Can Suikoden X Fire Emblem work?

#121_21Posted 2/2/2013 6:22:11 PM
I say why not? I mean, both games have an army full of horsemen, mages, and swordsman. At least the first Suikoden does, so I don't see how this is a bad idea.
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#2Cheesepower5Posted 2/2/2013 6:42:27 PM(edited)
The Weapon Hexagon will make its debut, gone are the days of Rock, Paper, Scizzors mechanics, in with the days of Rock, Paper, Scizzors, Lizard, Spock mechanics!

Swords cut through Tonfa's defenses at close or medium range.
Tonfa cannot be easily countered by a Lance.
Lances stab Poles in the face everytime.
Poles easily disarm the slow, cumbersome Axe.
Axes wreck a Chainstaff's blade, rendering it useless.
Chainstaves ensnare Swords and leave their users at its mercy.
Tonfa out-maneuver the tricky Chainstaff.
Chainstaves slice Poles into bits.
Poles get Tonfa before they know what hit them.
Swords outspeed Axes, leaving them in circles.
Axes chop a Lance in half.
Lances outreach swords and break through any parry.
Swords fail to slice through a Pole.
Axes cannot get the first hit against a pair of Tonfa.
Lances are cut short by the Chainstaff.

I can't think of any real stand-outish weapons from Suikoden right off the bat, except the weapons of the main heroes from Suikoden I, II and V. Also, that Gypsy that used throwing knives. F*** throwing knives.
---
Official Naga Raja of the SMT IV board.
Currently playing: Catherine and Far Cry 3
#321_21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 7:21:18 PM
Throwing knives sounds awesome! I'm sad they didn't implement that in FE yet!
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#4TheMasterTurtlePosted 2/2/2013 8:38:02 PM
FE Awakening has a Throwing Sword.
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
#5DW7stillrulesPosted 2/2/2013 8:42:11 PM
Well, there was a Suikoden Tactics so...
---
PSN ID: ravenith12
#6Cheesepower5Posted 2/2/2013 9:46:36 PM
The only game where throwing knives don't suck is CoD and it's the game where they should logically suck most (except maybe against a guy with plate armour in Mount & Blade or a Knight in FE.)
---
Official Naga Raja of the SMT IV board.
Currently playing: Catherine and Far Cry 3
#721_21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 9:08:15 AM
Cheesepower5 posted...
The only game where throwing knives don't suck is CoD and it's the game where they should logically suck most (except maybe against a guy with plate armour in Mount & Blade or a Knight in FE.)

Honestly thieves would be that much better if they threw knives. Of course that would also make the game harder.

As for throwing swords, it doesn't sound as logical or awesome as throwing knives.
---
Currently playing:
#8Gaming_MasteryPosted 2/3/2013 10:53:51 AM
21_21 posted...
Cheesepower5 posted...

Honestly thieves would be that much better if they threw knives. Of course that would also make the game harder.

As for throwing swords, it doesn't sound as logical or awesome as throwing knives.

What if they work like the Heaven Sword in Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night?
---
Official Gaming_Mastery of the GameFAQs boards.
#921_21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:30:27 AM
Gaming_Mastery posted...
21_21 posted...
Cheesepower5 posted...

Heaven Sword? It's been a while since I last played SotN, so I don't quite follow.
---
Currently playing:
#10Gaming_MasteryPosted 2/3/2013 11:37:14 AM
21_21 posted...
Gaming_Mastery posted...
21_21 posted...
Cheesepower5 posted...

Heaven Sword? It's been a while since I last played SotN, so I don't quite follow.

The sword is thrown straight forward, then flips back to their hand after it strikes the enemy.
---
Official Gaming_Mastery of the GameFAQs boards.