Prestiging and squad members

#1somnambulist07Posted 11/15/2013 10:17:46 AM
I take it once you hit level 60, you prestige by unlocking a new squad member and starting again at level 1. But what happens if you've already started levelling that squad member up before reaching level 60 on your first soldier?
#2Mr_SchickadancePosted 11/15/2013 10:24:07 AM
I'm wondering the same thing.
---
"What? Their health recharges? And the bullets don't even work. How r*****ed."--My MOM in reference to Call of Duty.
#3doughnutmanPosted 11/15/2013 10:25:27 AM
You get counted as prestiged once you hit level 60 and do that extra exp bar like the other CoD games but you don't restart your progress. You just kind of buy a new squad member and keep going.
---
Gamertag: ArsenicJoker
#4Cinn_kentsu89Posted 11/15/2013 10:29:43 AM
Ive spent almost all my squad points unlocking characters not knowing they unlock automatically when you prestige. I prestiged and it just made all my characters have prestige one logo by their level. It basically makes you prestige again or you just keep using the same character and stop leveling up.
#5somnambulist07(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 10:33:00 AM(edited)
Yeah I know you buy a new squad member to prestige. But I unlocked my second squad member and started levelling him before I even reached level 60 on my first soldier. So the question is, what happens to the second squad member who is already level 10+ once my first squad member is level 60? Can I just keep levelling him and eventually hit prestige 2 even though he was 'pre-levelled' if that makes sense lol.
#6Mr_SchickadancePosted 11/15/2013 10:33:48 AM
Yeah, I currently have seven squad members who all range from level 4 to 60 first prestige.

My guess is that it can't hurt to rotate the squad members you play with, seeing as it would be a major brain fart on the part of the development team to allow you to buy future squad members ahead of time and then have them deranked or something.
---
"What? Their health recharges? And the bullets don't even work. How r*****ed."--My MOM in reference to Call of Duty.
#7lunaticcorePosted 11/15/2013 12:27:49 PM
Basically the level next to your name is only the level of the character you are using.

You gain a prestige icon for every squad member you max out.

So in theory you could have a full 10 member squad leveled up to 59 before you get a single prestige.