To the people who stream cod

#1Baseman(Moderator)Posted 11/13/2013 5:10:18 PM
How much does it cost to do it? I'm thinking about getting a capture card and whatnot, since this game is so easy mode.

Secondly, would anyone want to watch it?
---
...--|D)
...--|D)ASEMAN--...
#2SonyHoundDawgPosted 11/13/2013 5:11:38 PM
Since your an infamous gamefaqs mod you maybe able to attact more people to your stream that way.
#3elchris79Posted 11/13/2013 5:12:40 PM
If your commentary is funny or insightful, and you have like minded friends then it'd be worth watching. Sometimes I can't be arsed with the potential stress of actually playing, and would rather sup a beer and peruse the Internet with a stream in the background.
#4f41lurizerPosted 11/13/2013 5:13:44 PM
1. Capture card = 100-200 range
Mic: at least idk 20 or so?
webcam(optional) 30ish?

2. Wouldn't care to watch streams personally, but that's just me because usually if I am doing that I might as well just play the game myself...If you made youtube videos I would watch them though, because youtube I watch when I am bored on my phone...
---
NaCl back by popular demand http://tinyurl.com/3npncs3
If you are only using the EDGE, can I have the rest? My fat a** needs it...
#5Mander1861Posted 11/13/2013 5:13:53 PM
elchris79 posted...
If your commentary is funny or insightful, and you have like minded friends then it'd be worth watching. Sometimes I can't be arsed with the potential stress of actually playing, and would rather sup a beer and peruse the Internet with a stream in the background.

Dudes a mod on a video gaming forum.
How funny or insightful can he be?
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 153 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#6duericPosted 11/13/2013 5:16:21 PM
IMO, streams only work for pros and when a game first drops. Otherwise, it's just watching someone else play a videogame that I should be playing instead.

Not to mention, streaming can blow up your connection if you're not working with something decent already.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#7elchris79Posted 11/13/2013 5:17:41 PM
Mander1861 posted...
elchris79 posted...

I was one pre 2001, so you can shut the f***up. That actually hurt. :'(
#8shadowsofdawnPosted 11/13/2013 5:20:43 PM
When it comes to COD there's a ton of streams at any given time making it hard for new people to break it into. You've got guys that stream all day long like its their job (like jag), and then you've usually got at least 2 or 3 "pro" players on during the evening monopolizing the viewers.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#9Mander1861Posted 11/13/2013 5:21:25 PM
elchris79 posted...
Mander1861 posted...
elchris79 posted...

I was one pre 2001, so you can shut the f***up. That actually hurt. :'(

LOL.
SInce you are one of the only actual funny people on this forum maybe I have moderators in the wrong light.
Or he is like you , an anomoly in the mod world.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 153 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#10Zero IXPosted 11/13/2013 5:23:11 PM
Baseman posted...
How much does it cost to do it? I'm thinking about getting a capture card and whatnot, since this game is so easy mode.

Secondly, would anyone want to watch it?

I'd watch a Baseman stream.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame