Post-game item collection (spoilers)

#21ILoveEverythingPosted 2/9/2013 4:32:59 PM
Oh wait I've got it. When you jump as soon as you respawn and transition screens, then fall into a pit on the new screen, the game wants to put you back on the previous screen. By returning to the nexus, you trick the game into thinking it has to respawn you, and it puts you right back on the coordinates of the screen you first were in!

Now, if I could figure out a way to get the coordinates for the 49 gate screen and more importantly the chest to the right of it, I could get in! I think I'll have to map the area on paint or excel or something, and then find a map in which there are two adjacent screens with the same coordinates that have pits in them.

It does feel dishonest though.I'd rather find out the intended way to get in.
---
Yawn
#22valcfield(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 9:16:57 PM
i'd noticed the falling glitch before, but not with such precision. i am not diligent enough to make that work, but kudos if you do ;). I had noticed that chest, and its tough to tell if you're meant to get to it before or after the 49 gate...

to reiterate, the one clue we have on 49th card was a tweet saying they had to 'glitch' to get to it... that could refer to the glitchy zones.. just to swapping... or perhaps to the falling glitch, or who knows what... requiring the fall seems a bit out of bounds though...

btw, yes, i do have an extra key in that area. i assume its not a mystery, i'd have to play it again, but i bet it was a nonlinear set up where, to make sure you couldn't waste your keys and leave the dungeon unbeatable, they needed to have an extra key for you to use.

no luck with color swap treasure i take it?

haven't had time to play tonight... but i also don't know where to start at this point...
#23ILoveEverythingPosted 2/9/2013 10:52:08 PM(edited)
No luck... I've tried recreating the pattern from the top screen on the bottom one, and vice-versa (with screenshots), but nothing happened. I've also noticed the chest is ever so slightly off-center, so I tried to just open it by entering the screen where the gates are, but that didn't work either. I spent a good 30 minutes messing around until I gave up. I'm convinced this is the chest that contains the last card, and it drives me crazy that I can't get it even though it's right there.

I then tried to get the chest near the 49 gate, but I can't even get close to it. However, I got really close to the teleporter behind the gate by transitioning from the screen above. The barrier on the top of the screen warps you back up though, so it can't be accessed that way I'm guessing.

I agree with the extra key being useless, especially since I revisited every screen in the hotel area and found nothing.

The thing with the "fall in a pit" glitch is that it takes you back to the edge of the screen, so it can't be used to get past the 49 gate. It could potentially be used to get the treasure though. I just need to figure out how the game handles coordinates, then find a suitable area with pits to try it.

I found the ??? item I had missed, it was...

The Cat Statue, at the beach. I overlooked an explorable area.

edit : The "glitching" hint is confusing... I read the initial tweets, and it seems to me like it implies a trick or glitch that we haven't discovered yet. The glitch zones seem to go on forever, the "fall in pit" glitch is just ridiculous, and the swapping tricks won't work on the screens near the 49 gate. So maybe it's something else altogether?
---
Yawn
#24valcfield(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 7:16:00 AM
certainly possible... i read it as potentially meaning it is like how you get to the black cube, where you have to wander around the glitched zones in order to get back to a real part of the land. that's why i was thinking it might be in the zone with the 47 gate. but that was just speculation...
#25valcfield(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 8:12:35 AM
ok, abusing falling glitch, i can land on the screen with the treasure, but no luck on platform itself yet.- go to the pre-briar zone (where the 36 gate was), take the right path immediately from gate, walk up to where treasure chest is. that bridge walks off into a bunch of holes, they track onto the 49 gate screen. actually, i had it look like it would place me past the gate, but as you said, it briefly puts you there but then knocks you to edge of screen. similarly, i can vertically align with chest, but not horizontally...
#26valcfield(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 8:27:48 AM
boom. got it. that screen works. you need to swap to right edge of screen, two below treasure chest. then, walk off to the right into glitch zone, and while falling there, return to nexus. that'll set you onto the ledge, it will bounce between two screens, then settle you on there.
#27hlyfmntPosted 2/10/2013 3:53:55 PM
Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction towards locating the blue and black cubes...I've found the green one and have all but one item from row 1 of ???, and have two items from row 2 of ???...currently at 44 cards. I feel like I've explored everywhere but I know there are areas that I'm missing...

Any exploration suggestions?

_A
#28Darkcloud20Posted 2/10/2013 4:04:51 PM
Well I have 48 cards, black and white cube (both behind the 47 gate). I have no clue what to do in the room with the rabbit and the two gates, the room with the color blocks in the last area with the 4 gates and the room with the holes and 4 torches in the clown temple. Also I need the 49th card which is the one not on the list.

For exploration tips, try to get on every room on every map that isn't in the glitch zone.
---
http://raptr.com/Darkcloud1987
#29hlyfmntPosted 2/10/2013 4:21:55 PM
Darkcloud20 posted...
Well I have 48 cards, black and white cube (both behind the 47 gate). I have no clue what to do in the room with the rabbit and the two gates, the room with the color blocks in the last area with the 4 gates and the room with the holes and 4 torches in the clown temple. Also I need the 49th card which is the one not on the list.

For exploration tips, try to get on every room on every map that isn't in the glitch zone.

Thanks for the info...I thought some of those cubes were behind gate 47....I've been working my way around the map in the areas that aren't glitch zones...found the Overworld waystation/Archives awhile back; not sure if I've found everything in there yet...

The rabbit room takes awhile; one of the guys above talks about it...
#30valcfield(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 4:24:23 PM
Card 49 and rabbit are discussed fairly explicitly above though let me know if more explanation is needed...

still working on that treasure with the 4 gates. you can see some of the failed attempts to solve that above as well (right now i'm playing around with walking on two squares at once as i walk in... that lets you stand squarely on top of two gate-squares, the gates themselves stay down till you move, but hasn't yielded anything yet).

as for blue cube, as a hint of where to look around, it is a fitting color for its area.