Why did MLG ban 9Bangs

#41yummymexicanPosted 11/15/2013 7:55:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5vAu3ruTQw&feature=youtu.be&a
---
GT- Snahck
#42OMEGA RUGALPosted 11/15/2013 8:24:44 AM
ih0tfirei posted...
snowfoxboi posted...
MLG is just a private club for gamers of a certain competitive mindset. They obviously banned 9bangs because they don't like them, for whatever reason. It's just a game after all. Why play with something you don't like when running custom games?

They don't ban things because they don't like them. Things are banned because there is a balance issue or it slows the game down to much(nobody wants to watch 2 teams camping with IED's.).

In fighting games ... there are rushers and there are zoners.

You don't ban the zoner because they slow down the game.

They should let everything play out and let the metagame evolve.

IF after a few months one or two items CLEARLY break the game .. .then decide to ban things if you wish.

Instead ... they don't and what we see is everyone doing the exact same strategy since they ban so many things that would open up the variety.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Heroes need to win all the time to be remembered. Villains only need to win once
#43elitewarrior500Posted 11/15/2013 8:25:18 AM
fatclemenza posted...
i'm inclined to agree.

nobody cares what you say though since you've been crying about sniperfrog for the past 6 months

banned stalker... what are they high on and where can i get some?

With Stalker there would be maybe 2 people using SMGs since the maps are far more AR friendly already compared to BO2 maps

still dumb due to stalker actually allowing AR users to strafe instead of being sitting ducks i guess they are either promoting slow gameplay or everyone will just use smgs instead
---
GT: LegendaryFalco
oh ok
#44snicklecuckPosted 11/15/2013 8:27:50 AM
elitewarrior500 posted...
still dumb due to stalker actually allowing AR users to strafe instead of being sitting ducks i guess they are either promoting slow gameplay or everyone will just use smgs instead

All it does is give SMGs a niche is competitive play instead of ARs being the only viable option. Anchors will still use ARs.
---
My balls are sticky, and I don't know why.
#45elitewarrior500Posted 11/15/2013 8:33:20 AM
snicklecuck posted...
elitewarrior500 posted...

All it does is give SMGs a niche is competitive play instead of ARs being the only viable option. Anchors will still use ARs.

alright fair enough
---
GT: LegendaryFalco
oh ok
#46ih0tfireiPosted 11/15/2013 8:48:37 AM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
ih0tfirei posted...
snowfoxboi posted...
MLG is just a private club for gamers of a certain competitive mindset. They obviously banned 9bangs because they don't like them, for whatever reason. It's just a game after all. Why play with something you don't like when running custom games?

They don't ban things because they don't like them. Things are banned because there is a balance issue or it slows the game down to much(nobody wants to watch 2 teams camping with IED's.).

In fighting games ... there are rushers and there are zoners.

You don't ban the zoner because they slow down the game.

They should let everything play out and let the metagame evolve.

IF after a few months one or two items CLEARLY break the game .. .then decide to ban things if you wish.

Instead ... they don't and what we see is everyone doing the exact same strategy since they ban so many things that would open up the variety.

Did you really just compare zoning to camping? Wow...just wow.
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I
NNID - Hotfire
#47darkshadowmasterPosted 11/15/2013 9:04:56 AM(edited)
ih0tfirei posted...
I've never been hit by a 9-bang so I'm not sure how strong it is.

Honestly the full bang isn't that bad. You are only blinded for maybe a second or two but depending on how many flashes are pounding you it's just repeated. Considering the EMP effect doesn't even destroy anything & just stuns it so I'm surprised it was banned at all. It's not the same as tossing an EMP and destroying everything in it's radius.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#48SonyHoundDawgPosted 11/15/2013 9:08:51 AM(edited)
LOL MLG is such noobs and babies. 9-Bangs are fine. If anything it slows the thrower down the most if he wants to fully charge it. If you just toss it without a chage its basically the same as flashbang in all the other cod's. Actually its worse then the flashbang from other COD's cause I don't even think it whitens the screen fully. Ive been killed by guys under 9 bang effect way more in ghosts in just 2 weeks then probably my entire career in other COD's.
#49darkshadowmasterPosted 11/15/2013 9:17:31 AM
^
I agree it hurts the thrower more than the victim since if you want the most out of the 9 Bang you have to charge it. Even then it's NOTHING like it's previous iterations where you were blind for what seemed to be an eternity.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#50mcelv52aPosted 11/15/2013 10:25:33 AM
_Saint_ posted...
Probably wanted to take out any tactical element (limited as it may be) MLG players would get beat so very bad by most randoms without their stupid little rules.

I have yet to see a mlg player throw away a game of snd trying to 360 snipe someone so I must respectfully disagree.
---
Gt: Suicidal pooh N7: http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=Suicidal%20Pooh&platform=xbox