Do you like the Loki killstreak?

#1PandaOpaPosted 12/16/2013 6:14:53 PM
Do you like the Loki killstreak? - Results (80 votes)
Yes
12.5% (10 votes)
No
58.75% (47 votes)
Haven't used it enough
28.75% (23 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So what does everybody think of this streak?

I think it's actually a lot of fun to use once you get used to the controls. The Juggernaut can rack up kills in a hurry. It's also very effective when you rotate the care package, small rod, and large rod efficiently. Not necessarily worth the 15 kills it takes to call it in though.

Also, has anybody else completed the Shooting Star challenge? I just managed to get it done today by shooting down a Helo Scout.
---
Damn Good Coffee
My Top 20: http://ymdb.forumcircle.com/viewtopic.php?t=6032
#2QualiTPosted 12/16/2013 6:17:05 PM
Awful killstreak.
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.
#3PandaOpa(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 6:37:35 PM
QualiT posted...
Awful killstreak.

Why do you think so?
---
Damn Good Coffee
My Top 20: http://ymdb.forumcircle.com/viewtopic.php?t=6032
#4WorstSniperEverPosted 12/16/2013 6:40:38 PM
I used the satellite and it's rods only once, and it felt like trying to pinch off a brick from space and get it to land accurately on some guy's head.

Honest first impression.
---
Sniper... He's a wordsmith that verbally slaughters others, but in a more passive and logical way. - Lerthyr
Damn, Lerth was right about you. - HamJabroni
#5supercoolisaacPosted 12/16/2013 6:42:41 PM
Terrible. Nowhere near worth it.
---
Love Always Shines, Everytime, Remember to Smile
#6slayerxelitePosted 12/16/2013 6:54:17 PM
For the 15 points needed, its liquid poop. Used it for a bit and only managed 30 kills after a dozen uses.

Slow, FOV is atrocious, good luck taking out any air support, etc.
---
The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
#7QualiTPosted 12/16/2013 6:57:19 PM
PandaOpa posted...
QualiT posted...
Awful killstreak.

Why do you think so?

Well, for 15 straight kills I want something that's going to punish the enemy team and make my name fill up the kilfeed. The Loki does neither of those.

First off; the care package it drops is for your teammates, doesn't help you, since you are in a satellite so it's useless.

The juggernaught is cool, but pretty terrible, I'd much rather be raining down giant lasers than dropping down a juggy who does the work for me.

The small rod requires marksman like precision to get a kill. That blue circle is the killzone, it's small as hell and you have to factor in the enemies movement since there is a delay on drop.

The large rod is much better, but takes like 7 seconds to reload.

Moreover, the streak is cumbersome, not fun to use and is zoomed in far too much.

Finally you are taken out of the game for ~55 seconds for only 7/8 kills, whereas the helo pilot does the same but can grant 10+ on a good map, but for 3 less kills.

It's awful.
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.
#8SinCityKidPosted 12/16/2013 7:22:36 PM
I forgot that awful means that a reward won't net you a bazillion kills like other top rewards in the past. i forgot that because I'm not a killwhore.
#9WorstSniperEverPosted 12/16/2013 7:25:13 PM
SinCityKid posted...
I forgot that awful means that a reward won't net you a bazillion kills like other top rewards in the past. i forgot that because I'm not a killwhore.

I'm not a killwhore either. But a brick is a brick, either way you look at it.
---
Sniper... He's a wordsmith that verbally slaughters others, but in a more passive and logical way. - Lerthyr
Damn, Lerth was right about you. - HamJabroni
#10NevercomingdownPosted 12/16/2013 8:07:55 PM
It's cool but as soon as I get the 50 kills patch I will probably switch it out. 15 kills seems like a lot for it.

I like to place the care packages in the middle of the map and kill enemies that go for them, and the juggernaut does do pretty well. It just seems pretty hard to actually kill people with the rods sometimes. Usually end up with 5 kills at most from the rods.
---
GT: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd