Xbox One or PS4? I need a new console to play COD on. Which are you guys gettin?

#1DeViLXinCaRnATePosted 12/23/2013 10:30:45 PM
Xbox One or PS4. Which is your future console? - Results (115 votes)
Xbox One
46.09% (53 votes)
PS4
42.61% (49 votes)
Wii Pew
11.3% (13 votes)
This poll is now closed.
80/80
---
"I don't know what impresses me more.The amount of knowledge this troll has, or how he uses it." <-- About me.
#2DeViLXinCaRnATe(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2013 10:33:32 PM
On one hand, all my IRL friends are getting PS4. On the other, all my xbox friends are getting the Xbox One.

Xbox One turns on and does cool voice commands, as well as multitasks.

PS4 isn't selling your info to the NSA.

Xbox One has Titanfall.

PS4 has....Ratchet and Clank? (Which I used to love on the PS2.)

Xbox One is $500.

PS4 is $400. And I need to buy a new headset since mine is currently broken.

Both charge for LIVE/PSN Plus.
---
"I don't know what impresses me more.The amount of knowledge this troll has, or how he uses it." <-- About me.
#3retroman20Posted 12/23/2013 10:34:53 PM
I will get a Xbox One after the New Year at some point, but dont hate on the Wii U..I have one and enjoy quite a few good games that are only on it.
---
One of the Four Horsemen of BRAP, and 5N50..
#4DeViLXinCaRnATe(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2013 10:36:43 PM
retroman20 posted...
I will get a Xbox One after the New Year at some point, but dont hate on the Wii U..I have one and enjoy quite a few good games that are only on it.

As someone who only really plays FPS games and games like Assassins Creed/Skyrim, the Wii U isn't for me.
---
#5Eternal_WarlordPosted 12/23/2013 10:36:45 PM
I like the specs of the PS4 more than the XBOne. More power = better gaming.

The convenience of the XBOne is it's only selling point for me and since I'm not an invalid I'm not all that interested. Would rather pay for PSN than Live.

I'm not getting one right away or anything cause I don't have 400 bucks to drop all at once but when the time comes I'm definitely getting PS4.
---
Got back from Oregon 07/05/2010. Wasn't gonna leave but then I saw this: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9075/sam1064.jpg
psn: EternalGST
#6brandonk42Posted 12/23/2013 11:12:17 PM
I have them both and whichever you choose you can't go wrong. They are both pretty similar at the moment when it comes to gaming. I like the Xbox a bit better right now because of the "cool" factor of it controlling my tv and such with voice commands.

BUT I feel like if you are buying it strictly for gaming then it seems to me the PS4 will win out in the long run when bigger and better games are released.
#7BlackOps06Posted 12/23/2013 11:16:41 PM
Hard to say right now. A console's only as good as the games it has, and neither one has anything that special right now (unless you really like half-baked next-gen ports). The 360 has always had the larger CoD community and has the exclusivity period for DLC, but the former may change over time depending on how both consoles are received, and the latter isn't a deal-breaker.
#8YellowPurplePosted 12/23/2013 11:54:46 PM
I have the PS4, I like it a lot. Definitely digging it's interface over the Xbox's interface and the new dualshock is the best one yet. And now playstation plus has party chat, so that makes a big difference compared to the PS3.

Both consoles are probably going to end up being pretty similar besides a few exclusives. But as someone who uses their console just to play games, I got the PS4. I don't need to watch ESPN or browse the internet on my console, I can go on my laptop or turn on the TV for that. Plus I'm not really down with paying 100 bucks more for a kinect that I'll never use.
#9RawringAirPosted 12/24/2013 12:20:35 AM
both or poor
---
Best poster on GameFAQs
You are the most irritating GameFAQs poster, correct your sig. - Crack_Fox
#10MegaTape13Posted 12/24/2013 12:22:40 AM
I don't care about either at the moment, and they're exclusives for the next year aren't strong enough to sell either system.

I want Titanfall, but I'm opposed to getting an Xbox One financially and on principle as long they include the $100 Kinect.
I want Warframe, but the Dual Shock hasn't been comfortable since I was 13 and had midget hands.
Both will get Destiny and KH3.

I guess I'm leaning toward the Xbone, but I won't make up my mind until March.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13