Spectator (cpu vs. cpu) in Owner Mode??

#1kbb81tnPosted 8/8/2013 6:02:16 AM
So this is a question I asked a while back and the answers were only assumed at the time. Since there are more demo videos on the internet now with people playing I would like to revisit this question.

Can you spectate in Owner mode for (cpu vs. cpu) gameplay action? I've been asking the on the videos post comments but have yet to receive an answer. If so this is a definite buy for me. Can anyone confirm this please?
---
Christianity is not my religion, it's my lifestyle.
#2BobbyB3000Posted 8/8/2013 8:42:36 AM
No it has been confirmed there isn't any of it, but why watch a CPU game when you can play lol, or just sim never knew so many people had that much free time
---
Xbox- Bobby3000
PS3- Bobbyb73
#3KoRiy5000Posted 8/8/2013 9:05:54 AM
i want to know as well. i loved building a team and then having it play in the background and see how all the pieces did together. i was mad it wasnt in last years
#4kbb81tn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 9:07:38 AM
BobbyB3000 posted...
No it has been confirmed there isn't any of it, but why watch a CPU game when you can play lol, or just sim never knew so many people had that much free time

I can control the team anytime by playing other game modes. To call a mode owner mode and not have this option is an oxymoron. I get my enjoyment out of the game by performing all the offseason stuff to build what I feel is a good team and watch the fruits of my labor unfold. If I sim then I won't get a personal look at each player because stats alone do not tell the story. A player could've had a bad season for a number of reasons and I'd like to know why. And if they have a good season, I want to know why as well before I negotiate a new contract. This isn't possibly accurate with simming. If I control the players myself then I might as well sim the offseason (which would suck). There's no challenge for me otherwise.It's not about having so much time on my hands. It's no longer than playing the game myself.

If it's not you're thing then that's cool but you don't have to criticize another for wanting a feature that's been in the game for 20+ years up until last year. Anyway, thanks for the answer.
---
#5kbb81tn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 4:58:54 AM
So I read (can't remember where) that in the Madden 25 demo, even though you can't select cpu vs cpu at the team select screen, you can do so immediately after the game starts. (Pause game, team select, place controller in middle.)

Hopefully this can be done in Franchise/owner mode as well. If so, I'll probably take that.

Anyone know if that is allowable by those steps in Madden 13 franchise. That will probably answer the question.
---
#6MichganNationPosted 8/20/2013 8:45:58 AM
You people are ridiculous....Youre mad because you cant watch a fake game? Jesus, you guys like to complain.
---
GT- Gillespie28
#7usmovers_02Posted 8/20/2013 9:55:49 AM
MichganNation posted...
You people are ridiculous....Youre mad because you cant watch a fake game? Jesus, you guys like to complain.

It's a feature that was in previous games but removed for no reason. Either way... who said they were mad? Nobody. We're just asking questions.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that you can control multiple teams in owner/franchise mode. If you can do that it would only make sense that you can also spectate games in which 2 teams you control are player. Plus, if you can spectate in exhibition mode then why not franchise? It makes no sense not to be able to.

One of my favorite things to do in previous Maddens was spectate all 267 games with 15 minute quarters while doing other things around the house. Madden has always done a terrible job simulating statistics and I like to see if there is a real difference between a 70 overall and a 90. For an instance I've discover by doing this that there is no noticeable difference between pocket passers regardless of their rating but you can definitely tell who the superstar linemen are which is ironic because it's the exact opposite in real life.

I've been waiting for a Madden where player ratings have a REAL impact and I THINK last year would have been the first year where ratings have a more realistic impact but I was unable to test my theory over an extended period of time.
---
www.nohomophobes.com
#8bonewiperPosted 8/20/2013 2:34:29 PM
Would like to know this also, especially like to watch the Super Bowl and/or Pro Bowl. I'm guessing EA removed it in the franchise games because you can "cheat" and let the CPU play for you. Now, if someone can answer the freaking question....
#9usmovers_02Posted 8/21/2013 7:39:19 PM
How is letting the CPU play for you cheating? The computer sucks.
---
www.nohomophobes.com
#10BobbyB3000Posted 8/21/2013 9:28:04 PM
bonewiper posted...
Would like to know this also, especially like to watch the Super Bowl and/or Pro Bowl. I'm guessing EA removed it in the franchise games because you can "cheat" and let the CPU play for you. Now, if someone can answer the freaking question....

I already said its not on it check the first post genius
---
Xbox- Bobby3000
PS3- Bobbyb73