Where do you think Tom Brady ranks as a QB?

#11RS_YELARAKAPosted 10/15/2013 6:23:11 AM
Tom Brady is on pace to finish with less than 7 yards per attempt for the 6th or 7th time in his career. Peyton has only done that once and I believe it was in his 1st or 2nd season.

Dink n Dunk don't impress me. Its a system
---
GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
How Bout Them Denver Broncos!!
#12ReverseisbackPosted 10/15/2013 12:52:20 PM
You can tell lots of people on the team ( now n the past ) just don't like him, he's a real jerk they say. Welker , eldman, moss, ocho sinco,gronk , etc etc.
---
Greg Williams got those boys playing sum D ! Go titans, Go heat !
#13yourwisesage(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 4:17:53 AM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Tom Brady is on pace to finish with less than 7 yards per attempt for the 6th or 7th time in his career. Peyton has only done that once and I believe it was in his 1st or 2nd season.

Brady isn't all about "Dink n Dunk" or whatever you'd like to call it. Watch the game winning TD pass of the Saints game. Or go back to 2007 when Moss was in NE. Brady was throwing it deep all day and put up 50 TDs. Granted Moss was a freak athlete, but right now Peyton has at least 3 elite receivers while Brady is playing with rookies and nobodies in a team that's riddled with key injuries (Gronk, Amendola, Wilfork, Mayo, Talib, Hernandez (jail))
---
FC: 2809-8205-5326
#14BaseballtitanPosted 10/16/2013 6:29:04 AM
yourwisesage posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...

Brady isn't all about "Dink n Dunk" or whatever you'd like to call it. Watch the game winning TD pass of the Saints game. Or go back to 2007 when Moss was in NE. Brady was throwing it deep all day and put up 50 TDs. Granted Moss was a freak athlete, but right now Peyton has at least 3 elite receivers while Brady is playing with rookies and nobodies in a team that's riddled with key injuries (Gronk, Amendola, Wilfork, Mayo, Talib, Hernandez (jail))

(Just to build off Sage's post.)

First off, in full seasons, Brady has only finished with less than 7 y/a 4 times, and 3 of them were the first 3 years of him being that starter. Even with that, 2 of those years were 6.9 y/a, so the difference is seriously a matter of inches. Peyton has finished with less than 7 y/a twice, one of those as recent as 2010, but again that's a year he finished with 6.9 y/a.

Peyton even had 2 of the most reliable receivers in the entire NFL when he was in Indy. Marvin Harrison AND Reggie Wayne? Then he also had a great pass catching tight end in Dallas Clark, and even guys like Pierre Garcon towards the end of his time with the Colts. Factor in that their defense was pretty much subpar annually (imo) then of course peyton is going to be averaging 7+ y/a because he's constantly throwing the ball downfield.

I also think that any of the top qbs in the NFL could do exactly what Peyton is doing if they played on that team. Rodgers would love to have that offensive line, Brees would love to have that running game, Brady would love to have a healthy offense...
---
I will refrain from changing this sig until Mike Trout wins his first MVP award.
Gt: MannkinD - PSN: A0Tone
#15Plant42Posted 10/16/2013 8:22:29 AM
Give Brady the Steelers or Raiders line and then lets see how good of a QB he is.
#16wirymo123Posted 10/16/2013 12:06:04 PM
yourwisesage posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...

How "elite" were those recievers when Tim Tebow was throwing the football? They were nobodies. Peyton came to Denver and completely changed the culture there. Made the Broncos a powerhouse on offense.

When it was first announced that Peyton was going to Denver last year, everyone questioned it because nobody thought that Denver had the talent or the weapons to have a great offense, even with P. Manning.

Now look at what has happened. Peyton makes players around him better. He makes average recievers look like pro bowlers.

The person that said Tom Brady was great because of his system was spot on. He missed an entire year and his team still went 11-5. The following year when he returned, they went 10-6. Anyone with a brain can see how great the coaching is in New Enlgand. There's never been a system that could make the most out of such little talent like that before.
---
GT- FuzzyPillow19
Go Indy!
#17RS_YELARAKAPosted 10/16/2013 1:18:15 PM
yourwisesage posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...

OBVIOUSLY the guy can complete a deeper pass now and then. And please don't bring up Moss to validate Brady being a deep ball passer. Moss made Culpepper look like Dan Marino. All I'm saying is he completes majority of his passes in the 5-10 yard range. He's more of a game manager who completes short passes to avoid bad plays.

And let us be truthful about the saints game. It took Brady 3 tries to finally make that comeback. The saints went 3 and out two times in a row to give Brady a 3rd try. It was the DEFENSE responsible for even giving Brady that chance. Just like when Brady won SuperBowls it was his DEFENSE that was a top 3 defense in the league. Brady was putting up average numbers at that point. His Defense and Kicker won those Super Bowls.

Good point about the Broncos receivers as well. Who was Julius Thomas before Manning? Who was Erick Decker? Granted they were young guys with Teblows throwing them the ball. And As a die hard Broncos fan I can tell you Decker is over rated. He has to be the clumsiest, worst hands, most inconsistent receiver out there that people thank is better than he is. Hell go one game and look great, the next he drops 3 passes, fumbles, and trips over himself. He's dropped at least 2 touchdowns already this year. Thomas is no better than half the other TE in the league, BUT Peyton makes him look good. D. Thomas is a legit start though and Welker is a legit short pass security blanket. That's not Peyton's fault he has a couple good receivers. But Peyton is a GENIOUS at reading defenses, the best there's ever been.
---
#18vashtrichamPosted 10/16/2013 2:34:03 PM
daishan35 posted...
The problem I have with Tom Brady is the same problem I have with all of the Patriots as individual players. They play in what can be considered the best offensive and defensive schemes of all time. Look at what happened when Brady was out for the year. Cassel comes in and they go 11-5; he performs very well and justifies a trade. They trade him to Kansas City and he is god -awful. The Patriots are the same on defense. The whole team is basically plug n play...and that, even though i hate to admit it since I can't stand them, is a perfect way to run a team.

So...imho its hard to judge just how good anyone on the Patriots is until they leave the Patriots.

One more thing though: its not the players fault that they got drafted into this system, its just my argument that the system makes them look better that any of them truly are.

Lol anyone who says this knows zero about football. Brady helped create this "system" they are one and the same. Lets not forget bradys ability to move in the pocket to avoid sacks, great ability to pre read, nerves of steel, lack of weapons, hardly ever had a running game, constantly changing parts, yet he still produces.
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#19RS_YELARAKAPosted 10/16/2013 7:14:06 PM(edited)
vashtricham posted...
daishan35 posted...
The problem I have with Tom Brady is the same problem I have with all of the Patriots as individual players. They play in what can be considered the best offensive and defensive schemes of all time. Look at what happened when Brady was out for the year. Cassel comes in and they go 11-5; he performs very well and justifies a trade. They trade him to Kansas City and he is god -awful. The Patriots are the same on defense. The whole team is basically plug n play...and that, even though i hate to admit it since I can't stand them, is a perfect way to run a team.

So...imho its hard to judge just how good anyone on the Patriots is until they leave the Patriots.

One more thing though: its not the players fault that they got drafted into this system, its just my argument that the system makes them look better that any of them truly are.

Lol anyone who says this knows zero about football. Brady helped create this "system" they are one and the same. Lets not forget bradys ability to move in the pocket to avoid sacks, great ability to pre read, nerves of steel, lack of weapons, hardly ever had a running game, constantly changing parts, yet he still produces.

Wrong, any player plugged in and the system keeps going. Its dink and dunk you don't need all pro receivers. Plug Matt Cassel in and system kept on working. Its a 3-4 wide set up and everyone runs 5-10 yard ins/outs with an occasional deep route. You basically don't need a running game because the 5 yard routes ARE your running game. And don't act like Brady has never had running backs lol. Look what Woodhead is still doing in SanDiego, he did that last year for Brady. Ridley and Vereen combined with Woodhead was lethal last year.
---
#20RS_YELARAKAPosted 10/16/2013 7:32:57 PM(edited)
New England's Rushing Ranks through the last 10 years yds/game

2013 - 11th
2012 - 7th
2011 - 20th
2010 - 9th
2009 - 12th
2008 - 6th
2007 - 13th
2006 - 12th
2005 - 24th
2004 - 7th
2003 - 27th

*Since 2006 New England has finished in the top 5 for rushing TDs every year.

Seems like majority of the time Brady has a top third of the league rushing attack. Ironically enough last time they won a Super Bowl they were 27th in the league for rushing, so throw out the running game excuse.
---
More topics from this board...
online dynastiesPatrickChewings111/18 9:46AM