Post-game item collection (spoilers)

#151kiwasabiPosted 2/17/2013 1:38:17 PM
nvzblmn posted...
2 questions:

where/what are the archives?

and how do i get to this area http://imageshack.us/a/img585/9171/colorpuzzle.png ??
(i have access to the gardens with the original color block puzzle, but don't know how to get to this one).

The archives are reached from a teleporter in the walls of the blue temple I believe. There are 2 cards found in there.

You get to the secret color block puzzle by swapping on the left wall, a little below the regular color block puzzle.
#152_fkas_Posted 2/17/2013 3:19:43 PM
Bah, I've only found the most obvious post-game stuff so far (Briar card, Broom card, [guy who looks like Link] card, and the two ??? items from the chests in the field place). Anyone wanna drop any hints that are vague enough to not be spoilery but specific enough that I've got some kind of clue what to do next?
---
Your face was snow white
#153ohthecommotionPosted 2/17/2013 3:20:07 PM
Can someone give me a clue on where to look for this missing card? I want to open the 47 gate so bad :P http://i.imgur.com/J8teqYi.png
#154OmegaSabrePosted 2/17/2013 4:21:49 PM
ohthecommotion posted...
Can someone give me a clue on where to look for this missing card? I want to open the 47 gate so bad :P http://i.imgur.com/J8teqYi.png

Go to the 8-bit dungeon and look there. Shouldn't be too hard to find.
#155F-Zero_RacerPosted 2/17/2013 5:33:12 PM
So did I find an actual bug? I managed to get the title screen to display 50 cards without digging through the game or anything. It didn't open the gate but I thought it was really strange and I haven't been able to figure out how exactly I did it.

After I had gotten the 49th card and went in the area, I felt like going back to the Briar zone and trying to figure out the swap puzzle there. Couldn't get it, so I decided to try and see if I could swap during the Briar boss fight and naturally, you can't. Let the Briar kill me, chose not to continue and exited the house. I closed the game, but not before friends of mine (I had been streaming the whole game) noticed that I had 50 cards instead of 49 now. Reopened the game and they were right, 50 cards showed up instead of 49.
#156valcfield(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 5:43:02 PM
F-Zero_Racer posted...
So did I find an actual bug? I managed to get the title screen to display 50 cards without digging through the game or anything. It didn't open the gate but I thought it was really strange and I haven't been able to figure out how exactly I did it.

After I had gotten the 49th card and went in the area, I felt like going back to the Briar zone and trying to figure out the swap puzzle there. Couldn't get it, so I decided to try and see if I could swap during the Briar boss fight and naturally, you can't. Let the Briar kill me, chose not to continue and exited the house. I closed the game, but not before friends of mine (I had been streaming the whole game) noticed that I had 50 cards instead of 49 now. Reopened the game and they were right, 50 cards showed up instead of 49.

there is some glitching, at the least, with the island where you get the 49 card where it will give you a 50th (eg, as i've posted before, i've triggered it again and again by going back to that island). when you actually load your game it will revert to 49 (assuming you have v. 1.505). it is a bug, but, as you noted, won't get you anything.
#157F-Zero_RacerPosted 2/17/2013 6:10:32 PM
valcfield posted...
F-Zero_Racer posted...

there is some glitching, at the least, with the island where you get the 49 card where it will give you a 50th (eg, as i've posted before, i've triggered it again and again by going back to that island). when you actually load your game it will revert to 49 (assuming you have v. 1.505). it is a bug, but, as you noted, won't get you anything.

That's what I thought, but it would've made for some real great symbolism and meta-references. Considering what that final monitor says, and the only way to get the 50th card is to die and 'wake up', but you lose it when you go back into the game.

Maybe overthinking a bug a bit but hey.
#158kiwasabiPosted 2/17/2013 7:09:46 PM
"That's what I thought, but it would've made for some real great symbolism and meta-references. Considering what that final monitor says, and the only way to get the 50th card is to die and 'wake up', but you lose it when you go back into the game.

Maybe overthinking a bug a bit but hey"

The only way to win is to quit playing and go out into the real world and talk to real people! Haha. That *is* pretty much the message of the game after all.
#159nihodPosted 2/17/2013 9:15:50 PM
I did a little snooping around in the .swf of the game out of curiosities sake and found the image files for the ??? items as well as the cards. Spoilers if you don't want to see what items you're missing.

Images can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/pV5hR#0

Looks like everything has been found then :(
#160rnldrcllaPosted 2/18/2013 4:10:50 AM
help!!!!!!!! i'm stuck at 12rubies/hp and 15 cards. i haven't used the blue key yet. i dont know where to go now! help. and how do you destroy dat rocks