayonetta, as it's the closest exclusive on the Wii U to one of their precious "mainstream" game styles, while still not quite being mainstream enough to qualify. Ultimately, though, that game's got less coverage than this one. Nintendo prefers to talk more about games that are closer to release, as evidenced by the fact that even The Wonderful 101 got a barrage of trailers in the months before release. Once DKC and Mario Kart are released, we'll see a lot more focus on this and Bayonetta, I can assure you.

In fact, you may have noticed that Nintendo's shown a lot of new games very shortly before they were released, including major titles like A Link Between Worlds being known for less than a year. The fact that they were willing to announce this game so early, followed shortly by an impressive E3 trailer, means that they do consider this a big deal. But just as Super Mario 3D world wasn't "really" revealed until five months before its release, they're waiting until the right time to "really" reveal this one.

As for the gaming media, well, they can ***** **** *** ****** *********. Of course they're going to ignore this game.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#4Breastmilkn_DipPosted 12/20/2013 2:04:26 AM
bbkkristian posted...
This game is being forgotten. :/

What game?
#5Indy83Posted 12/21/2013 12:20:45 AM
Yup. Nintendos trying their hardest to make sure its forgotten too.
#6Tzuba12Posted 12/21/2013 3:59:58 AM
It's not being forgotten. It's just not ready yet. They'll give it the attention it needs when it's READY. No point in releasing a bunch of info about a game that isn't close to release yet. I bet we'll get more info at e3. Until then, be patient.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
NNID: Tzuba12
#7ScaldedBeaverPosted 12/21/2013 5:37:45 AM
Just let Monolith work on the game. Showing off flashy trailers just take unnecessary time and manpower. Though, I would like a small update on the game (maybe even an official title!)
#8MonadAlvisPosted 12/21/2013 7:41:04 PM
We'll get there when we get there! Now leave Takahashi alone, so he can keep his focus on the road.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Wtzjg.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/Gjc1M.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MfpFa.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/ql0Ai.jpg
#9cyl26Posted 12/21/2013 10:20:45 PM
Maybe they're delaying it for the next Nintendo Console! Seeing how the Wii U is failing :/
#10Tzuba12Posted 12/21/2013 11:06:38 PM
cyl26 posted...
Maybe they're delaying it for the next Nintendo Console! Seeing how the Wii U is failing :/

*sigh* don't be ridiculous.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
NNID: Tzuba12