What could Doll stand for?

#1MagiusNecrosPosted 12/24/2013 7:17:16 AM
Is it merely a term for the machines or is it rather a acronym and is designated as D.O.L.L.?
---
Reggie Fils-Aime - PLAY. THE. GAME.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#2SocranPosted 12/24/2013 7:30:13 AM
Most likely just a term for the machine, like Gear. It might be short for a longer term, like Mechanical Doll or something, but it's not likely to be D.O.L.L.

Especially since one of the trailers lists Inferno 01 as "Mass-Produced Doll" in Japanese, with "Doll" being in katakana ("doru") instead of "DOLL".
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#3Breastmilkn_DipPosted 12/25/2013 2:03:54 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Breastmilkn_DipPosted 12/27/2013 2:01:23 PM
Deunan Often Looks Lovely.
#5ChilosanPosted 12/27/2013 9:14:34 PM
Dominion Over Life's Legacy
Distribution Of Lost Limbs

A couple of random ideas that just came to me...
---
Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.
Official Huang Long of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#6AxtlarPosted 12/28/2013 1:11:35 PM(edited)
It probably won't stand for anything, since "Gears" from Xenogears didn't mean anything... although Xenosaga makes it a possibility.

A doll and a robot share similarities, so I could see it just being the general name for mecha's in the game.

---
3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572 PM if added.
#7HeyKaetsuPosted 12/28/2013 2:14:59 PM
Socran posted...
Most likely just a term for the machine, like Gear. It might be short for a longer term, like Mechanical Doll or something, but it's not likely to be D.O.L.L.

Especially since one of the trailers lists Inferno 01 as "Mass-Produced Doll" in Japanese, with "Doll" being in katakana ("doru") instead of "DOLL".

Maybe they might call this game Xenodolls.
#8ChilosanPosted 12/28/2013 9:57:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9ChilosanPosted 12/29/2013 1:46:17 AM
Axtlar posted...
It probably won't stand for anything, since "Gears" from Xenogears didn't mean anything... although Xenosaga makes it a possibility.

A doll and a robot share similarities, so I could see it just being the general name for mecha's in the game.

Yeah, I don't really expect it to stand for anything either, but it might be fun to see what people can come up with..
---
Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.
Official Huang Long of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#10TraitorJPosted 1/2/2014 4:24:55 AM
Don't Over Lick Lollipops
Don't Overestimate Leisurely Leveling
Dom O-arigato Little Loboto
---
XBL: TRAIT0R J (it's a zero not an O)
PSN and NNID: TraitorJ