Why is the passing game so difficult to stop?

#1darkstar1080Posted 10/3/2013 4:50:01 PM
I don't think I've played a game yet ( And I've played A LOT of games ) and a QB has thrown for under 70%. And no I don't suck. I've been playing madden since 04 and this is the first year I've ever had trouble stopping the pass. I understand coverages, and packages, and matchups not in my favor so I make the viable adjustment in every situation but there just ALWAYS seems to be a man wide open. Whether he just beat the man and has like 4 steps on the closest defender or a defensive player just isn't near his zone. What should I do? I stop the rush easily. I hold most people to under 40 yds in a game. I just don't know what to do about the pass. Earlier today Matt Schaub finished 22-25 with 380 yds and 2 Td's and a pick.
---
Ten funerals since I started high school... Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride...
#2ReggieBush09Posted 10/3/2013 5:03:47 PM
You don't stop the pass with your Secondary you stop the pass with your pass rush rushing throws and hurrying the QB in this game. if you can get a decent pass rush all game you'll stop the pass also if you know the team will pass it doesn't hurt to Key on the pass with the LT and RS UP.

also if you know what the CPU will do it's easier to stop them check out what formations they are coming out and if they have a RB in the back field. that's how I stop the pass but it's easier said then done and I'm not talking about just blitzing your front four must create some sort of mush rush to make the QB uncomfortable. mix up your coverages either zone or man I use a lot of cover 1. to help if they are gonna rush the ball.
---
Reggie, you arent a troll, youre just.................you.-scythecam
#3darkstar1080(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 5:14:31 PM
That's the other thing I forgot to mention. I can never get pressure on the Qb. I'll bring 6 people and somehow 5 blockers can pick them up and give their QB as much time as he wants, I dunno. At least I average around 42 pints or so a game so I don't lose too often. Thanks for the help though
---
Ten funerals since I started high school... Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride...
#4ReggieBush09Posted 10/3/2013 5:22:35 PM
I manually pass rush by using the RS but it's hard to sometimes get a push I stopped Brees in my Franchise league but the next game I couldn't get no rush with Johnson. and Brees torched me just a tip!

but I noticed blitzing doesn't work on this game the QB always finds someone

I only play the D line and I notice when I get a good rush with my D line men manually I noticed nothing works in this game zone man or blitzing just encourages the offense to torch me this is on all pro with sliders on 75 for pass coverage on human.
---
Reggie, you arent a troll, youre just.................you.-scythecam
#5djdeejPosted 10/15/2013 1:30:57 AM
darkstar1080 posted...
That's the other thing I forgot to mention. I can never get pressure on the Qb. I'll bring 6 people and somehow 5 blockers can pick them up and give their QB as much time as he wants, I dunno. At least I average around 42 pints or so a game so I don't lose too often. Thanks for the help though

No wonder you can't keep up. You're too drunk to play defense! :P
---
But I play on PVP servers for the sole purpose of the STV levels. Damn place is like Vietnam. - Xilnold
#6ionaroc61Posted 10/15/2013 7:37:12 AM
I use the Cowboys and have been having a lot of success rushing the passer. I usually control a DT and try and collapse the pocket, and allow Ware and Spencer to get to the qb. One thing I've noticed between Madden and NCAA is that the Left End tends to get more sacks, since the qbs tend to roll to their right when scrambling.
---
Romo- Better than your quarterback (especially if ur a patriots fan)