best sniper?

#1ffalcons7Posted 2/20/2014 3:56:30 PM
I've never really tried sniping and am getting a little bored running around with an AR. So what is the best sniper and why? I tried the Maverick because everyone says it's OP but have got a lot of hit markers. So what is the best one shot kill sniper and it's attachments? So far I like the usr and L115 with extended mags and thermal. Thoughts?
#2L4DMalusPosted 2/20/2014 3:59:35 PM
USR/L115
Chrome Lined
Thermal

P226
Extended Mags

IED

Focus
Incog
Extra Lethal

Vests
Squadmate
Odin Sattelite
---
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi
Not changing this signature until Nightmare Creatures gets a reboot. Started 5/24/2013
#3duericPosted 2/20/2014 4:01:53 PM
L115 with Chrome Barrel.

It's not my favorite sniper, or even one I use very often. But if you absolutely need something to drop, the L115 with CB is a machine.

Only real issue is the terrible rate of fire. If you miss a mid range shot, you will not be able to recover in time before your opponent crushes you.

Still, it is the best for one shots if you're a mover. If you like to camp, go with the Lynx. Same gun, faster rate of fire but slower ADS and movement speed.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#4ffalcons7(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 4:10:39 PM
dueric posted...
L115 with Chrome Barrel.

It's not my favorite sniper, or even one I use very often. But if you absolutely need something to drop, the L115 with CB is a machine.

Only real issue is the terrible rate of fire. If you miss a mid range shot, you will not be able to recover in time before your opponent crushes you.

Still, it is the best for one shots if you're a mover. If you like to camp, go with the Lynx. Same gun, faster rate of fire but slower ADS and movement speed.

Ok thanks, what do you think about quickdraw for any of them?
#5elitewarrior500Posted 2/20/2014 4:13:26 PM
lynx works good for qs as wel ya know
---
GT: LegendaryFalco
oh ok
#6ffalcons7(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 4:17:42 PM
The usr seems to ads faster. Is that true?
#7duericPosted 2/20/2014 4:18:17 PM
ffalcons7 posted...
dueric posted...
L115 with Chrome Barrel.

Ok thanks, what do you think about quickdraw for any of them?

I always use Quickdraw because I'm so used to the timing of it. Not using it screws me up.

However, I never use a sidearm or nades so I have plenty of perk points to spare. I play a sniper just like an AR or SMG. High risk, high reward style. So QD is mandatory for me.

Depending on your style, you could probably get away without it if you need the points for something else. Smart way to play a sniper is to not need QD.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#8ffalcons7(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 4:18:57 PM
elitewarrior500 posted...
lynx works good for qs as wel ya know

But if you move slower and the L115 has more consistent osk then why use it?
#9duericPosted 2/20/2014 4:21:00 PM
ffalcons7 posted...
The usr seems to ads faster. Is that true?

Stock ADS times are as follows:

L115 and USR ADS the same at .4 sec.

Lynx and VKS are .45 sec.

and Maverick is .5 sec.
---
#10CarpentryHeroPosted 2/20/2014 4:21:05 PM
I like Usr, then Maverick, and still like the VKS.

QuickDraw, Steadyaim. double lethal, and lightweight with no tactical ;-)

Amplify is cool but I haven't learned to use it do to wanting to be able to hear the baby monitor