The dinosaur in day 3? What do I do?

#11Blazindj13Posted 4/4/2013 9:35:48 PM
iron_defense posted...
This fight never ends. All I'm doing is running around in circles. He never falls down so I can hit him. This boss fight is not fun!

thts the last phase, and yea he is the lamest boss ever -_-
---
Steam ID: m_blaze27......P.S thank you to who ever made this
http://www.zone-archive.com/tmp/epic_bigband.html
#12OhhSnapPosted 4/4/2013 9:35:55 PM
iron_defense posted...
This fight never ends. All I'm doing is running around in circles. He never falls down so I can hit him. This boss fight is not fun!

When he charges at you with his head, you have to dodge. Then he charges at you a 2nd time right after, dodge that. Sometimes he'd charge a 3rd time so be ready for that.

Usually by the 2nd dodge he falls over; that's when you hit him. Once he gets up, do the same thing, wait for him to charge his headbutt at you. Rinse and Wash.

Boring af. Just like all the other bosses in NG3; but that's how you do it.
---
I didn't hit you. I simply highfived your face!
#13iron_defense(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 9:40:17 PM
I've been sitting here for 15 minutes. All he's done for 15 minutes is charge. I have not hit him once! WTF is going on?
---
I think it's only fair that we throw monopoly money at strippers with fake boobs.
#14Plaz412Posted 4/4/2013 10:11:43 PM
I found that if you dodge him by doing the dodge, jump, dodge, jump method, he will only charge you once, so just run and dodge repeatedly, no jumping, except of course when he slams, since he lets out that shockwave.

When he falls, personally, I hit him once or twice, the use DK's 360T to avoid that nasty bite.
---
PSN: plazmatika412 - You are already dead, the only pain you'll feel is realization.
#15wheepitupPosted 4/4/2013 10:21:55 PM
You need to flip over that dinosaur on his back, do a REAL TIME WEAPON CHANGE, and attack it's WEAK POINT....for MASSIVE damage.
#16langtudaquenPosted 4/4/2013 11:30:12 PM
^^ ain't that in Genji Lol .
---
PSN - BinhP
#17wheepitupPosted 4/4/2013 11:51:23 PM
langtudaquen posted...
^^ ain't that in Genji Lol .

It's in an ashon game.
#18istuffedsunnyPosted 4/5/2013 5:00:40 AM(edited)
Either I'm doing something very wrong or this is one of the worst designed bosses in history. On hard mode after he turns metal is there a way to make him drop down, or do you just run around like an idiot for half an hour until he gets tired? My attacks are barely doing any damage

Edit: Just saw the tip about not jumping... it worked. But this has to be some sort of glitch. Otherwise that is some truly ambiguous and bad game design
---
I have a radio in my car.
#19wheepitupPosted 4/5/2013 4:58:41 AM
istuffedsunny posted...
Either I'm doing something very wrong or this is one of the worst designed bosses in history. On hard mode after he turns metal is there a way to make him drop down, or do you just run around like an idiot for half an hour until he gets tired? My attacks are barely doing any damage

I think you gotta lure it into smashing against a wall. Stupidest boss in NG history!
#20You_Need_A_LifePosted 4/5/2013 6:00:17 AM
Nope, it hitting walls doesn't do a thing. You just gotta keep running around like an idiot and wait for it to trip over itself, BUT if you're too far away from it when it does fall, it'll just back up immediately, so you have to stay close to it in addition to avoiding it. Oh, and it seems the higher the difficulty setting is, the less likely it is to just fall over.

When I first played, I though maybe there was some trick, like attacking its tail still works, so I thought maybe you cut that off and the fight changes , or that maybe you lure it into ramming the wall and knocking itself out. Nope, you just spend 15 minutes running in circles and wait for it to fall on its own.

Terrible, and in fact worse than original NG3, since it usually fell after every third charge, whereas now, it just falls whenever it feels like doing it.

Also notice the invisible walls surrounding the room, all about a mere meter away from the ACTUAL walls that you could run up and along when you were in the room the first time. Just keep in mind that you have much less space than it looks - I've been rammed while trying to dodge, only to hit an invisible wall and go nowhere.

When it finally does go down and you cause enough damage to make it really scream out loud, it'll still have a good chunk of health left, but you can hit T to OT or SoB it or whatever, so you don't actually drain it's life to zero during the final phase.