Post-game item collection (spoilers)

#41ILoveEverythingPosted 2/10/2013 9:43:37 PM(edited)
hlyfmnt posted...
Okay, got the Black and White cubes...was able to use the falling loop glitch to get to the chest off to the right of the 49 gate but the item in the chest (trying to avoid spoilers) doesn't show up in either the ??? or cards menus...got all the items (I think) in the area past the 47 gate...just missing the first item on row 1 of ??? and the Blue cube...still scratching my head on where to look for that one...also even though my card count says 47 I only count 46 cards (leaving two blank spaces...) Is that the same for everyone?

Any of you guys make any headway figuring out the color blocks puzzle off to the left of the briar garden yet?

Hint on item 1 row 1 : It's in the red whirlpool area. You don't need the swap to get it, although it will probably make it easier. Look for a small clearing among the trees where a bat resides.

Hint on blue cube : It's in the beach area, in one of the (many) screens filled with water. Getting it is quite tricky, you need to access the screen with the chest from the bottom.

The card you got by doing the "pit glitch" indeed does not show up on the menu. For me, it was the 49th, which means you still have two more cards to find. I admit I might not be able to help you with them specifically, since I don't remember where I got most of the cards. My advice is still to explore every screen on every map, excluding the glitched areas.

edit : and no headway was made on my part on the color puzzle... tried to walk between the gates, tried the solution that works on the original puzzle, tried to rotate the solution, tried to replicate the screen above, tried random block placements... All to no avail.

The one thing I haven't quite figured out is that the dev said in a tweet he got the chest near gate 49 without using the "pit glitch", which means there is another trick/glitch involved. This other technique might help get the chest in the color puzzle area.
---
Yawn
#42hlyfmntPosted 2/10/2013 9:40:41 PM
ILoveEverything posted...
hlyfmnt posted...
Okay, got the Black and White cubes...was able to use the falling loop glitch to get to the chest off to the right of the 49 gate but the item in the chest (trying to avoid spoilers) doesn't show up in either the ??? or cards menus...got all the items (I think) in the area past the 47 gate...just missing the first item on row 1 of ??? and the Blue cube...still scratching my head on where to look for that one...also even though my card count says 47 I only count 46 cards (leaving two blank spaces...) Is that the same for everyone?

Any of you guys make any headway figuring out the color blocks puzzle off to the left of the briar garden yet?

Hint on item 1 row 1 : It's in the red whirlpool area. You don't need the swap to get it, although it will probably make it easier. Look for a small clearing among the trees where a bat resides.

Hint on blue cube : It's in the beach area, in one of the (many) screens filled with water. Getting it is quite tricky, you need to access the screen with the chest from the bottom.

The card you got by doing the "pit glitch" indeed does not show up on the menu. For me, it was the 49th, which means you still have two more cards to find. I admit I might not be able to help you with them specifically, since I don't remember where I got most of the cards. My advice is still to explore every screen on every map, excluding the glitched areas.

Thanks for the hints. I thought that might be the case with the blue cube. Wasn't sure where to look with the row 1 item; but that area was probably the one I've explored the least. Nice to know that the item from the 49 gate area just doesn't show up...I was worried I'd messed something up glitching to get it...
---
_A
#43Darkcloud20Posted 2/11/2013 12:08:35 AM(edited)
Ok Stuff left to do for me:
Finish the wandered to quest and find the first glitch item. Find the right way to get to the black cube (non glitch area)

Find a way to get to the 49th card chest without the jump glitch.

Find a use for the room in the clown temple with the torches and the area to the south of the grass area. Both have a dead end leading to a perfect entrance to them if you swap a block or two there.

Also what is with the room in the blood temple that you can reach with the stairs to the right of the nexus teleporter near the young statue? There is that red THING in there but nothing to get or do besides talking to it. EDIT: He is totaly backed and says that I should relax and stay for a while. Have to leave home now so I will let the game running for a while lets see if something happens.

Find the item to the right of the black cube and the three items to the right of the white cube (probably cubes too).

Find a way to solve the color block room. Using the glitchworld equivalent of it might be an idea but I'm not sure if you should even wander into the glitch world.

Aditional Stuff: Find the mechanics behind when you are moved 2 tiles in a new room often trapping you in there or when you can't swap out tiles where you can move to from off the screen like it is in the water areas near the blue cube.
---
http://trakt.tv/user/Darkcloud
#44valcfield(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 5:38:57 AM(edited)
Darkcloud20 posted...
Ok Stuff left to do for me:
Finish the wandered to quest and find the first glitch item. Find the right way to get to the black cube (non glitch area)

Find a way to get to the 49th card chest without the jump glitch.

Find a use for the room in the clown temple with the torches and the area to the south of the grass area. Both have a dead end leading to a perfect entrance to them if you swap a block or two there.

Also what is with the room in the blood temple that you can reach with the stairs to the right of the nexus teleporter near the young statue? There is that red THING in there but nothing to get or do besides talking to it. EDIT: He is totaly backed and says that I should relax and stay for a while. Have to leave home now so I will let the game running for a while lets see if something happens.

Find the item to the right of the black cube and the three items to the right of the white cube (probably cubes too).

couple notes. 1. its possible that there's nothing past the white cube, they are just clickable because a whole row was programmed, or as misleads, or as placeholders (hard to believe at this point all of us have missed 3 objects, but i suppose its possible.

2. re: the red guy, there's another dungeon where you can run into a blue blob, seems like its just for fun.

3. i sort of assumed the grassy area/torch room were just for show, but you're right that nearly everything seems to have a point so who knows...

4. whatever the other solution to the 49th card chest is, it was also described as 'glithcing through' or something similar, so you can probably count on it being something non-standard, and to iloveeverything's point, i was also wondering if it might help with the color puzzle chest :). that room is infuriating because there's *too* much going on. why have the room above if it has no use? why even put color swap tiles at all if you can just walk on the gates in a funny way? etc. etc.

one last note on that, playing with the tiles, i did realize that you often can place them in such a way to walk on top of them (easily done if you face up on the screen, but can also be done facing other directions). i don't think this offers any advantage, ie, it doesn't raise your height such that you can walk straight onto another tile, but i thought i'd mention it...
#45Darkcloud20Posted 2/11/2013 6:03:44 AM
Well I would at least asume that the puzzle room has another cube, maybe the two other rooms that seem to be pointless also have one.
---
http://raptr.com/Darkcloud1987
http://www.last.fm/user/Darkcloud1987
#46valcfield(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 6:07:05 AM
word. maybe i'm just hoping for rest ;). but, my guess is that puzzle room has the cube that goes in the first row. not that you can ever take norms for granted, but, at the least, every treasure has come from a chest, which i guess is why i'm skeptical those other rooms are hiding anything. if we could make chests/cubes appear in thin air... god help us all :P
#47ILoveEverythingPosted 2/11/2013 7:40:59 AM(edited)
I was able to complete the "saw someone go there" sidequest, I probably activated it without even noticing at some point. The cave it leads to is interesting, specifically because it uses a filter which reminds me of the black cube puzzle. I've tried going back to the color puzzle room with the filter on (easier said than done, you can't see anything), but it doesn't trigger the gates. The cave's position on the map is also interesting, it hints to a similar area on the right side of the garden.

edit : The glitch world reveals there IS something on the right side of the garden, symmetrical to the cave. It might just be an area you warp to from another map though.
---
Yawn
#48Darkcloud20Posted 2/11/2013 9:15:12 AM
at the least, every treasure has come from a chest, which i guess is why i'm skeptical those other rooms are hiding anything.

Yeah I thought of the same. I rather think that you can either activate something somewhere else to give the rooms a use or that you can activate something in them. A treasure chest appearing after solving a puzzle goes against the logic of the rest of the puzzles.

The red blob does nothing. At least not when you stay there. I left the game running for nearly 8 hours and nothing.

Right now I have to solve the saw someone go there quest. The bear said in the southeast of the sea to the west. Sounds like the southern part of the grassland but there is only that cereal bunny....
---
http://trakt.tv/user/Darkcloud
#49ILoveEverythingPosted 2/11/2013 9:18:58 AM
The bear's directions are misleading if I recall correctly. You should actually explore the western part of the lake and try talking to people over there.
---
Yawn
#50darckwolffPosted 2/11/2013 9:43:49 AM
Just out of curiosity, OP: Is this the tweet you are referring to? https://twitter.com/AnodyneGame/status/299539704397832193
If so, I'm the guy who sent it. I honestly don't know this falling glitch. I used something I call a wiggle glitch. It only works in up down, but if you go to the sides of the screen and start moving back and forth through the transitions while holding up or down, you can slowly move through the tiles.
---
I'm trying to start a video game company. We are 4k short of developing for Nintendo. Watch for Envisage.
FE:SD Friend Code: 0087-8459-5862