Question about franchise mode

#1Devilanse333Posted 8/29/2013 8:46:05 AM
Searched...found no topics on this subject.

Last year's Madden wouldn't let you create free agents and use them in your franchise mode. Something I really enjoy doing. I like to make a couple of high 90's QB and RB's and put them in free agents to see which teams pick them up, and how well they do. I also like to create myself as a mid 80's posession receiver and sign him to the Bills.

Have they omitted this feature in Madden 25 as well?
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: DevilAnse33v2
PSN: DevilAnse33
#2kissarmy132Posted 8/29/2013 8:59:01 AM
try making your own FA prior to starting franchise, then when it asks if you want the default roster pick custom and use yours
---
Clemson University, go Tigers. GT: awbak3d.
#3Devilanse333(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 1:37:21 PM
So....thats a "yes"?
---
#4Taylor8720Posted 8/29/2013 2:02:42 PM
Yes.

This years Connected Career, "Franchise Mode", allows you to import a roster for offline play. This means any trades, free agent signing, created players, etc. that you do you your roster management will be imported at the start of your connected career.

Once the Connect career starts however, you do not have that much control over the roster like you would editing it prior to starting. You are allowed to create either a player, coach, or owner for each franchise. You could have 32 in all (one for each team). In theory you could create an owner for each franchise and then customize your roster that way by making trades and signings. You can import a draft class too from NCAA 2014 but that is the only way to create player other than starting a new player for that franchise. However, if you have a player on a certain team, you can not create a coach or owner for that franchise. You can only have 1 of the 3 for each franchise.

Hopefully that helps.
#5Devilanse333(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 2:24:59 PM
It helped, a little. The bottom line.....I create player(s)....at start of season...all created players are in the free agent list...where I can sign...or the CPU can sign these players and use them? Its an instant buy if you can do this.....staying with Madden '12 if not.
---
#6insomniakillerPosted 8/29/2013 2:56:58 PM
Yes. You can. You just need to save the roster with your created player(s) as a roster file. When you start the franchise, you need to import that roster. It gives you the option when you start the franchise.
#7BigTlovesBEERPosted 8/29/2013 3:00:46 PM
Devilanse333 posted...
It helped, a little. The bottom line.....I create player(s)....at start of season...all created players are in the free agent list...where I can sign...or the CPU can sign these players and use them? Its an instant buy if you can do this.....staying with Madden '12 if not.

Insta-buy

Like previously stated all you gotta do is create them in a custom roster before you start your Connected Careers (Franchise) mode. You have FULL CONTROL over the rosters BEFORE the CC mode starts. You can edit any player, creat any player, and put them on any team you want to, including free agents.

So all you'd do is create your players, throw them on the free agents list, and start your franchise.
#8Devilanse333(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 3:01:21 PM
What you're saying is....I have to assign each player to a team, and not just have them in the free agent pool?
---
#9Devilanse333(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 3:02:56 PM
Ok....got it....picking up this game on the way home from work. Thanks for the assistance guys!
---
#10BigTlovesBEERPosted 8/29/2013 7:52:35 PM
Ya you can put them in the free agent pool