Can't keep pretending to enjoy this game anymore

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Can't keep pretending to enjoy this game anymore

User Info: LonnyJohnson

LonnyJohnson
2 weeks ago#1
Okay so I love RPGs, and I loved Witcher 2 (played all the way through to the end). I cannot get invested into the story this time around. Geralt is so unemotional in his tone, and the dialogue just bores me to tears. Combat somehow feels clunkier than before? I hate how enemies attack you all at once while I'm trying to fiddle around with the awful controls block attacks from every angle with the clunky controls. Theyre just awful, but more noticeable this time around. The choice to make this game free roam was bad too. If I wanted to play GTA I'd go play GTA at least it's world has 10x the life of this one. On top of how awful the gameplay in this thing is sometimes, the world is so dreary and dark. Blood and dead bodies everywhere. Why make me feel even more depressed playing this? Don't forget the load screens. Should've called the game The Witcher 3: Loading Screen

Should I just give up? Will I like it as much as I like 2 eventually if I force myself to play this?
Lonny "OG Booty" Johnson | #Rockstar games taskforce Protect R* Free Aim King, keep your aim assist casuals

User Info: littlecletus

littlecletus
2 weeks ago#2
Give up.

Why would you continue to play a game that you dislike so much that it cause you to post one of the whiniest posts I have ever seen on Gamefaqs? (and that is saying alot).

Play something else.

Unless of course someone has a gun to your head and they are forcing you to play.
Does someone have a gun to your head forcing you to play?

Blink twice if they do.....
Are you a bug, Bill Murray?

User Info: Cruddy_horse

Cruddy_horse
2 weeks ago#3
>Complains about clunky controls
>Somehow thinks they're worse then TW2

How can you be this delusional, or maybe you've never played 2 and just say that you have for more credit?

Your comparison to GTA makes absolutely no sense whatsoever since they are very very different games that only share one similar aspect which is an open world however they both do it differently.

On top of how awful the gameplay in this thing is sometimes, the world is so dreary and dark. Blood and dead bodies everywhere. Why make me feel even more depressed playing this?

Y'know that's kinda like the theme of the game? Witcher 2 had the same theme too. And I don't feel "depressed" at all when playing this.

If you don't to play this game f***ing don't, you don't have to make a topic on a game forum whining about why you don't want to or keep pretending to like it.
equo ne credite!

User Info: Slayerslug

Slayerslug
2 weeks ago#4
This is the first time I have ever seen anyone say they dislike this game because of too much blood and dead bodies. Maybe you should play something rated E for everyone?
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

LonnyJohnson
2 weeks ago#5
Cruddy_horse posted...
>Complains about clunky controls
>Somehow thinks they're worse then TW2

How can you be this delusional, or maybe you've never played 2 and just say that you have for more credit?

Your comparison to GTA makes absolutely no sense whatsoever since they are very very different games that only share one similar aspect which is an open world however they both do it differently.

On top of how awful the gameplay in this thing is sometimes, the world is so dreary and dark. Blood and dead bodies everywhere. Why make me feel even more depressed playing this?

Y'know that's kinda like the theme of the game? Witcher 2 had the same theme too. And I don't feel "depressed" at all when playing this.

If you don't to play this game f***ing don't, you don't have to make a topic on a game forum whining about why you don't want to or keep pretending to like it.

If I cared enough I'd just post my gamer score from Witcher 2, and show you I spent a considerable amount of time with the game. Still that game was waaaay better than this one. This is essentially an updated version with all the same problems as the second game. Free roam just exacerbated the problems the second one had. Seriously the combat is just so bad, and seems so unfocused. Like they put all this time into the animations that the combat itself is so clunky and clumsy it makes enjoying them in itself impossible.

I've never had a game constantly throw enemies at me while im already in the middle of fighting someone else. So here I am trying to fight off all these guys and fiddle around with these broken controls. It's frustrating and just makes the game pointless to play. Why even include lock on when you get attacked from every angle anyway? It's absolutely pointless.
Lonny "OG Booty" Johnson | #Rockstar games taskforce Protect R* Free Aim King, keep your aim assist casuals

User Info: turborecon

turborecon
2 weeks ago#6
littlecletus posted...
Give up.

Why would you continue to play a game that you dislike so much that it cause you to post one of the whiniest posts I have ever seen on Gamefaqs? (and that is saying alot).

Play something else.

Unless of course someone has a gun to your head and they are forcing you to play.
Does someone have a gun to your head forcing you to play?

Blink twice if they do.....

I like the way you think.

User Info: TheGm86

TheGm86
2 weeks ago#7
How come instead of turning the alternate controls on people come here to cry about the controls?
You can't grasp the true form of TheGM's post.
10+ in Charisma.

LonnyJohnson
1 week ago#8
TheGm86 posted...
How come instead of turning the alternate controls on people come here to cry about the controls?

Alt controls would make this game better....how exactly?

User Info: endlessmeans51

endlessmeans51
1 week ago#9
This complaint about controls seems to me to be like a case of git gud.

User Info: drclaeys

drclaeys
1 week ago#10
Friends,

So how far are you. Have you completed the bloody baron quest line. I think thats one of the best in the game. I would give it more time. Its not like video games are released every day!!!!! ok, maybe they are, but 99% of them suck.

Stick it out. It won the most awards in video game history. Do you know what, I bought No Man's sky, and will keep it. That won ZERO awards... Well maybe for the biggest rip off.

Keep going. We have faith in you.
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
I am back from my trip. Mexico is a great place to drink, and eat super spicy food. I am looking forward to my next trip. Gracias.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. Can't keep pretending to enjoy this game anymore

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.