Post-game item collection (spoilers)

#111kiwasabiPosted 2/15/2013 3:19:19 PM
I got the 48th card and black/white cubes from debug world. So do you have to glitch to get the 49th card? It's in the chest to the right of the 49 gate? I read someone used a "waggle glitch" to get it. I'm ready to see the final ending.
#112Darkcloud20Posted 2/15/2013 3:54:35 PM
I got the 48th card and black/white cubes from debug world. So do you have to glitch to get the 49th card? It's in the chest to the right of the 49 gate? I read someone used a "waggle glitch" to get it. I'm ready to see the final ending.

There is no final ending. The waggle glitch means, that you go to a screen transition to the left or right jump, move up/down and then constantly change screens through pressing left and right. If you do this you will slowly move up or down even through normaly impassable tiles.
---
http://trakt.tv/user/Darkcloud
#113kiwasabiPosted 2/15/2013 4:26:15 PM
valcfield posted...
boom. got it. that screen works. you need to swap to right edge of screen, two below treasure chest. then, walk off to the right into glitch zone, and while falling there, return to nexus. that'll set you onto the ledge, it will bounce between two screens, then settle you on there.

Argh I keep trying this but it's putting me below the platform. 2 squares below the chest, on the far right edge of the screen yeah? I don't know what the problem is.
#114LesondeviePosted 2/15/2013 4:37:53 PM
kiwasabi posted...
valcfield posted...
boom. got it. that screen works. you need to swap to right edge of screen, two below treasure chest. then, walk off to the right into glitch zone, and while falling there, return to nexus. that'll set you onto the ledge, it will bounce between two screens, then settle you on there.

Argh I keep trying this but it's putting me below the platform. 2 squares below the chest, on the far right edge of the screen yeah? I don't know what the problem is.

Use the "weathercock jump" under the aera of this chest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSsneIxu-QA
---
If you like Anodyne, you will love Zelda: Mystery of Solarus DX.
#115kiwasabiPosted 2/15/2013 4:45:51 PM
Ok I got it by jumping off the edge instead of walking.

I have to say that this is the most unfulfilling ending to any game ever. After all that frustration and hard work going over every pixel in every world, this is a slap in the face. And the fact that you have to glitch just to reach this screen shows that the game designer is indeed sadistic as the OP implied. I knew it was bad when I had to stare at a rabbit hopping across the screen for 2 hours just to get a useless green cube...but my God! This is ridiculous! But the game designer did indeed get his message of self-hatred across loud and clear!
#116Darkcloud20Posted 2/15/2013 5:07:01 PM
Well I actually see this as part of the story/presentation. Young is a character trapped in his dream world of video games he uses to escape real life. Al these disturbing moments are the real life piercing in his dream world.

Collecting stupid cards to fullfill some arbitrary limit is one of the stupidest mind numbing tasks in gaming. It isn't the way to resolve the dream state. No matter how hard you try. there are 48 cards but the door says 49. So you glitch to that last strange edge and get an additional card. Now you get through the door and there is another one. With the message you realize, that this won't lead to anything.
---
http://raptr.com/Darkcloud1987
#117kiwasabiPosted 2/15/2013 7:07:48 PM
That's a pretty good analysis. It's not necessarily bad to break gaming conventions to make a statement. But what's the deal with the email at the end being incomplete? I would've liked a better hook into the character's reality so I could've empathized more. But maybe I just don't like the game basically telling me that I was wasting my time playing it.

I kind of want to hack the save file to make the game think I have 50 cards. It would just be funny to me.
#118Darkcloud20Posted 2/16/2013 4:59:56 AM
I kind of want to hack the save file to make the game think I have 50 cards. It would just be funny to me.

I tried that, its not that easy because the game resets the number to the real one after loading and someone here had the luck that the chest gliched and gave him 2 cards but the 50 door doesn't open and sean confirmed it stays closed.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Darkcloud1987
#119kiwasabiPosted 2/16/2013 11:00:01 AM
Well he needs to patch the game so that we can hack our save file to open the 50 gate. I mean come on we had to glitch for the 49 gate. It is perfectly fitting. Still annoyed at the lame "ending".
#120OmegaSabrePosted 2/16/2013 12:10:06 PM
So I found a switch in the nexus area that I have absolutely no idea what it does.
http://snag.gy/SPRhv.jpg Might interest someone.
Basically I went to the rock in the nexus went down and use the swap top tiles technique to get to the bottom into the glitch area moved to the left and ended up in an area i can freely move around. It's somewhere there. Also an interesting thing i wiggle waggled to the red cube chest and opened the 49 door. Now if you exit the area and save and title it says 48 cards but when you return to that area it reads 49 and if you choose to save and title you at the top as well as the briar there seems to be a pic of young in like Link outfit. But only in that area. Also debug land does the big black swirly thing do anything?