please give us NA VA's

#1cedricthegreatPosted 2/14/2014 10:20:29 PM
I know the European VA's for Xenoblade did a fine job. I couldn't stand the accents for the most part. There are some very good to excellent NA VA's so I hope Nintendo of America uses them this time. No disrespect to the European VA's but I rather have NA VA's not saying every character haves to sound the same but if they all have british accents it will be hard for me to follow the characters.

Just my opinion. I watch a ton of Anime and have grown accustomed to NA VA's. I know im in the minority because most rather have the JPN VA's. I loved Xenosaga's NA VA's.
---
everyone plays video games I want to make them
#2Dustof_DryBonesPosted 2/14/2014 10:28:06 PM(edited)
Why not both? Let the players choose the accent!
---
Ahoy, matey!
#3ManoutofTime913Posted 2/14/2014 10:28:35 PM
cedricthegreat posted...
I know the European VA's for Xenoblade did a fine job. I couldn't stand the accents for the most part. There are some very good to excellent NA VA's so I hope Nintendo of America uses them this time. No disrespect to the European VA's but I rather have NA VA's not saying every character haves to sound the same but if they all have british accents it will be hard for me to follow the characters.

Just my opinion. I watch a ton of Anime and have grown accustomed to NA VA's. I know im in the minority because most rather have the JPN VA's. I loved Xenosaga's NA VA's.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but I personally loved the UK VAs on the rainfall games. I thought they brought energy and emotion that you just couldn't find in an American cast. I also hated Xenosaga's NA VAs. They grated on my ears, especially those who played Shion and the "children."
#4Numbuh100Posted 2/14/2014 10:38:46 PM
Hot British female voices > American female voices
---
Please understand.
#5TewlsyPosted 2/15/2014 12:36:36 AM
Numbuh100 posted...
Hot British female voices > American female voices

Female english accents are ear-bleeding. How anyone could stand Fiora from Xenoblade is beyond me. Especially some of her awful combat noises.

I really don't mind if they cheap out and just go with European VAs for all English versions of the game, but I'd definitely prefer American voices this time around. The only reason it wasn't an option before was because the NTSC version was literally a copy and paste job of the PAL one.
---
"FBI Special Agent Francis York Morgan. Please, call me York. That's what everyone calls me."
3DS FC 1005-8503-9553
#6nonexistingheroPosted 2/15/2014 12:51:30 AM
I want British ones returning. Love them. If they give American ones they'll uses voices I've heard a million times over. Besides that, those British accents on girls just sound so hot.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#7garomastaPosted 2/15/2014 12:53:53 AM
Probably sounds very stupid, but I can't see myself liking this game more than Xenoblade if we don't get British VA's again. There was just something very charming and unique about them.
#8MFauliPosted 2/15/2014 1:15:15 AM
English voice acting in general is terribad. Superior japanese voices it is!
---
There are videogames, and there´s The Legend of Zelda
#9Sentinel07Posted 2/15/2014 1:32:28 AM
MFauli posted...
English voice acting in general is terribad. Superior japanese voices it is!

Yeah, great. Voices you can't even understand.

Anyway, on topic, I don't mind either way, although I would probably like NA VA's this time. Then again, that's my natural accent so I'm biased.

For whoever brought up the females, I do agree somewhat. Melia's voice was well done in my opinion, though Fiora was annoying. Actually, most of Fiora's character was kind of annoying so it's probably not the actress' fault.
#10The_Undying_84Posted 2/15/2014 1:34:48 AM
I just hated the particular dialects some of them have. A lot of them sound a little too, uhhh, low class I guess. Prime example being Reyn.
---
PSN: TheUndying84