Where do you think Tom Brady ranks as a QB?

#1yourwisesagePosted 10/14/2013 8:59:26 AM
Where do you think Tom Brady Ranks as a QB? - Results (55 votes)
12.73% (7 votes)
Top 3
38.18% (21 votes)
Top 5
41.82% (23 votes)
Top 10
5.45% (3 votes)
Middle of the pack
0% (0 votes)
Below Average
1.82% (1 votes)
Dead last
0% (0 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Topic
---
FC: 2809-8205-5326
#2BaseballtitanPosted 10/14/2013 9:05:31 AM
Top 5. Anyone that doesn't think so is trolling. Peyton is clearly #1 right now, and I couldn't personally say who I think is better between Brees, Brady or Rodgers. I couldn't even say who my #5 qb is anymore..
---
I will refrain from changing this sig until Mike Trout wins his first MVP award.
Gt: MannkinD - PSN: A0Tone
#3wirymo123Posted 10/14/2013 11:41:33 AM
Tom Brady is not a top 5 this year. He is a top 10 in the history of the NFL, but he's not close to that this year.

Ahead of Brady, I would have the following:

-P. Manning
-Drew Brees
-Aaron Rodgers
-Andrew Luck
-Phillip Rivers

As mentioned, this is for this year only. All five of those guys are playing better than Brady is. I understand that he has new/young recievers and injuries, but that happens to every team.

Although he is 5-1, he is having arguably one of his worst years. He has missed throws, made bad reads, and overall not showed the excelence that we are used to seeing from Brady.

He had the late td last night to win it, yes. However, it took him three tries to get in the endzone. Most starting qbs could get 6 points if they had three chances in a row to do it. Just saying. Had the Saints offense not implode, he would have lost that game with a late pick.
---
GT- FuzzyPillow19
Go Indy!
#4ReverseisbackPosted 10/14/2013 12:24:48 PM
How in the world does this relate to madden 25!! Yourwussage your the king of non related topics. YOU DONT EVEN HAVE THE GAME!!!!!
---
Greg Williams got those boys playing sum D ! Go titans, Go heat !
#5JamaalCharles39Posted 10/14/2013 2:29:35 PM
Reverseisback posted...
How in the world does this relate to madden 25!! Yourwussage your the king of non related topics. YOU DONT EVEN HAVE THE GAME!!!!!

Ok
---
Tony Gonzalez is the best tight end ever. Not Winslow SR. ,Gronk, or Mackey are even close to being as good as him.
KC Chiefs got the #1 Fanbase in the NFL
#6daishan35Posted 10/14/2013 5:21:16 PM
The problem I have with Tom Brady is the same problem I have with all of the Patriots as individual players. They play in what can be considered the best offensive and defensive schemes of all time. Look at what happened when Brady was out for the year. Cassel comes in and they go 11-5; he performs very well and justifies a trade. They trade him to Kansas City and he is god -awful. The Patriots are the same on defense. The whole team is basically plug n play...and that, even though i hate to admit it since I can't stand them, is a perfect way to run a team.

So...imho its hard to judge just how good anyone on the Patriots is until they leave the Patriots.

One more thing though: its not the players fault that they got drafted into this system, its just my argument that the system makes them look better that any of them truly are.
---
See you, Space Cowboy.
#7NekoEspiritoPosted 10/14/2013 10:25:32 PM
Absolutely top 5. As great a list as you have, man, I just have to figure that he's doing what he is does despite his awful options. You give those receivers to any of the others on the list and all of a sudden they're a notch or two down in consideration.

Although Luck might be there after tonight with his receiving corps, ugh...
---
Xbox gamertag: NekoEspirito
Currently playing: Skyrim, CoD: Black Ops 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect, Catan.
#8djdeejPosted 10/14/2013 11:42:31 PM
NekoEspirito posted...
Absolutely top 5. As great a list as you have, man, I just have to figure that he's doing what he is does despite his awful options. You give those receivers to any of the others on the list and all of a sudden they're a notch or two down in consideration.

Although Luck might be there after tonight with his receiving corps, ugh...

Agreed. Rodgers lost Jones and Cobb yesterday, and it took Jarrett Boykin (who? exactly) his fourth target to finally catch a ball, and it was a screen where all he had to do was stand still to catch it. Every other attempt had Rodgers looking like a rookie.
---
But I play on PVP servers for the sole purpose of the STV levels. Damn place is like Vietnam. - Xilnold
#9RS_YELARAKAPosted 10/15/2013 2:09:48 AM(edited)
daishan35 posted...
The problem I have with Tom Brady is the same problem I have with all of the Patriots as individual players. They play in what can be considered the best offensive and defensive schemes of all time. Look at what happened when Brady was out for the year. Cassel comes in and they go 11-5; he performs very well and justifies a trade. They trade him to Kansas City and he is god -awful. The Patriots are the same on defense. The whole team is basically plug n play...and that, even though i hate to admit it since I can't stand them, is a perfect way to run a team.

So...imho its hard to judge just how good anyone on the Patriots is until they leave the Patriots.

One more thing though: its not the players fault that they got drafted into this system, its just my argument that the system makes them look better that any of them truly are.

Was just about to say something similar. Ill only add that Tom Brady throwing 5 yard in routes and backs in the flats doesn't impress me at all. If you are talking players currently in the NFL yes he's top 5. All time has not in my personal top 10. And before people bring up his 3 Super Bowls I'd like to point out that its been 10+ years since and hes gotten NOTHING. And when the Pats won their Championships Brady's numbers were not that impressive. He was throwing TDs in the 20's and INTs in the teens for the season. It was the Defense and Vinateiri that won for them. I'm personally tired of hearing how great he is by some people when all he does is Dink n Dunk all game.

And the Cassel example was spot on.
---
GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
How Bout Them Denver Broncos!!
#10yourwisesage(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 4:52:53 AM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
daishan35 posted...

Was just about to say something similar. Ill only add that Tom Brady throwing 5 yard in routes and backs in the flats doesn't impress me at all. If you are talking players currently in the NFL yes he's top 5. All time has not in my personal top 10. And before people bring up his 3 Super Bowls I'd like to point out that its been 10+ years since and hes gotten NOTHING. And when the Pats won their Championships Brady's numbers were not that impressive. He was throwing TDs in the 20's and INTs in the teens for the season. It was the Defense and Vinateiri that won for them. I'm personally tired of hearing how great he is by some people when all he does is Dink n Dunk all game.

And the Cassel example was spot on.

How can you say he's done nothing since winning his first 3 Super Bowls? He won the MVP (twice) and went to two more SBs.
---
FC: 2809-8205-5326