The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

"one more obscure secret" not yet found (spoliers, natch)

#1valcfieldPosted 2/19/2013 7:29:04 PM(edited)
per the reddit ama with Sean and Jon.. so... get cracking people?

for those not through with post game- this would not be any of 49 cards, or any of the ??? section (i say that because the pictures for that section were pulled, and sean basically confirmed via tweet that those pictures were accurate, as in, there is nothing left in that section).

that said, i don't quite know what would count as an extra secret if its not collectible?

also, from ama, 'no hints anywhere.'

there have been a couple rooms mentioned (4 torches, dead ends) where we don't know any purpose. could possibly be related to those?

also, from ama, and to nip it in the bud, nothing to do with 50 gate- sean openly talked about possibility of a future patch allowing you to get past it, but for now, nada.

its hard to imagine we've all collectively missed a screen somewhere... so my top two guesses are

1. some action in one of those aforementioned 'purposeless' rooms activites something oooor

2. somewhere in the glitched out world, there is something. that would qualify as obscure, especially without hints on where to look... edit: Sean has confirmed this is *not* the case.

3. there could be some of the harder to glitch through areas that aren't fully explored. in particular, thinking about the area that has the 47 gate, 50 gate, starting zone of the game.... w/o a map, hard for me to picture if iv'e seen every viable square.
#2Darkcloud20Posted 2/20/2013 7:31:15 AM
Something that no body mentioned here so far. If you don't get the jump shoes until you reach the mountain. Mitra will then appear there and give them to you. The salesman will restore your health instead of giving you something for the box BUT what if you trade the box for the bike shoes and don't give them to Mitra. Will she:
a) not appear on the mountain to give you the jump shoes
b)appear on the mountain, give them to you and take the biking shoes
c) appear on the mountain, give them to you and you keep the biking shoes.

c) seems the most likely so this would be a way to keep both shoes.
---
http://raptr.com/Darkcloud1987
#3kiwasabiPosted 2/21/2013 1:26:53 AM
My hunch is somewhere in the debug world. At the very least I think that it's something dev-related. I realized about the ??? cards is that they're most likely assets that the developers ended up not using for enemies and characters, so they repurposed them as collectibles.

Regarding what DarkCloud20 said, I actually encountered this situation in my second playthrough. I never managed to get the box to trade the salesman, and now the orange dude that hates the cats has it cornered and refuses to give it to me. I thought I had to wait until I got the swap to go steal it, but I go back there and can't take it. I can't even remember how I got it in the first playthrough so this is a bit odd. Interestingly enough, since he's guarding the box, he isn't guarding the hidden card in the level. I was able to just go grab it without 'cleaning his house' first.

I'm pretty puzzled by all the numbers (1,1 , the big 64, etc). He said there weren't any hints to the last secret so I guess these are unrelated. There's also the bizarre area to the left of the Nexus that you can swap to, but if you swap in any direction that gets you nowhere. And I guess you guys were able to get to the floating 4 or 5 stones on the outside of the right pre-Briar area wall with the wiggle trick? Never got to them myself, but never tried that glitch. I have no ideas about the room in the clown temple with the 4 torches, just seemed like a red herring to me.
#4valcfield(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 5:31:57 AM
kiwasabi posted...
My hunch is somewhere in the debug world. At the very least I think that it's something dev-related. I realized about the ??? cards is that they're most likely assets that the developers ended up not using for enemies and characters, so they repurposed them as collectibles.

Regarding what DarkCloud20 said, I actually encountered this situation in my second playthrough. I never managed to get the box to trade the salesman, and now the orange dude that hates the cats has it cornered and refuses to give it to me. I thought I had to wait until I got the swap to go steal it, but I go back there and can't take it. I can't even remember how I got it in the first playthrough so this is a bit odd. Interestingly enough, since he's guarding the box, he isn't guarding the hidden card in the level. I was able to just go grab it without 'cleaning his house' first.

I'm pretty puzzled by all the numbers (1,1 , the big 64, etc). He said there weren't any hints to the last secret so I guess these are unrelated. There's also the bizarre area to the left of the Nexus that you can swap to, but if you swap in any direction that gets you nowhere. And I guess you guys were able to get to the floating 4 or 5 stones on the outside of the right pre-Briar area wall with the wiggle trick? Never got to them myself, but never tried that glitch. I have no ideas about the room in the clown temple with the 4 torches, just seemed like a red herring to me.

a bit confused on some of these- if the "1,1" you're referring to is in the area with a bunch of numbers, those were the hints for the red cube (can't remember another 1,1, but been awhile since i explored). what's the big 64?

as for the floating stones- those stones were the ones that had the clues for the original tile puzzle in v 1.503, and sean has confirmed as much.

i've wondered about the square that has the red leaves in a field in it... the field is groomed so specifically, and then has the red leaves, i was wondering if someone knew if this was an allusion to another game and if so which? i could see the screen lining up with some other game that you rearrange say, the leaves, to recreate... but that's only because i don't know if/what this is referencing.
#5Darkcloud20Posted 2/21/2013 12:28:17 PM
i've wondered about the square that has the red leaves in a field in it... the field is groomed so specifically, and then has the red leaves, i was wondering if someone knew if this was an allusion to another game and if so which? i could see the screen lining up with some other game that you rearrange say, the leaves, to recreate... but that's only because i don't know if/what this is referencing.

It reminded me of Tetris and I moved the leaves down so they would form a line in the groomed field but nothing.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Darkcloud1987
#6AdvenithPosted 2/21/2013 6:43:06 PM
I did notice something a little odd in my game.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/advenith/Furtherproof_zpsbad3a2c2.png

I somehow have fifty cards. I've collected all of the post-game items aside from the cube in the forest. Despite this, the 50 gate won't open.

So on that note, it's definitely not the gate.
#7valcfield(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 7:06:09 PM
Advenith posted...
I did notice something a little odd in my game.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/advenith/Furtherproof_zpsbad3a2c2.png

I somehow have fifty cards. I've collected all of the post-game items aside from the cube in the forest. Despite this, the 50 gate won't open.

So on that note, it's definitely not the gate.

don't know if there are multiple triggers, but you can get a 50th card to show up anytime by glitching back to the 'island' that had the 49th card. this is a bug, and after you save, though it will show up in the title screen, you will revert to only having 49 cards once the game actually loads.
#8ZERO-UNITPosted 2/21/2013 8:28:30 PM
In the "prison" in debug world there are computer monitors strewn about that can be switched on. Many of them seem impossible to get to but I've managed to turn about 10 of them on (between the two rooms). I am referring to the rooms in which Sean and Jon.

Maybe something to toy around with...
#9Leg_HorsePosted 3/3/2013 6:13:06 PM
There's a mysterious button in the void surrounding the nexus. It's two screens left, two screens up from the warp to the beach.

It's in an area where you can walk around freely, but you'll need to swap a walkable tile onto the button in order to press it.

I don't know if this has been brought up anywhere before, are there any other buttons like this in the game?

Also, has anybody managed to explore the screens to the north of the briar?
#10valcfield(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 8:52:54 PM
Leg_Horse posted...
There's a mysterious button in the void surrounding the nexus. It's two screens left, two screens up from the warp to the beach.

It's in an area where you can walk around freely, but you'll need to swap a walkable tile onto the button in order to press it.

I don't know if this has been brought up anywhere before, are there any other buttons like this in the game?

Also, has anybody managed to explore the screens to the north of the briar?

don't know about screens north of briar, but yes, button has been mentioned, and sean (dev) said that it was just a leftover that was not taken out.