New to Fire Emblem & Smt, questions about game.

#1GriznayfiznoxPosted 2/4/2013 9:29:06 PM
The only FE I've played is Awakening and the only games I've played in the Smt series are persona 3 & 4.

My questions :

1. Has It even been said what kind of game this is? Rpg(p3 & 4) Srpg(FE) FpRpg(p1&2) Other?
2. If I wanted to get caught up on SMT, are there any modern remakes?
3. If I have no interest in any FE characters pre awakening should I even bother?

Sorry if this has all been asked before.
---
Always trying to make myself seem stronger....
I locked my own heart in a suit of armor and cried - Erza Scarlet
#2DynamicJumpIuffPosted 2/4/2013 9:44:09 PM
1. Has It even been said what kind of game this is? Rpg(p3 & 4) Srpg(FE) FpRpg(p1&2) Other?

We're not sure yet. But it is some kind of RPG.

2. If I wanted to get caught up on SMT, are there any modern remakes?

Play Nocturne. You'll thank me later. Strange Journey is cool too. You can find 1 and 2 translated on the SNES. There's one more game, if..., but there's no translation yet. That sums up every single main title excluding NINE and Imagine.

3. If I have no interest in any FE characters pre awakening should I even bother?

Can't answer this. Sorry. :/
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#3ArmedDragoonPosted 2/4/2013 10:45:28 PM
Considering that you've played more FE (Awakening) than mainline SMT (Persona is not mainline SMT), do try and get Nocturne and Strange Journey if you want to get to know some of the characters. Shin Megami Tensei 1 and 2 can be played using an emulator and a translation. If you want to experience If..., there is a translated playthrough of the game here.

http://lparchive.org/Shin-Megami-Tensei-if/

The only FE I ever played (until I get Awakening) was FE 7 and I'm still interested in the FE half, FE characters are fun.
---
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board.
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
#4SuperShadowAcePosted 2/13/2013 9:56:58 AM
Read up SMT2's plot, then play Nocturne.
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.