Known issues

#1clayflute22422Posted 2/7/2013 4:43:18 PM
Hi! I'm the co-creator of this game.

1. That Puzzle (you'll know it when you see it) is too hard to figure out...I am working on this.
2. Drowning in water can stick you onto a solid tile. Will fix this.
3. No controller support out of the box - I am looking into whether I can add this with Adobe AIR.

cheers,

-sean
---
||||||||| |||||||||||
#2ILoveEverythingPosted 2/8/2013 9:52:55 PM
Hey, I just finished the game and enjoyed it quite a bit.

I wanted to let you know I encountered a bug. When you die, you can choose not to continue. Then, you're sent to a room which you exit to get back to the title screen. From there, I select "Continue" and I get a black screen, as if the game won't load. The music still plays, but nothing goes on. I tried switching to windowed mode, to no avail.

Also, It seems you can get stuck with the swap. I haven't experimented much with it, but it's quite annoying having to restart when it happens.
---
Yawn
#3clayflute22422(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 8:57:32 AM(edited)
ILoveEverything posted...
Hey, I just finished the game and enjoyed it quite a bit.

I wanted to let you know I encountered a bug. When you die, you can choose not to continue. Then, you're sent to a room which you exit to get back to the title screen. From there, I select "Continue" and I get a black screen, as if the game won't load. The music still plays, but nothing goes on. I tried switching to windowed mode, to no avail.

Also, It seems you can get stuck with the swap. I haven't experimented much with it, but it's quite annoying having to restart when it happens.

Hi! Glad you liked it. Oh yes that sequence of things freezes the game....whoops! ...looking into it, ugh I should have seen that coming from a mile away, it was one of the last things I added after testing...well, easy fix and at least it's fixed now! Thanks.

As for the swap that is one of the consequences of using it!
---
||||||||| |||||||||||
#4DiskarmorPosted 2/9/2013 11:34:17 AM
I'm really enjoying Anodyne. Everyone says that it is a Zelda type game, but I find it to be a very original experience.

I think I'm at that puzzle and was wondering if I could get some help. There is four colored blocks and four picture tiles. From the stone hints I have found 3 secret rooms that show where the tiles go. It looks like the servants go in the lower left, watcher upper right and the manager goes in the lower right. I don't know what to do with the colored blocks or the one-eyed monster.
#5valcfieldPosted 2/9/2013 11:36:17 AM
One of the tiles does not move, also, when you say 'you don't know what to do,' have you moved (i think its) one screen down for the treasure chest there?
#6DiskarmorPosted 2/9/2013 11:49:15 AM
I've gotten the swap from the treasure chest. I can move all four tiles and all four blocks. I just don't know where to move the colored blocks.
#7ILoveEverythingPosted 2/9/2013 11:52:39 AM
Move only the colored blocks and the portraits. One of the blocks, even if you can move it, shouldn't be moved.
---
Yawn
#8DiskarmorPosted 2/9/2013 12:08:28 PM
Still stuck. I thing that I notice is that all the rooms in this area have only red/blue/green or purple used in them. Could you point me in the right direction. I'm not worried about spoilers at this point.
#9valcfieldPosted 2/9/2013 12:34:17 PM
tbh, i can't remember now which of the three blocks replaces which picture, but there are not that many combinations. I had a rough idea of what was going on and brute forced it quite easily, so i'm sure you can do the same if you follow the basic set up 'iloveeverything' gave you. good luck and sorry i can't remember an explicit answer!
#10ILoveEverythingPosted 2/9/2013 12:36:41 PM
Alright then, spoiler :

Swap the green block with the top right picture. Swap the blue block with the bottom right picture. Swap the red block with the bottom left picture. The purple block stays where it is.
---
Yawn