Anyone have this problem with the controls? And know a solution?

#1Koholint_NativePosted 2/18/2013 10:15:23 AM
http://imgur.com/snJpJJI

I still haven't gotten this jump. And I know a lot of people have had trouble with it but I don't think it's my fault. My character cannot jump while moving northwest or southwest (upper/bottom left, 10:30 or 7:30, etc.) Nothing happens when I press the jump button while already moving in that direction. It does for all other directions, including upper right and lower right, but just not moving to the left on diagonals. I can move diagonally in the air in those directions after I've already jumped, but can't initially jump in those directions. So I can't keep the momentum from the boost pads to jump across.

So this puzzle has been infuriating. I'm surprised I've gotten this far into the game before I realized that's the problem was my controls. So anyway, would really like to make this jump, has anyone else had this problem? And is there a fix?
#2ruibalpPosted 2/18/2013 10:45:23 AM
Yeah, this sounds like a problem with the way your keyboard manufacturer has mapped jump and arrow keys to scan cols.

If you go to the menu > Config > Set Controls, you can change your controls from the arrow keys or "jump" to something else. Try "z" or "a" instead of "x". you may need to move "c" as well to get something that is more comfortable for you.
#3Darkcloud20Posted 2/18/2013 11:04:27 AM
Yeah I would move the movement from the arrow key to some others. Most keyboards only allow few inputs at a time and are especially bad with arrow keys,ctrl,alt,space and so on.
---
http://raptr.com/Darkcloud1987
#4xDefiant6xPosted 2/18/2013 11:50:49 AM
I was attempting to do this last night and would always end up with having about 2 or so HP left when I got to the second room. By the time I attempted to jump to the lower portion, I'd always die.

On my fourth attempt, I missed the platform and it did the animation for falling down a pit, and I got hit by a fireball and ended up spinning around and dying. When loading the check point, it glitched to the edge of the top left screen, for a few screens and teleported me to the bottom room with the chest. Thank the lord...

If you can manage to replicate that, maybe it'll do the same for you. Fall down, get hit by a fireball at the same time, and hold left after clicking Yes to continue.
---
Awesome Mode
#5lunarcloudPosted 2/23/2013 6:34:10 AM
Yea, I had this issue as well.
Once I switched to a gamepad (QJoypad, a simple GUI for Joy2Key) I was all set.