This game is being forgotten. :/

#11cyl26Posted 12/24/2013 12:03:17 AM
Tzuba12 posted...
cyl26 posted...
Maybe they're delaying it for the next Nintendo Console! Seeing how the Wii U is failing :/

*sigh* don't be ridiculous.

Is it though? I recall the days when Nintendo took 10 years to localise a game for Europe. I wouldn't put it past them to make this their launch title for their new console or a WiiU re-design.
#12Tzuba12Posted 12/24/2013 1:34:16 AM(edited)
cyl26 posted...
Tzuba12 posted...
cyl26 posted...
Maybe they're delaying it for the next Nintendo Console! Seeing how the Wii U is failing :/

*sigh* don't be ridiculous.

Is it though? I recall the days when Nintendo took 10 years to localise a game for Europe. I wouldn't put it past them to make this their launch title for their new console or a WiiU re-design.

*sigh* Okay, I want you to think for a sec...
1. When has Nintendo EVER abandoned a home console because it wasn't doing well?
2. How would it make sense to NOT release a game for a console that needs some great games, and instead gamble on another console that won't come out for 5 or 6 more years?
3. The game is already far into development and just because we don't get a trailer every single month, doesn't mean the game is forgotten.

Its barely been a year into the WiiU's life, and you're talking about another console? Nintendo is not gonna abandon the WiiU. They aren't Sega. And hold off the game until a WiiU redesign? What sense would that make? In case you don't know, redesigns still play all the same games as the original model... it would still be a WiiU in every way but maybe design and storage space. Would not make the tiniest bit of sense to delay a game for a redesign of a console. Ever.

Yes, your scenario is ridiculous. You're jumping to conclusions.
The game is gonna take time to make. It's a giant open world RPG. They take time.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059/ nnid: Tzuba12
Steam: Tzuba
#13SmackpwnPosted 12/27/2013 1:23:40 AM
WHen are people gonna get it, a game being talked about alot is BAD, i want this game to not be mainstream and turn into another terrible FF13/Lightningreturns game, if this game can slip under the radar and still sell well to dedicated fans then it will be the best thing that can happen to this game, when was the last time being mainstream was ever good for anything besides lining publishers pockets?
#14SocranPosted 12/27/2013 8:10:37 AM(edited)
Smackpwn posted...
WHen are people gonna get it, a game being talked about alot is BAD, i want this game to not be mainstream and turn into another terrible FF13/Lightningreturns game, if this game can slip under the radar and still sell well to dedicated fans then it will be the best thing that can happen to this game, when was the last time being mainstream was ever good for anything besides lining publishers pockets?

It's getting to the point that it's not about "lining publisher's pockets" anymore, but "breaking even". With the current state of gaming being what it is, budgets are being forced higher than ever. Even the "smaller" games are still being forced upwards, and they need to sell more units to make the same amount of money. And unfortunately, as the biggest games are forced more and more into people's faces, the rest simply aren't selling as much as they used to. The "middle ground", where good games are made on reasonable budgets, is becoming a dead zone that almost guarantees failure. Put simply, the kind of game that requires a million sales is more likely to get five million, while the kind that requires 250,000 is likely to get 50,000. And, frankly, this looks like it's not a small game.

The problem isn't that being popular turns something into the mainstream. The problem is that people aren't supporting things outside the mainstream enough, so they're being forced to change in order to attract that audience. If more people talked about this game, to each other, not just waiting for some barrage of trailers (which actually do hinder game development), then it would be more likely to be worth the money spent making it, and wouldn't have to change.

Of course, as I mentioned before, the gaming media is to blame for a lot of this as well. (At least the "it's not popular unless it's already mainstream" part.)
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#15HeyKaetsuPosted 12/28/2013 2:20:20 PM
The game was first announced in a January Nintendo Direct in 2013. They will probably show more of it during the Nintendo Direct in January 2014 since it will be the 1 year anniversary of it's announcement.
#16moogle69Posted 12/29/2013 1:00:59 PM
the january direct should reveal the name atleast, but right now im super duper hyped for MK8/SSBU, but thats also because they are super close to release.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSN ID: snoteat01 NN ID: snoteat01
FFXV, KH3, MONOLITH X, MK8, SSBU, LOZ:U, Bravely Second
#17Spoiled_ClichePosted 12/29/2013 5:38:04 PM
I don't mind Monolith taking its time to make the game. It's better to wait a little more buying a rushed product. However, there's no excuse for this game to not even have a name yet.
#18LloydIrving_TSPosted 12/29/2013 8:27:32 PM
They should at least show the characters...
---
I am Lloyd Irving
There's the peace when you're at war. Heads or tails, you and i
#19ScaldedBeaverPosted 12/30/2013 11:05:33 AM
Spoiled_Cliche posted...
I don't mind Monolith taking its time to make the game. It's better to wait a little more buying a rushed product. However, there's no excuse for this game to not even have a name yet.

Smash Bros also doesn't have a name and it will probably release before this. Relax, the game is still almost a year from release (perhaps even more if it gets delayed, which is not that unlikely).
#20Tzuba12Posted 12/30/2013 3:22:57 PM
ScaldedBeaver posted...
Spoiled_Cliche posted...

Smash Bros also doesn't have a name and it will probably release before this. Relax, the game is still almost a year from release (perhaps even more if it gets delayed, which is not that unlikely).

Its name is in fact, smash Bros for wiiu/3ds.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059/NNID: Tzuba12
Steam:Tzuba