my problems with madden

#1classic612Posted 10/6/2013 2:42:58 PM
first: why are you not allowed to put a user player on an user owner/coach team. I understand coach, but not player

two: it just seems mundane

three:why can't they just create storylines for imported draft classes, i like this part of madden

four: what happen to OC, DC, and special teams coaches. I just feel like these EA games are going backward in most aspect of the games.

five: why can you not upgrade scouts and trainers

six: why are there not quicker practices so that i will actually want to do it.

seven: why did they not just put the whole roster in one screen so i don't have to leave to check my salary cap, or who i need on my roster, or for that matter anything else to do with the roster.

eight: could it be so hard to allow the hall of fame players to just be put back into the draft without having to take control of them

nine: great players - good - seems to have a lot of players, bad-no Bills players Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith, Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Marv Levy, Kent Hall, OJ Simpson. I mean all of them are hallers except Reed, and he was in top 3 of everything when he retired.

TEN: HOW THE FUDGE DO YOU NOT HAVE AN AUTOSAVE FOR THE CAREER
i can't count how many times i wouldn't save for a long time, and then it would just freeze, and I would have to do it all over again. REALLY AUTOSAVE WAS SO HARD!!!!
#2BaseballtitanPosted 10/6/2013 2:49:58 PM
The autosave thing doesn't make sense that it was left out, considering they have it in NCAA 14.
---
I will refrain from changing this sig until Mike Trout wins his first MVP award.
Gt: MannkinD - PSN: A0Tone
#3classic612(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 2:59:38 PM
yep, and i rented this game so its obviously not in great shape so it freezes at the dumbest points, and makes me want to break it. maybe i got anger problems
#4djdeejPosted 10/14/2013 11:44:54 PM
I have noticed a few problems myself. In one franchise, I played against the Colts who drafted QB Eli Watson, and the very next game (both playoff games) the Jaguars had Watson as well.

In another franchise, two teams also had Vander Foose at the same time.

I could go on about the other problems with the game, but I'll leave it at that.
---
But I play on PVP servers for the sole purpose of the STV levels. Damn place is like Vietnam. - Xilnold
#5ionaroc61Posted 10/15/2013 8:06:40 AM
classic612 posted...
first: why are you not allowed to put a user player on an user owner/coach team. I understand coach, but not player

two: it just seems mundane

three:why can't they just create storylines for imported draft classes, i like this part of madden

four: what happen to OC, DC, and special teams coaches. I just feel like these EA games are going backward in most aspect of the games.

five: why can you not upgrade scouts and trainers

six: why are there not quicker practices so that i will actually want to do it.

seven: why did they not just put the whole roster in one screen so i don't have to leave to check my salary cap, or who i need on my roster, or for that matter anything else to do with the roster.

eight: could it be so hard to allow the hall of fame players to just be put back into the draft without having to take control of them

nine: great players - good - seems to have a lot of players, bad-no Bills players Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith, Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Marv Levy, Kent Hall, OJ Simpson. I mean all of them are hallers except Reed, and he was in top 3 of everything when he retired.

TEN: HOW THE FUDGE DO YOU NOT HAVE AN AUTOSAVE FOR THE CAREER
i can't count how many times i wouldn't save for a long time, and then it would just freeze, and I would have to do it all over again. REALLY AUTOSAVE WAS SO HARD!!!!

1: Each mode is slightly different. As an owner, you do the day to day operations, like setting prices and things like that, as a Coach you build your team the way you want, and a a player, you just play. If you wanted to make your own player to use in coach or owner mode, just create them, save the roster, and import it into the connected career.

2. There is a lot of mundane tasks, especially in owner mode.

3. It would be hard to create storylines for an imported draft class, since the game isn't integrated with NCAA. If you use a team and your qb throws for 450 yards and 6 touchdowns, how is madden supposed to know that?

4. This is one of my issues with the game. Head Coaches don't always run the O or D. I use Dallas and they switched to a 4-3 with Monte Kiffin after running a 3-4 with Rob Ryan. Jason Garret has nothing to do with the D. A few years back, they had NFL head coach, which I thought was a great game. you actually got to fill an entire coaching staff, and each position was affected. why they haven't incorporated that, I will never know.

5. I haven't noticed if they level up or not on their own. I usually release them and sign the best available.

6. There are a few that are quick, like tie game, down by 2, and up by 3. You get the same amount of points as all the others, so I usually run the down by 2 with 3 minutes to play.

7. I don't understand your issue here. On the manage team screen, you can see the whole roster, or look at each individual position like you always could. This never changed.

8. The hall of fame players are designed to be used in player mode. Its not realistic to have them come out in the draft. If you want that, I'm sure you can find a roster for NCAA that has them. You can then sim a season and import the draft class.

9. If you want to do a career with someone not in the game, just create them.

10. an auto save would be nice, but also, if you load a franchise, and quick save, it creates a new file for some unknown reason. Why it can't just overwrite the current file i have no idea.
---
Romo- Better than your quarterback (especially if ur a patriots fan)
#6chargerfan1221Posted 10/15/2013 2:38:57 PM
Four: EA is full of a bunch of lazy turds that don't care what we want. I want OCs, DCs and position coaches as much as the next guy, but we won't get them because EA is a bunch of lazy turds who care more about cashing checks than quality control.
---
Not changing this sig until the Chargers win a playoff game. Began 6/26/13.
#7Foreman22Posted 10/17/2013 6:20:20 AM
EA should do surveys in order to keep in touch with their football fan base. I honestly do not remember a major desire for superstar mode, connected careers, fight for the fumble, vision cone, etc... What I have always seen fans ask for has been improved Al, deeper franchise mode, more options and control in franchise mode, and more realistic animations.
#8classic612(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 9:33:10 AM
1. so if you have two people playing you can't have them on the same team, it just doesn't make since that's all I'm saying.

2. agree

3. yes but since the NCAA season is already done, and you have all the stats, maybe they could break it down and come up with a story...maybe i'm just pipe dreaming

4. I have played the NFL Head Coach, and enjoyed the franchise mode, however the game play was really bad. And the thing that was glitched is coaching lines, where coaches got there start, and I don't know what else it's been awhile. i mean if in 07 they had OC, DC, and Special teams, what genius decided lets get rid of that, because if it's in the NFL, madden will not have it.

5. yea, i made the mistake of fire one with overall scouting, and being quite mad, because that's about the only one that matters

6. I do the down by 2 with three minutes, however if i fail to score they should have a speed up button, because now i just wasted three minutes, and have to watch the computer not hike the ball.

7. What I'm saying is if i want to pick up a free agent, or trade i have to go to upgrade roster, and then if i want to check who i have on my team i have to go to manage roster, it just seems like they could be all of that under ROSTER seeing as how it is all the same.

8. I don't want created Hall of Famers, what i want is what Madden employees think would be the actual skills of those players when they came out in the draft. I just think it would be a cool idea. maybe they could also do this with hall of famer coaches, starting them out as OC, DC coaches.

9.Yes this would have worked if they allowed them to make a face instead of pick a face, i really just want them to do it for me, maybe I can be a madden employee i really am lazy. Brian Westbrook is another that should be in the game.(had to put this in here to say the other thing i'll say later)

10. yea, we agree saving in this game was made my chimps, high on heroin.

How much longer until this stupid exclusive deal runs out, madden needs competition in order to be better.

And finally Tony Romo is better then my QB, until Vick got injured, and now Nick Foles is much better then Romo. Fly Eagles Fly.
#9ionaroc61Posted 10/21/2013 7:57:59 AM
classic612 posted...
1. so if you have two people playing you can't have them on the same team, it just doesn't make since that's all I'm saying.

2. agree

3. yes but since the NCAA season is already done, and you have all the stats, maybe they could break it down and come up with a story...maybe i'm just pipe dreaming

4. I have played the NFL Head Coach, and enjoyed the franchise mode, however the game play was really bad. And the thing that was glitched is coaching lines, where coaches got there start, and I don't know what else it's been awhile. i mean if in 07 they had OC, DC, and Special teams, what genius decided lets get rid of that, because if it's in the NFL, madden will not have it.

5. yea, i made the mistake of fire one with overall scouting, and being quite mad, because that's about the only one that matters

6. I do the down by 2 with three minutes, however if i fail to score they should have a speed up button, because now i just wasted three minutes, and have to watch the computer not hike the ball.

7. What I'm saying is if i want to pick up a free agent, or trade i have to go to upgrade roster, and then if i want to check who i have on my team i have to go to manage roster, it just seems like they could be all of that under ROSTER seeing as how it is all the same.

8. I don't want created Hall of Famers, what i want is what Madden employees think would be the actual skills of those players when they came out in the draft. I just think it would be a cool idea. maybe they could also do this with hall of famer coaches, starting them out as OC, DC coaches.

9.Yes this would have worked if they allowed them to make a face instead of pick a face, i really just want them to do it for me, maybe I can be a madden employee i really am lazy. Brian Westbrook is another that should be in the game.(had to put this in here to say the other thing i'll say later)

10. yea, we agree saving in this game was made my chimps, high on heroin.

How much longer until this stupid exclusive deal runs out, madden needs competition in order to be better.

And finally Tony Romo is better then my QB, until Vick got injured, and now Nick Foles is much better then Romo. Fly Eagles Fly.

I'm sorry that Nick Foles couldn't manage more than 3 points against a severely hampered Dallas Defense.
---
Romo- Better than your quarterback (especially if ur a patriots fan)
#10LuthorManPosted 10/22/2013 12:06:23 PM
I haven't gotten a madden game in a while. I get tire of the same ol game recycled with a couple new things added each year and keep charging 60.00 a pop. The game is just so sluggish. The player models are just bad, IMO. Theyre all short and squaty.

A football franchise that was ahead of its time was the NFL 2k series back in the day. The ESPN presentation was amazing. I remember putting that disc in the xbox, and when it showed the wide view of the stadium, it felt spacious. Madden kinda cheats with a forced perspective kind of thing going on. Play the two games back to back and you'll see. The character models were way better. They used real lighting source on uniforms to show shading instead of using textures for shading on uniforms. And on madden, little things like the small numbers on the jersey's, I don't like. NFL2k had the nice big numbers. Just a bunch of little things that madden never fixes, gets on my nerves.

I'll be sooooooo glad when EA's NFL contract runs out and hope to god that they don't do another long term exclusive deal.
---
GT: xCommando80x