Reaction to Sledgehammer making next CoD?

#1Axedude87Posted 2/7/2014 4:14:10 PM
For those who haven't heard, Activision confirmed today that Sledgehammer games (who helped with MW3) are joining Treyarch and Infinity ward in making Call of Duty games on a yearly basis, giving each developer 3 years to work on their game. Sledgehammer's first entry (unknown title) is due november 2014, pushing Treyarch's next game to 2015.

Because zombies is the only reason I still have any faith in CoD, this does p*** me off how I have to wait 3 years to get my fix of zombies instead of 2.
Although, I am excited to see what side game Sledgehammer are bringing us after the abomination that was Extinction.

What does everyone else think to this? Could it attract more people to the franchise, or could it turn people who enjoy Treyarch/Infinity ward games away?
---
"Success is a journey, not a destination" -- Ben Sweetland
#2Mander1861Posted 2/7/2014 4:16:43 PM
Lol at liking zombies more than extinction
---
National Atheist coalition co founder. 171 Mensa certified IQ. Part time Astro physicist. Voted Gamefaqs most liked and respected poster.
#3RBEMPosted 2/7/2014 4:23:23 PM
LOL at waiting 2 years even for a zombies game.

To be fair I understand zombies is for some unknown reason quite popular with some people. It's also the only bit which Treyarch seems to be any good at designing so maybe they should do one of those every year and release it on XBLA.
---
GT: x Pearl o
Trolls just want to be loved
#4BipBapBamPosted 2/7/2014 4:25:07 PM
Axedude87 posted...
(who helped with MW3)

that right there is all i thought of as soon as i heard they were making the next cod

skipping the next cod
---
Cowboy Bip Bop
#5Mander1861Posted 2/7/2014 4:30:27 PM
BipBapBam posted...
Axedude87 posted...
(who helped with MW3)

that right there is all i thought of as soon as i heard they were making the next cod

skipping the next cod but definitely not the forum

fixed for realism
---
National Atheist coalition co founder. 171 Mensa certified IQ. Part time Astro physicist. Voted Gamefaqs most liked and respected poster.
#6J1Z034Posted 2/7/2014 4:53:19 PM
RBEM posted...

To be fair I understand zombies is for some unknown reason quite popular with some people. It's also the only bit which Treyarch seems to be any good at designing so maybe they should do one of those every year and release it on XBLA.

That is so crazy, I was literally thinking the same thing. They can't keep up with the MW / Ghosts brands, but zombies is great (I guess I'm one of the crazies). I think they should definitely consider putting all the maps and/or new maps into one individual game on XBLA or a single disc game for 30$. They would make BANK for re-upping graphics and mixing in new perks and weapons. Or hell, allowing map customization.
---
PSN & XBL Tag - J1Z034
#7smashthesmurfsPosted 2/7/2014 5:30:54 PM
I actually think that's a good thing. I mean I like CoD and all but 3 years in between games is probably what is needed to bring freshness and change into the game instead of "we only have 2 years to create a campaign and minimally change the MP". 3 years could be good.
---
GT: papa cashwads
#8BipBapBamPosted 2/7/2014 5:51:27 PM
Mander1861 posted...

fixed for realism

refer to jvel's sig
---
Cowboy Bip Bop
#9gamester091Posted 2/7/2014 5:55:59 PM
J1Z034 posted...
RBEM posted...

That is so crazy, I was literally thinking the same thing. They can't keep up with the MW / Ghosts brands, but zombies is great (I guess I'm one of the crazies). I think they should definitely consider putting all the maps and/or new maps into one individual game on XBLA or a single disc game for 30$. They would make BANK for re-upping graphics and mixing in new perks and weapons. Or hell, allowing map customization.

Ive been waiting for a zombies only game since WaW. It is by far my favorite thing series, and the only reason i buy 3arc CoD.

The zombies story is so good. And yes people it has a story, it is all in the easter eggs, but there is a story.

I will say this tho, i do like extinctions gameplay more. I enjoy the fact you level skills and each player can take a role.

But zombies story is amazing and the map settings are great too.
---
That's like filling your house with bears and then since the bears are a problem, filling it with tigers to fight them. -Faust_8
#10Bloody_SkyPosted 2/7/2014 6:08:26 PM
I'm torn about it. MW3 was my 2nd least favorite Call of Duty so far (behind Black Ops II), so I don't know how I will like Sledgehammer's CoD title. Sure, I also don't know how much they helped with MW3. They could of just did minor things. I don't know. I'll probably skip buying it at release and see what my friends think of it first, like I did with Ghosts, and then make my decision.

On the other hand, though. I am liking how each developer will have about three years now, instead of only two. Like said, maybe it will bring much needed freshness and uniqueness to each Call of Duty title from now on. ....Maybe.
---
Stop reading my sig, you creep. No really... Stop it.
I said stop! HELP! Stranger danger!