Why all the hate?Will this suck?

#1warrkation2578Posted 10/22/2013 4:44:24 PM
So I'm reading some GAMEFAQ posts and I get the feeling that some people are yawning at this game.

Kinda like EA Sports games.
Same old thing every year.

So should I expect a big change over past games?
Or will it be more of the same?

Cause I'd like to get this but maybe I shouldn't expect a significant upgrade from past games?
#2JT_GroganPosted 10/22/2013 5:36:37 PM
Will it suck? Probably not any more than any of the past few CoD games. But are people yawning at it? I get the distinct feeling that they are.

The problem, I think, is a lack of innovation, and I mean that from an objective standpoint. The only new feature I've really heard anything about is a dog friend, and that's far from exciting. The developers are touting dynamic maps, but they also said that about BO2, where the most dynamic thing was a cargo crate that spun 90 degrees halfway through multiplayer matches.

I haven't heard much about the story campaign, but I have a hard time believing it will be anything other than linear shootouts with big set pieces and a handful of glorified cutscenes.

So are people excited for the game? Probably. But are they expecting anything they haven't seen before? I doubt it.

I'm still going to be buying it, but only because I have a truckload of Amazon gift cards I got for my birthday. But I certainly don't have November 5 marked on my calendar like I did for MW2 and Black Ops.
---
GT: darksand3 -=- Steam ID: {BDF} darksand3
BDF: Bears del Fuego
#3warrkation2578(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 7:03:50 PM
I'm hearing this thing about dedicated servers.....

What's that mean?

Does that mean that the Xbox one version will be better and the Xbox 360 version will suck?
#4zeromemPosted 10/23/2013 2:46:31 AM
situation lean out of cover, slide to crouch, character customization, cranked mode for run and gun fools, search and rescue mode, players character call out enemies and give locations, 60fps (bf4 will max at 30, but not locked so will often be lower). this game is going to rock. trust me, forget all the whiners here. buy it and go into MP on day 1 and when you see how many people are playing you'll see how well it is really doing.
#5OmegaPillowPosted 10/23/2013 4:01:51 PM
zeromem posted...
situation lean out of cover, slide to crouch, character customization, cranked mode for run and gun fools, search and rescue mode, players character call out enemies and give locations, 60fps (bf4 will max at 30, but not locked so will often be lower). this game is going to rock. trust me, forget all the whiners here. buy it and go into MP on day 1 and when you see how many people are playing you'll see how well it is really doing.

Um so yeah lack of innovates and same ol same ol comes to mind
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer 360: An Axe Murd3r3r capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163
#6XeonFluPosted 10/24/2013 2:24:17 AM
Fish that move around you.

Dogs, hi-res dogs.

Vaulting over small obstacles.

Sounds like true innovation to me. It's actually an incredible phenomenon how people continue to purchase and vehemently defend this complete garbage.

IW execs must be laughing so hard everyday at how amazingly stupid repeat buyers of this series are.

It's truly shocking, incredible and extremely depressing all at the same time.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.12
#7OmegaPillowPosted 10/24/2013 3:19:21 AM
XeonFlu posted...

Dogs, hi-res dogs.

Sounds like true innovation to me. It's actually an incredible phenomenon how people continue to purchase and vehemently defend this complete garbage.

IW execs must be laughing so hard everyday at how amazingly stupid repeat buyers of this series are.

This
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer 360: An Axe Murd3r3r capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163
#8TheRexman221Posted 10/25/2013 10:40:25 PM
I laugh at people when they make fun of CoD because of how repeditive it is. In actuality it's not. See, if you look at the games through the multiplayer only, then yeah of course you're going to think that. But if you also think for a second and not be a huge dick to a company, then you will see that there is a button for the cameigne too! Emagine that! There's something other than multiplayer? I never knew that! Now go play it and tell me that two stories are the same you pricks.
#9Blade_Runner_07Posted 10/26/2013 10:59:35 AM
It's like buying a new football and uniform. It's going to be the same quality, just new. If you liked it before and tired of the last games then get this one with confidence
#10WorstSniperEverPosted 10/26/2013 2:00:41 PM
OmegaPillow posted...
XeonFlu posted...

Dogs, hi-res dogs.

This

lol @ you guys, trying so hard to be haters

Why are you even bothering to visit this board pre-release, if you've already decided the game is trash and the people who buy it are stupid?

The IW execs probably are laughing. Laughing that they've made a game series that is a reliable source of income as well as one that the public truly seems to enjoy playing. They get to laugh and be happy with their profits, and we players get to laugh and be happy with how we've spent our 60 dollars.

The only people apparently not happy are the guys who haunt the forums like the lingering stench of an open sewer, spending their time bashing the game, it's developers, and it's players. Damn it, I can't resist drawing on one of those stale, overused memes...

Why u mad, bros?
---
Sniper... He's a wordsmith that verbally slaughters others, but in a more passive and logical way. - Lerthyr
Damn, Lerth was right about you. - HamJabroni