Which side do you come from?

#141bear720Posted 1/24/2013 10:24:15 AM
Both. 80% SMT 20% FE.

Beat SMT, Nocturne and most of Strange Journey. Also beat DDS1 & 2.

Only beat FEIV, but have dabbled in V and IX.
#142UmuruPosted 1/24/2013 10:26:56 AM
Both... But I am more of a casual fanof both rather than a hardcore fan of either side.
#143Jessicat_715Posted 1/24/2013 11:47:18 AM
SMT side here!

Fun fact: While I did discover both SMT and FE on the GBA at the same time, only SMT [yes, the Demikids games] caught my interest. After I killed off most of my party and they didn't come back in FE I just kinda quit XD
---
Life is like Tao Tie - it bites.
The Official Barong of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#144GhetsisPosted 1/24/2013 11:51:46 AM
Both.

Though if I had to pick, SMT. I've only beaten the GBA Fire Emblem games, and while I loved them, I haven't been able to get into any of the other ones (probably because last time I tried to play the SFC ones, their translation patches were incomplete or buggy...)

Whereas, I've beaten (and loved) SMT I, II, and Strange Journey. I'll try III somewhere down the line, but I'm terribly interested in it because it's not a first-person game.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#145Son Goku XPosted 1/24/2013 3:55:32 PM
Both

Started both way back on the NES (technically Famicom) <_<
---
"Maria which Gun*** is that?" -Klaus
#146blegit97Posted 1/24/2013 4:04:31 PM
SMT. I don't usually play tactical rpgs but I thought SMT devil survivor for the 3ds had a nice balance of tactical rpg movement, turn based fighting and monster collecting. I can't imagine playing a tactical rpg on a console when I can play something like skyrim or borderlands but I may be wrong.
#147_Matt_Engarde_Posted 1/24/2013 4:20:59 PM
I love both series, but I've probably spent more time in the worlds of SMT than I have in FE. Either way, I'm stoked to see how the two series mesh. Perhaps units/characters/demons will have the three weapons in FE's weapon triangle as attributes (such as fire, wind, almighty in SMT). This would play into the Anti-Weapons of FE and give us a Persona 3-esque system for physical fighters.
---
Official Matt Engarde of GameFAQs/Metatron of the SMTIV board.
"Hold on a sec. I'm gonna consult myself, OK?"
#148CcroybbPosted 1/24/2013 4:41:11 PM
FE. I was planning on getting DSO but now i might try to get one of the mainline SMT titles instead. I was already interested in the series, but now even more so.
#149BlueswordsXPosted 1/24/2013 4:46:10 PM
More SMT but I've beaten plenty of FE games including all three GBA ones and FE4 which is my favorite for its storyline.
---
Touhou is love. Welcome to Gensokyo!
#150finalsnoopyPosted 1/24/2013 5:24:58 PM
Both.
---
Currently playing: Ni no Kuni
Waiting for: Fire Emblem, Tales of Xillia and ProjectXZone