convince me to give atlus a 2nd chance

#11CrisisOfFatePosted 1/31/2014 6:39:48 AM
Belmont_92 posted...
What did SMT IV have that was related to Persona? Was it because the difficulty was lower than previous entries? Or maybe the character designs? Not trying to be rude, just curious of your opinion.

Also if you don't count re-releases and spinoffs, Persona 5 will be the first real Persona game in about 5 years. That was about the same time between Strange Journey and SMT IV. Persona gets more exposure from spinoffs like Arena, now Q and Dance, but I don't think this means that Atlus is exclusively in the business of making Persona games. This game exists too, and I think the teaser was pretty clear that characters from Shin Megami Tensei will appear, not the MegaTen umbrella.

Weird, it's almost like Atlus is a company and focuses on products which have proven to be successful in the past.

I stole that quote, it's not mine but it fits.
---
Proud supporter of NO Persona in SMTxFE
#12Belmont_92Posted 1/31/2014 8:19:29 AM
CrisisOfFate posted...
Belmont_92 posted...
What did SMT IV have that was related to Persona? Was it because the difficulty was lower than previous entries? Or maybe the character designs? Not trying to be rude, just curious of your opinion.

Also if you don't count re-releases and spinoffs, Persona 5 will be the first real Persona game in about 5 years. That was about the same time between Strange Journey and SMT IV. Persona gets more exposure from spinoffs like Arena, now Q and Dance, but I don't think this means that Atlus is exclusively in the business of making Persona games. This game exists too, and I think the teaser was pretty clear that characters from Shin Megami Tensei will appear, not the MegaTen umbrella.

Weird, it's almost like Atlus is a company and focuses on products which have proven to be successful in the past.

Yeah, I understand why there has been a lot of Persona stuff lately. I just don't think it's affected Atlus' other games negatively like SilverMoonVita is claiming.
#13CrisisOfFatePosted 1/31/2014 8:30:22 AM
Belmont_92 posted...
CrisisOfFate posted...
Belmont_92 posted...

Yeah, I understand why there has been a lot of Persona stuff lately. I just don't think it's affected Atlus' other games negatively like SilverMoonVita is claiming.

I actually agreed with everything you said, the message was mostly targeted at him.
---
#14SilverMoonVita(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 12:01:23 PM
I was talking about the addition of fate system to desu2. Also this is MetalLoki, people keep telling me about atlus. I know atlus which is why I don't think I should come back.

Crap I shouldn't have come here for this, it's just going to make we want to not even bother with Atlus anymore.
#15RygonPosted 1/31/2014 12:20:55 PM
What was so different from Devil Survivor 1? You aren't going on dates or anything (as far as I've played it), you are just seeing scenes and character development for your other characters, and getting some gameplay bonuses for it. In the first game you do basically the same thing. spend a lot of time with particular characters and you'll get to know their motivations and unlock their route. Why does placing a visible stat on these encounters ruin it or make it like Persona in the least?
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#16CrisisOfFatePosted 1/31/2014 12:48:23 PM(edited)
SilverMoonVita posted...
Crap I shouldn't have come here for this, it's just going to make we want to not even bother with Atlus anymore.

If you are going to be butthurt about every little thing you shouldn't bother anyone with this crap.
We are not obligated to put up with you nor are you obligated to play those games or be a consumer of Atlus' products.
If you don't like it, too bad, that's your issue. All your posts were about you playing some sort of victim.

I don't think you ever wanted to give them a 2nd chance if the first place, either way I'm tired of this crap, do what you want.
---
#17UponADarkThornePosted 1/31/2014 1:16:47 PM
SilverMoonVita posted...
I will never play smtiv unless I find a new copy for $20 because to me it will never be worth more than that.

Why? In my opinion, its better than Nocturne.

Never going to touch a EO game since I hate lolis.

Ignore them. Or don't use them. I've made loli-free teams. Shame to miss such a great series because of that.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2680-9395-3914; NNID: MisterNoOne
Friend Safari (Dragon): Fraxure, Noibat, Sliggoo
#18Cheesepower5Posted 1/31/2014 2:18:00 PM
UponADarkThorne posted...
SilverMoonVita posted...
I will never play smtiv unless I find a new copy for $20 because to me it will never be worth more than that.

Why? In my opinion, its better than Nocturne.

Never going to touch a EO game since I hate lolis.

Ignore them. Or don't use them. I've made loli-free teams. Shame to miss such a great series because of that.

Seriously, like 90% of the characters aren't even lolis. Did he mean chibis?
---
Weak-ass apprentice, you can't see me!
I'm a W-I-Z-A-R-D!
#19RagirothPosted 2/3/2014 6:46:51 PM
Wait, the difficulty of SMTIV was LOWERED compared to previous entries?

Jesus Christ.

Though I played Nocturne and got farther in that.

And eh, I really dunno what to tell ya TC. Nocturne and Persona 4 Arena is what got me into Atlus games. I'd say give this game a chance when it eventually comes out.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#20Cheesepower5Posted 2/3/2014 9:36:43 PM
Ragiroth posted...
Wait, the difficulty of SMTIV was LOWERED compared to previous entries?

Jesus Christ.

Though I played Nocturne and got farther in that.

And eh, I really dunno what to tell ya TC. Nocturne and Persona 4 Arena is what got me into Atlus games. I'd say give this game a chance when it eventually comes out.

Well, it has a weird difficulty curve, that's for sure. If Nocturne's was a bell, IV's was a downward slope. Overall the only way they really made it easier was allowing paid respawn via Charon and letting you keep playing if the MC died.
---
Weak-ass apprentice, you can't see me!
I'm a W-I-Z-A-R-D!