Actually a dark TMNT game with solid gameplay, original fan day 1 purchase.

#1Dye_Ultralite45Posted 3/21/2013 3:52:09 AM
Anybody else feel this way?
---
i7 3770K 4.5 GHz, 24GB G.skill RAM 1600MHz, EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked SLI, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, ASUS P8Z77-V, 1080p monitor, W7 64-bit
#2BlazingxPaddlesPosted 3/21/2013 8:01:56 AM
It's definitely a day 1 purchase for me. Turtles in Time Reshelled was a disappointment, but the TMNT arcade game was a blast.
#3skyemc2004Posted 3/21/2013 12:11:26 PM
Yeah I really dig the gritty look. Reminds me of the original movie which I loved as a kid.

I remember when there were rumors floating around about Rocksteady creating a new TMNT and was pretty disappointed when it turned out not to be the case. This however looks exactly how I envisioned their take of the game would look which is awesome. When it was first announced I expected it to look like the new cartoon which would have been fine but this is perfect.

Also like how the characters have their own unique moves that fit their style. Raphael being my favorite, it's nice to see they were able to capture his brawler fighting style. While I love the old beat-em ups (Turtles in Time, Manhattan Project) they weren't able to implement this at the time, back then it was all about who had the longest reach.

On a random note have you guys seen the new Kick Ass 2 trailer? Jim Carrey looks just like the Rat King, looks great by the way.
#4Ryan SiPosted 3/21/2013 12:52:03 PM
The original 1990 film is my favorite incarnation of the Turtles. Darker than the original kids cartoon and not silly like the following two live-action films. Granted I've never followed the 2003 or current cartoons as I'm in my mid-20s and only care about the "1980s/90s" Turtles.

I'm glad to hear the lead designer say the game is designed to appeal to people my age who grew up with the turtles when the franchise was in it's prime.

Might be the first good TMNT game since TMNTIV on SNES.
---
Most Anticipated: TMNT: Out of the Shadows (PC), Age of Empires II HD (PC)
#5SSJ2_WookiePosted 3/22/2013 11:04:47 AM
Ryan Si posted...
The original 1990 film is my favorite incarnation of the Turtles. Darker than the original kids cartoon and not silly like the following two live-action films. Granted I've never followed the 2003 or current cartoons as I'm in my mid-20s and only care about the "1980s/90s" Turtles.

I'm glad to hear the lead designer say the game is designed to appeal to people my age who grew up with the turtles when the franchise was in it's prime.

you should try the new TMNT series, as much as I love the original, the new series is better in almost everyway. (only things that annoy me is the new "cool" words used but thats just cause nostalgia, and that Mikey is alitte too dumb haha. oh and no Bepop and Rocksteady but again, thats nostalgia) but the series follows the original comics in some points, the 80's/90's in others, and also makes it its own. and their are alot of throw backs to classic TMNT ala old theme used as ring tone. also I'm in my mid 20's too :p

I also feel the same about being hopeful this is best TMNT since TMNT IV Turtles in Time...spent so many hours with that :)
---
PSN: XtremeDreamer11
#6Ryan SiPosted 3/22/2013 11:56:55 AM
SSJ2_Wookie posted...
Ryan Si posted...

you should try the new TMNT series, as much as I love the original, the new series is better in almost everyway. (only things that annoy me is the new "cool" words used but thats just cause nostalgia, and that Mikey is alitte too dumb haha. oh and no Bepop and Rocksteady but again, thats nostalgia) but the series follows the original comics in some points, the 80's/90's in others, and also makes it its own. and their are alot of throw backs to classic TMNT ala old theme used as ring tone. also I'm in my mid 20's too :p

I also feel the same about being hopeful this is best TMNT since TMNT IV Turtles in Time...spent so many hours with that :)

I actually do like the look of Nickelodeon's current version. I never liked the look of the 2003 cartoon. My TV watching is pretty limited though, I mainly stick to Hardball w/ Chris Mathews, Workaholics, and Kitchen Nightmares. Maybe I'll DVR the Turtles...
---
Most Wanted: FFX HD (PS3), TMNT: Out of the Shadows (PC), Age of Empires II HD (PC)
#7AsikokamiPosted 3/30/2013 5:42:49 AM
I don't understand this current fascination with "dark" as a theme. It's really annoying.
#8Ryan SiPosted 3/31/2013 9:35:30 PM
Actually watched a couple of the new episodes a few days ago. It's pretty good. I like how they actually use their weapons.
---
Most Wanted: FFX HD (PS3), MGSV (PS3), TMNT: OotS (PC), Tales of Xillia (PS3)
#9AxelPoePosted 4/6/2013 12:30:29 AM
I grew up with TMNT and love them still.
Specially when I discovered the original comic TMNT.
I love how dark those are.

Yeah day 1 for sure!
Can't wait to kick Purple Dragon and Foot Clan beginds!
---
[{o}] Hope Never Dies [{o}]
#10CyrianFontainePosted 4/9/2013 10:51:56 AM
Asikokami posted...
I don't understand this current fascination with "dark" as a theme. It's really annoying.

Well, in this case, I think it's justified. The source material (Mirage comics) could get pretty dark at times, and I think the stories often had a deeper impact because of it. Not always... but often. When the comics were at their best, they were really good.

I'm sure the developers won't go overboard with it though. Most turtles writers tend to throw in a little humour to lighten things up no matter how dark the story gets.